FORMULA D (New Jersey) DRIVER Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by miatadrifter
    I won’t be able to make New Jersey. I plan on being at Atlanta, Houston and Chicago. No more 240 for me this year. I will be driving my own personal Miata sponsored by Alamo Autosports, Motul and Stoid racing. I can't wait I just got the car running Sauturday. It had been down for 8 months… http://miata.cardomain.com/id/greyghost . Now I just need my cage and coilovers!

Hey Mikespeed I got your message yesterday. I will give you a ring tonight.

w00t! Eric brings the Miata out finally! Two Miatas now, New Jersey won't be the same without you buddy.

Comment

I want pics of Ranzos new car!!!

Comment

I'm not a driver, but I will be the official detailer of the Formula Drift series this year. I will be providing my services to the companies, racers, and the show car guys and gals. I did Houston's Formula Drift last year, so some of you may remember me.

email: neildalal@houston.rr.com

Comment

We are very excited to get the FD year going. Here is what we have been up to since the D1 event last month.

- We took the GTO straight to the dyno in the same condition we left D1 in. Since we knew we were changing the motor out we wanted to get a baseline at were the current motor was at. We knew it had been abused and was starting to go, but we weren't sure when. The first pull it made 396 hp to the wheel. The second pull made 93hp along with a big bang. So it was a close call for us at D1.

- We have installed our new motor but haven't taken it to the dyno. We are getting a new dash display from UMI Racing along with a couple new engine monitoring devices.

- For those of you that were not at D1 we have also moved our fuel cell from the trunk to behind the passenger seat. This gave us better weight transfer and its easier (and faster) to refuel.

- Also we have lowered our final drive gear ratio from 3.91 to 3.7 giving us better top end for higher speeds.

That everything we're up to. We are also very amped to be running the Long Beach Grand Prix. Rhys will be running both the Drifting Exhibition and the Toyota Pro Celebrity Race on Saturday. See ya in NJ!

GTO on the Dyno before it went blew

Comment

hiro, you running a chaser?

and is moto gonna run his soarer?

Comment

Jasper Performance

Jasper Performance supra putting down 418rwhp @ 11psi... 23psi= This season will be a kick, with the supra acquiring some new toys and even more angle! Tyler is Excited with the Long Beach Grand Prix event, as well with New Jersey just around the corner.

Comment

hey RMR, whyd the motor go? If you could email me, mike@bubbadrift.com , were on kinda alimited budget so any info on making our motors last as long as possible would help us out a lot.

also yall running ls2 now or still teh lsjuan?

Comment

We're not sure why it went yet. We sent it back to Detroit and they are going to tear it down and see. I will let you know what it was when we find it out.

We are sticking to the LS1. We've already developed the LS1 for drifting, so we didn't really see a need to re-develope the LS2. Too much $$$

Comment

Originally posted by driftdeez
                    I'll be there not with my car but as crew chief for Verena Mei's Team and Nissan Motorsports
                    aka a fancy way to say leg humper

Comment

To bad I don't live anywhere near you Hubert..I would love to get hooked up with some goodies. Can't beat free stuff =P
                      Last edited by tougeC; 03-29-2005, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Hubert, post on either www.clubloose.com, www.importfanatix.com, or dgtrials.com....one of our local north jersey goonies should be able to pick you up.

Comment

Originally posted by motdyn_s14
                          Alright, cool~ Thanks.
                          yeah......alot of my friends that are going are like 30mins from newark. i'm assuming you need to be @ wall friday morning? send me a pm and i'll will find out. i may be trailering a car down there or just driving my s14....

Comment

I don't have any pics or anything...I am pretty illiterate when it comes to uploading pics from cameras and all that stuff. I will try to keep everyone more informed on what I am up to and getting car ready for Formula D and stuff. I am still getting the McKinney car squared away. I have been working with BLAST racing for the tuning. They recently installed an HKS FCON computer and tuned it. I am still getting it fine tuned so it is ready for a pretty hectic upcoming schedule. It looks like I am on standbye for the Long Beach Grand Prix thing and the car has to be ready to perform there too. It is going right on the transport from there so it has to be ready in a few days. I am currently hunting down and HKS boost controller...then the car will get finished on Wednesday. I hope this little bit helps, more info to come soon.
                            Ernie Fixmer
                            Formula Drift/VR Motoring/Robinson Helicopter
                            Lakewood, CA 90712

Comment

Thers alot of people going to this thing!! I CANT WAIT!!! COUTDOWN LESS THAN 2 WEEKS!!! Well, I had a question to the drivers and people that are gonna be there. - I was wondering if the drivers get like free tickets to give to friends or something. You see im broke and cheap at the same time, and $25 at the gate is a small price, but like I said im broke, any chance you can throw some tickers my way!!

PS- If you cant its ok, ill just rob someone for some money

Comment

Working...
                              X