No announcement yet.

D1GP Rigged?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And forgot to say that I don't think the event was rigged. It was a great show and the judging I thought was decent. Don't forget drifting is a subjective event and it's inevitable to have biased outcome sometimes.

One more thing. I thought the down time between the solo runs and the tandem was exceptionally long, like almost 40 minutes. I wonder why!?
    Hubert Young
    KORE 8 Films

Comment

OK...it seems I have to get on here and state some facts. I did not understeer in the run against Signal's "Chunky" Bai. He hit me. He told me later that he thought he could enter at that speed, but it turned out to be too fast for him. Words from his own mouth. Bai's impact with my car destroyed his left front wheel and destroyed my rear right wheel in the impact. I also got a bent rear toe rod. Not to mention what else we have not found wrong yet. If you guys who spend your life away internet drifting could hear the words from the Japanese D1 driver's mouths you would be surprised. Taniguchi, Tanaka, and other D1 drivers that were present were blown away with my run with Rhys. They also felt that Rhys should have been in the finals with Kumakubo. They do not all agree with the judges picks either. They felt it would have been more entertaining to have both an American and a Japanese driver in the final battle.
      Ernie Fixmer
      Formula Drift/VR Motoring/Robinson Helicopter
      Lakewood, CA 90712

Comment

Woohoo rock on like Rambo Ernie. Let me get an amen.

Comment

BTW! Thanks Franco and Brad at Team Rotora for the support this weekend! These guys were making the team shine. We were changing ECU, getting the turbo manifold welded, and working with the clutch problems all weekend. I am totally satisfied with the outcome of this past weekend. There could have been a better outcome, but I am satisfied. Imagine if I got the win over Rhys......Ernie and Yuoichi rematch, if I would have won....Ernie in the finals with Kumakubo...., maybe next time. I lost my wastegate dump pipe in the start of qualifying and that changed things a bit, but overall we were able to do a lot better than usual. Thanks again Team Rotora, Yokohama tires, TEIN suspension, 5 zigen wheels, Cuzco, and others I can't remember right now, but you know who you are.
          Ernie Fixmer
          Formula Drift/VR Motoring/Robinson Helicopter
          Lakewood, CA 90712

Comment

I, persoanlly, think that millen should not have advanced passed suenaga. Suenaga had two pretty clean runs (one with a little understeer, but not bad). Millen had two runs, but one of them he spun out on. And then, toshi said that it was a tie because understeer is no points as well. So there was a one more time, in which millen won, and advanced. IMO a spin is way worse than a little understeer. But thats my two cents. Im not a pro at driving or judging so any responses are welcome.

Comment

Everyones response begins with "In my opinion". Well what you at home and in the stands needs to realize, it's not your opinion. If you want it to be your opinion, get good, become pro, beat all the other American drivers and then you MIGHT be asked to judge an event. Until then, listen to the people who were there driving. They know the sccop better than anyone.

Comment

Ernie i think have a question.
                how much power is your car putting out?
                you break a lot of axles right?
                ever considered turning the power down a bit to see if that helps the problem.
                maybe power isnt even the problem???

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
                  Everyones response begins with "In my opinion". Well what you at home and in the stands needs to realize, it's not your opinion. If you want it to be your opinion, get good, become pro, beat all the other American drivers and then you MIGHT be asked to judge an event. Until then, listen to the people who were there driving. They know the sccop better than anyone.
                  don't forget that without "us" in the stands, this "thing" wouldn't be what it is.

edit: I think the comment about the U.S. drivers not having the technique that the Japanese drivers is uncalled for. If you drift, you will understand that the technique is there, just not the experience.

It's just time and experience. Remember, the Japanese guys have about a ten year lead.
                  Last edited by mechaniac; 12-22-2004, 09:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mechaniac
                    don't forget that without "us" in the stands, this "thing" wouldn't be what it is.

I'd rather drifting in the US be like it was when I got into it 3 years ago, pretty much underground, You rarely if any heard about drifting in Superstreet, import racer/tuner whatever. Now, everyone wants to trade in their civic for a 240, just so they can drift. So now, the nopi show has a bunch of show car guys telling the judges which happen to be professional drifters how they should judge.

Comment

• For the U.S. drifters, much respect to you. To the Japanese drifters overseas, thank you for the sport. My family has been enjoying drifting for the past two years, and it beats the hell out of NASCAR.

Comment

• don't forget that without "us" in the stands, this "thing" wouldn't be what it is.
                        Excellent point. But you forget one thing. They are Japanese judges and in the end, its not that big of a deal if it takes off here or not. It's already established there, it taking off here is just a bonus. The D1 is theirs not ours. Americans being able to strut their stuff there is a bonus for America. Formula D is our big show right now.

I'd rather drifting in the US be like it was when I got into it 3 years ago, pretty much underground
                        Well, that is not gonna happen anytime soon. I'm glad it is blowing up. More parts, cheaper parts, more events, more of everything that a growing boy needs to be a better driver in a sport that they like. More money, more sponserships, more bills being paid by sponserships. All that jazz is good jazz.

The good thing about Drifting is that for the most part if you cant do it, you'll know it real damm fast when you slam your car into something. Drifting weeds out the posers quick style. Its a real put up or shut up sport.
                        Last edited by Ghost of Duluth; 12-22-2004, 10:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mechaniac
                          That's why Formula D has such good attendance.

Comment

• hehe Hubert, did you stole my sig? No biggie but jus wanna know?

Comment

• I might be ignored, but what do you drivers have in store for the next D1? I knew you guys gave it your all, but do you plan on training everyday for the next event? If that happened to me, I would train like crazy...

Comment

Working...
                              X