No announcement yet.

Drifting 101; RJ Devera & Keiichi Tsuchiya

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there gonna be any other way to get it? I don't regularly go to import shows. I'm not hating, just not interested.

Comment

I agree, HIN is very ricey, but you don't want to be like all those haters out there. I would expect a REAL drifter to drop his prejudices. After all drifting is a freindly sport of show and skill.

There are a lot of people out there who discredit drifting as something that belongs with ricers. A thing that is all for show but no real use. Obviously if you can drift well you have some considerable skill so dont reply to this that that is a stupid view, we all know that.

I am going to WyoTech right now and it sucks when 90% of the guys here are all straight line muscle heads that turn up their nose to "imports". I am not a huge fan of line racing or muscle but I can APPRECIATE it and APPRECIATE a car that obviously has had a lot of love put into it, so I don't talk crap about this guy's Camaro or that guy's Chevelle. We all have a passion for different things. I wouldn't build a car like what you see at HIN I wouldn't even own one (except to sell ) but I APPRECIATE that someone can do that to a car and make it their own.

So you don't have to like 'em but don't trash talk 'em guys. Tolerance is the answer. I'd go to HIN if it came here to Wyoming, if only because, "HIN? In Wyoming? HAHAHA." But it won't so I likely won't get a chance to go.

PLUS! HIN is full of vendors! Vendors are a BIG step in networking! If your name is floating around out there about, "This guy said he was a pretty good drifter and drifts (insert drift event here) I might go check it out." SPONSORSHIP! So there are good parts to shows like HIN and NOPI. Give 'em a chance!

- End Rant -

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeySlide
        Not hardcore enough..obviously!! a REAL hardcore guy is ghetto enough to know that you dont buy the blasted tickets online! Why pay extra to wait a few days for the tickets to come in the mail when you can just buy the tickets the night of and wait 45 minutes to an hour?? (depending on how early you get there)...you wait in line for an hour with your homies like everyone else..and when you get to the ticket window you smack down yer flyer and BAM 3 bucks off!! so that $36 bucks (admission and parking) turns into $22 bucks for admission and about 6 for parking so then its $28!

Anyway I think everyone is making the assumption that we are all going to go to the car show by ourselves...we both know that aint true...we got with the homies!! And when we get to the parking lot who ever the driver is turns to the rest of the dudes and is like "break bread foo's!!" and you split the parking fee!

How do I know all this? I've been going to car shows ever since the VERY FIRST hot import nights...Im old school foo'!

And another thing..no one said anything about RJ being the authority on drifting..hes just the host dang nabbit! The drift king will be doing all the instructing...and yeah they might reuse some footage from the drift bible (which I dont think they actually do) but so what?? they got tons of new stuff from willow springs..and hes doing it in kazama's S-fif-freakin-teen!!

So everyone quit yer whining..and check out HIN with yer friends...eat some Mc D's before ya go...chill with your friends in line..go in..cop the DVD..check out some half nekkid import models..hit on some more girls..laugh at all the cars ya dont like and take pictures of the ones you do..get some autographs cause Im sure some D1 and Formula D drivers will be there.. and most of all..

ITS A CELEBRATION BIOCHES!! ENJOY YO' SELFS!!
        THAT'S WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!

Comment

He knows that he better get involved fast or his *Censored**Censored**Censored* is grass.

Comment

Originally posted by Doriftomodachi
            That is so *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ING *Censored**Censored**Censored*. WTF does rj devera know about drifting?

Jesus freaking christ...have you not been paying attention at all? RJ AINT TEACHING ..hes just HOSTING..you know why hes hosting?? because he can SPEAK ENGLISH..has television and movie experience...and most of all wether ya love him or hate him he is still WIDELY recognized by the majority of import enthusiasts..

Sheesh it seems like people are TRYING to find reasons to make RJ look like hes putting on a front just so they can hate on him.

wise up people!!

Comment

Comment

Is there any other way to get one of these videos? I live in Canada so I doubt I'll be able to make it to any HIN events

Comment

Originally posted by crimson
                  Hey! No Fair! You go to those events for free. Anything free is good. And by that analogy, the "Drifting 101" DVD will be good, solely for the fact that it is free, regardless of the actual content. Besides, who goes to these events for the cars anyways? Everyone knows why people go to these things...
                  No... Rather he either getting paid to go, or he's under contractual agreement to go with sponsors...

Comment

Originally posted by mechamits
                    Is there any other way to get one of these videos? I live in Canada so I doubt I'll be able to make it to any HIN events
                    Try the valvoline website..maybe you can order it and just pay for shipping.

By the way I picked up a copy last night at HIN and watched it..and it wasn't half bad. The footage of the Kei Office S15 at button willow was pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Doriftomodachi
                      That is so *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ING *Censored**Censored**Censored*. WTF does rj devera know about drifting?
                      If you haven't read anything written by him on Modified.com, he admits that he's not the best driver in the world. But you know what, he prolly has more say in drifting than you ever will. RJ DeVera is not someone to casually insult... If you ever meet the guy, he's one of the most down to earth people you will ever meet. He may not be a good driver, but he loves cars... Probably more than you or me.

Comment

did i understand this right, or is the video only 20 minutes long ? what can they possibly teach you in 20 mintues of instruction ???

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne
                          did i understand this right, or is the video only 20 minutes long ? what can they possibly teach you in 20 mintues of instruction ???
                          They quickly go over the basic techniques and how to do them. Actually this DVD gives you almost as much information as the drift bible does its just compressed. There isn't the "practice menu" or the how to drift with cars that have understeer or oversteer or cars that are underpowered like in the drift bible.

So basically just take the first part of the drift bible when he talks only about how to do the 6 techniques..throw in a few short sessions of Q&A and there you have it.

Personally I think it was pretty well put together for what it is..

Comment

I think mission drift has more to offer then any other vid so far. Now thats my opinion. I watched the drift bible and I was lost through the whole thing. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeySlide
                              They quickly go over the basic techniques and how to do them. Actually this DVD gives you almost as much information as the drift bible does its just compressed. There isn't the "practice menu" or the how to drift with cars that have understeer or oversteer or cars that are underpowered like in the drift bible.

So basically just take the first part of the drift bible when he talks only about how to do the 6 techniques..throw in a few short sessions of Q&A and there you have it.

Personally I think it was pretty well put together for what it is..
                              Hey it's free... I agree.

Comment

Working...
                              X