ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RHYS MILLEN Racing; (Project 240SX DRIFT CAR)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RHYS MILLEN Racing; (Project 240SX DRIFT CAR)

RMR Project 240 Drift Car

When Greg came to RMR about wanting to build a Nissan 240 Drift car, we were excited. This was a chance to take the classic J-Spec drift car and turn it into a full RMR Spec Drift Car. For us it is a chance to build a car that other companies actually make parts for. We did not have to invent a coil over system or sway bar set or build the steering system from scratch; Just purchase and install. Greg has graciously given us full control of the build and we took off running.

Step 1: We first stripped the chassis down to nothing and seam welded the entire body. We decided to put the fuel tank on the inside of the car to get better balance, so we made all our measurements and cuts for the cell. We also cut the doors down and removed the rear firewall to lighten the car. We replace the firewall with thin sheet metal and sealed it in the trunk to prevent tire smoke from entering the drivers compartment. Next, we sent the car to paint. While the chassis was at paint, we had to refinish the dash due to the passenger airbag being deployed and ripping a hole in it. We fixed the airbag hole and smoothed out all the damage marks from old age. Then we covered the entire dash with a non reflective cloth to give it a clean look with out spending huge amounts of money buying a new dash or making a Carbon Fiber replacement.

Step 2: Coming Soon!

Greg Tracy
    Job: Film/Commercial Stunt Driver (Cars and Motorcycles)
    Daily Driver:
    Why Drifting?:

http://www.rodmillenstore.com/project240.aspx

so this is what millen is gonna drive this year? i cant wait to see how its gonna look when its done! it looks like a fastback but not too sure.can you verify this?

good luck!

Comment

RMR Project 240 Drift Car

This is not the car that Rhys is Drifting! We are still running the Pontiac GTO! This is a S14 coupe that we are building for a friend of Rhys. Thanks for the compliments!
      Last edited by E86; 02-03-2005, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by E86
        This is not the car that Rhys is Drifting! We are still running the Pontiac GTO! This is a S14 coupe that we are building for a friend of Rhys. Thanks for the compliments!

Build one for me too yo!

Comment

so how much does this treatment cost?

Comment

that looks like a great build. is this car gonna compete in formula d and stuff or this just a personal car type build

Comment

AMG- Bring us the car and we will build it!!!!!!! No problems.
              Gotnismo? It all depends on how far you want to go,(i.e. suspenson, seam welding, etc...)
              slideways2004- Greg plans on competing in many Drift events and any other events he may be able to squeeze in this year.
              Thanks for the questions, keep them coming. We will have more pics up later this week.
              Last edited by E86; 02-14-2005, 09:39 AM.

Comment

looks awesome

but i wouldnt go Tein

Comment

S14drifter,
                  What would you suggest for suspension??????

Comment

I'm not a big fan of TEIN either. (Nor am I am fan of JIC).

My personal choices are either:

Endless
                    HKS
                    Tanabe

I'm not talking about super expensive racing Penske's or MOTON suspension.
                    I've also heard good things about Aragosta. Good suspension for the price.

Dom

Comment

Apexi - N1
                      Cusco Comp 2R
                      Kei Office

with the background that a RALLY driver has id say go with the
                      Cuscos all around coils, camber, toe, ect

Comment

Well, it was on the car already and we have installed quite a few of Tein Coil-overs for other vehicles and they seem to work really well, but everyone has there preference. I will make the suggestions to the driver though. Thanks for the suggestions

Comment

Comment

That fuel cell is making me cringe!

-Al

Comment

is looking very good.... now well see how it drives....thumb up

Comment

Working...
                              X