No announcement yet.

Highway Battle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah I know the focus isn't anything close to a highway battle car. Hence me waiting untill I place the RS500 engine/tranny into her. Then basically it will be a focus cosworth. Ford actually prototyped the focus cosworth..but never put her into US production..and never considered a RS500 cosworth (that I know of) despite the potential that the focus has.

but for the record..I don't plan on getting involved in highway battles. I understand the risk and it seems hella dangerous. Although I did beat an Integra..not a flat out win tho..he went high left and got caught up in traffic while I went low right and slipped through.

I am mainly interested in the highway battle scene just to understand the purpose of those fancy kits / wings I see that all the ricers have on their rides. As I figure them pointless for 1/4 mile street racing, but quite effective cruising down the freeway at high speeds. I guess seeing a aluminum wing on a corvette is anything from rice when they go screaming by you at god knows what speed...they need it.
    Last edited by Logan; 12-31-2003, 02:53 AM.

Comment

It is going to take more then an engine. A well balanced car has 5 main parts. Your only covering one of them.

Suspension
      Engine
      Aerodynamics
      Brakes
      Tires

Comment

very true..but I am still a noob and learning everything I can about my car to make it the most effective machine I can build. I have the enging choice down and now it is on to the rest of the list

Comment

Actually the Focus is coming out next year I heard in a 300 hp awd edition. Could be a rumor but I think its pretty grounded. But only in Europe. Not in the states.

Too bad you can't get a hold of an RS200. Those are the bombs.

Comment

Yeah those RS200's were nice..mid engine 4wd cars. I wonder if any of the 200 are still around? Perhaps I should just score a merkur and drift that. That car is still under wraps and isn't seeing any magazine coverage like the 240's are....and driving 240 prices up like crazy damnit

Comment

A Merkur XR4Ti Drivetrain will fit in a Focus.

There are companies that make V8 Kits for the Forus...

The ZX3 has some decent suspension geometry from the factory, and SVT parts will help for Aerodynamics as well.

It would cost a lot of money to get your Ford to be a worthy sporst car, and if you really enjoy the work (like I do) then I may suggest something a little more performance-oriented. (Audi Quattro Coupe, Merkur, Isuzu Impulse RS, 1st Gen. Legacy Turbo, EVO IV) The list of affordable and reliable sports cars is long, but you just need to know where to look.

Be safe!

-MR

Comment

Yeah I was looking into the merkur as a car simply because you don't see them sideways. I also like the old impulse RS with their suspension done by lotus. But the impulses are rare around here...let alone a RS...I only found one for sale within 300 miles. And they wanted a fortune

what years were the 1st gen legacys?

Comment

Here you go.

Ford RS200 Evolution. #083 car. 2.1 Liter Cosworth Single Turbo. 600+ HP. One of 24 ever made. This car is factory original and has been driven less than 10 miles since new. The RS200 was banned from Rally competition in Europe in the late Eighties because they were too fast and consequently believed to be too dangerous. Recently the FIA has lifted the ban on these cars to compete in the "Vintage" rallies before all of the events on this season's European Rally Schedule because of their popularity throughout the world.

If you have to ask how much......you can't afford it

Attached Files

Comment

Oh and another one for you.

1986 Ford RS 200

#117 Right Hand Drive model. Originally sold to a private customer as a "Street" version. Converted to Rally specs in 1986 and campaigned by Belga Racing. The #117 RHD has been completely restored back to EVO spec Belga Racing livery. It has documented racing history. It is fully sorted and ready to race.
                    Attached Files

Comment

You can buy kit RS200's from Europe and build them yourself.

Wasn't it that Group B was shut down due to deaths of spectators?

1ST Gen Legacies ~ 1990 to 1993. THere were minor restylings every year avfter 192 and they just got heavier and heavier with the same amount of power. The EH22 will yeild 300hp on pump gas and has a rev-limited speed of 130 I believe (110 on N/A model). You could also swap in an EJ20 from the WRX and get yourself a cool 600 horse.

-MR

Comment

Working...
                      X