What's a Good Drift Game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

u dont need a drift mode to drift... nubs
    i agree with mrodDrft you do not need drift modes to drift like in nfsu i mean the game was cool and all but did u notice how in drift mode its much easier to drift than in regular racing...i mean all you had to do was bearly tilt the stick to make it drift in drift mode...come on that teaches you nothing about drifting, now there are gonna be alot of people going to a parking lot and turning sharp calling it a drift.NO you cant do that you needa learn real drift style such as...i dunno USING THE E-BRAKE!!! No offense to nfsu its still a pretty kool game and all! My point is like MrodDrft said you need no drift mode to drift!Thats why i said "i dont think there is one in srs"-lets pray!

Comment

no-offense but i don't think using the e-brake really teaches u anything

cuz if u do it that way all ur doing yanking the e-brake....there is no real skill involved....

but that's just my opinion

Comment

If you want a pure drift game then obviously Kaido Battle 2 and a slide card to make it work, but personally i like drifting in GT3, and cant wait for GT4,GT4 has a track thats a parking lot with cones in it to practice drifting, and i heard they would have some touge and drift events. Hopefully the drift events in GT4 arent like in NFSU where the road is greased up.

Ya know its funny, most people drift in video games better with the e brake, i cant use it at all, i can only use the braking and shifting methods.

Comment

yeah in GT3 i stopped using handbrake completely. i just use simulation tires.

Comment

If i use sim tires i slide all over the place, i cant control the sim tires, at least with the drift settings i gave my cars, maybe if i changed the settings i could drift with sim tires. I just use normal tires.

Comment

First, the number one drift game if you are into realistic physics and touge then Kaido Battle 1 or 2. You start off in a lower powered car like a levin or starlet and tune it and race through different touges. You can also grip on this game if you choose a FF or 4WD car. As you progress you unlock and can tune cars that are faster like silvia's,FD's, skyline's,Evo's etc.. etc...

Also you can get tons of tuner cars and D1GP cars. Whats better than taking Nomukens skyline sideways down the touge?

Comment

^^ is it for a console or pc?

Comment

Originally posted by streetkid
                  First, the number one drift game if you are into realistic physics and touge then Kaido Battle 1 or 2. You start off in a lower powered car like a levin or starlet and tune it and race through different touges. You can also grip on this game if you choose a FF or 4WD car. As you progress you unlock and can tune cars that are faster like silvia's,FD's, skyline's,Evo's etc.. etc...

Also you can get tons of tuner cars and D1GP cars. Whats better than taking Nomukens skyline sideways down the touge?
                  takin the apex i fd3s sideways down the touge and drift racer kaido battle and kaido battle 2 chain reaction are both for console

Comment

Live for Speed has gotten my vote. It'll teach you a thing or two about setup as well as being relatively realistic when it comes to drifting.

My name is "Opplock" or "MichaelMooreDeceives." I drift constantly, but more now that I got my Logitech force feedback wheel. Look for me putting the XR GT into 130-degree slides before the chicane.

Comment

http://www.genki.co.jp/games/kb2/system/list_sp.html

here are a few D1 machines from the game

Comment

Does anyone know how to unlock the D1 cars in Drift Racer Kaido battle?

Comment

using sim tires in GT3 is not realistic to me. when i do drift sessions, i just use the Shigeno Trueno tuned specifically for fast drifts. I use super soft racing tires as well. its fun yes. i also have teh Driving Force Pro logitech wheel. I usually override the setting so i can take advantage of the 900 turning. its extremely difficult to drift using it, but with practice, you can get really good at it. im still practicing. im not fast enough. My fastest time for a track was 2:05 on grand valley speedway with the shigeno trueno using 900 degres turning.... without 900 degrees turning, my fastest time was 1:56

Comment

Ya know i love the shigeno trueno, but i cant get the damn thing to break loose, i dont know why, i change settings new tires i still cant get it to break loose. I usually use the 180sx for drifting. My fav drift track is midfield raceway 2.

Comment

do you have a brake controller? make sure you buy a brake controller for your car so your car can lose traction. regualr brake cant cut it. then set the brake setting to level 4 for the front tires then lvl 24 for the rear. i should post my GT3 drift videos. they are arent "show" drifting. usually when i drift on GT3, i try to minimize countersteering by going into the corner and the right angle... but it takes lots of practice, especially with 900 turning on.

Comment

u ppl totally amaze me... u cant even get a 86 loose ? I cant even keep it straight. Its called learning driving techniques, proper setup, and knowing wat those changes will do in terms of the handling of ur car.

Comment

Working...
                                X