Cancelled, HARD DRIVE LIVE / WDC, It's official

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cancelled, HARD DRIVE LIVE / WDC, It's official

As of this afternoon, the entire Hard Drive Live tour has been cancelled. Right wrong or indifferent, it's over.

Guess we won't have to worry about a possible split in talent and sponsors. All drivers can focus on the Formula Drift series, where the winner can truely be crowned CHAMPION.

we'll see what happens in 2006

wdc= all talk.

Comment

already? that was really fast....

Comment

Originally posted by Stannyboy
        Lol.. I heard Formula D screwed WDC.. by changing the sechdule and double booking drivers.. which sucks for WDC.. but oh well.....
        Just to clear the air... The last thing we would do is be out screwing people. The FD crew has more than enough work on our hands to be wasting our time trying to screw people.

We both released our event dates at SEMA, at the same time and 4 events ended up overlapping. I know at that time many of their venues were not locked in so they could have changed the dates. As for our event dates, most could not be moved; those were the only dates the venues made available to us.

What sucks is that certain drivers promised sponsors that they would do some if not all the WDC events and now they have to deal with them about this change. I hope they don't face any big problems.

Well, it's 8:12pm, gotta finish up my work so I can go home. Hope this info helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd
          As of this afternoon, the entire Hard Drive Live tour has been cancelled. Right wrong or indifferent, it's over.

Guess we won't have to worry about a possible split in talent and sponsors. All drivers can focus on the Formula Drift series, where the winner can truely be crowned CHAMPION.

we'll see what happens in 2006
          How do you know this? Did primedia release a statement somewhere? or do you work for them or something?

Their website is still up and it doesn't say anything of a cancelleation of the tour.

Im just curious as to how you got this info

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeySlide
            How do you know this? Did primedia release a statement somewhere? or do you work for them or something?

Their website is still up and it doesn't say anything of a cancelleation of the tour.

Im just curious as to how you got this info
            ***See above quote***

Comment

Originally posted by Jim @ FD
              Just to clear the air... The last thing we would do is be out screwing people. The FD crew has more than enough work on our hands to be wasting our time trying to screw people.

We both released our event dates at SEMA, at the same time and 4 events ended up overlapping. I know at that time many of their venues were not locked in so they could have changed the dates. As for our event dates, most could not be moved; those were the only dates the venues made available to us.

What sucks is that certain drivers promised sponsors that they would do some if not all the WDC events and now they have to deal with them about this change. I hope they don't face any big problems.

Well, it's 8:12pm, gotta finish up my work so I can go home. Hope this info helps.
              ESI the event logistics company that was putting on the Hard Drive event with Primedia and the WDC has several offices across the US of which I have a friend who works out of the LA office. He confirmed to me previously that ESI booked all the locations for the Hard Drive tour 4 months prior to SEMA and before there was any Formula D schedule, which seems to make you Jim potentially a liar as I know these confirmed dates were given to sponsors at SEMA when you only had tentative dates.

Has anyone even contacted the WDC by phone or email? I emailed them this morning just out of my own curiosity and got an email back stating that WDC is still moving forward just without Hard Drive. Judging by this you guys obviously like to work in a vacuum, in business it is always smart to do some due diligence before making accusations.

Comment

I work for a company that was subcontracted out by HDL to take care of some stuff for all of their events. I recieved an email from the boss of my company, informing me (and everyone else) that the series had been cancelled, and other options were being explored to give us more work.

Comment

It was inevitable.

Better sooner then later.

FD should hold an event in Toronto, maybe even Mexico city. Take over drift racing in North America "insert EVIL laugh"

Comment

Originally posted by REBEL-D
                    ESI the event logistics company that was putting on the Hard Drive event with Primedia and the WDC has several offices across the US of which I have a friend who works out of the LA office. He confirmed to me previously that ESI booked all the locations for the Hard Drive tour 4 months prior to SEMA and before there was any Formula D schedule, which seems to make you Jim potentially a liar as I know these confirmed dates were given to sponsors at SEMA when you only had tentative dates.

Has anyone even contacted the WDC by phone or email? I emailed them this morning just out of my own curiosity and got an email back stating that WDC is still moving forward just without Hard Drive. Judging by this you guys obviously like to work in a vacuum, in business it is always smart to do some due diligence before making accusations.
                    Whoa... If they did book the events 4 months prior, they did not tell us about them. When we found out about their dates and locations at SEMA, our operations manager called 4 of the venues to see if HDL/WDC were contracted and the ones we called were not, so how can they be confirmed dates. Again, we were given a few options from the venues we wanted to go to (for example: Reliant Park only had June 11th for us, Infineon Raceway only had July 9th and another weekend in Sept, and Soldier Field only had August 6th). Anyways my point was to reply to StannyBoy's post and clear one main thing that we did not purposely go out to screw with anyone. So take it easy about calling me a potential liar.

Comment

has hard drive been cancelled or not??

Comment

Originally posted by kaneda3
                        has hard drive been cancelled or not??
                        Hard Drive Live has been cancelled for 2005.

Whether WDC will try and work something out on their own is yet to be foreseen. In theory, they could still have a season. They were simply partnering up with Primedia for advertising / promotion / whatever else. WDC as a whole is not dead... yet....

Comment

I hope WDc sill goes on for the sole reason so Hialiea can get a big drift event.

Comment

i dont see why wdc tried right away to be huge like formula d.. i wish they would have been more of an amatuer level competition. so that some ppl can move up.. there are lots of drivers that noone knows about.. lots of ppl are moving up by just beein in the right place at the right time or knowing the right person.. but other ppl want to move up.. we just arent as good at brown nosing.. LET US DRIVEEEE!!!!!!!!

Comment

From my own experience, i look with sceptisim (sp?) for anything that is promising way too much. I think it would have better if they started off slow, and then built up.

Comment

Working...
                              X