Drifting an Eclipse GSX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drifting an Eclipse GSX?

I was thinking about getting an Eclipse GSX. I wanted to know if anyone has drifted in these, and how was it?

The GSX model is AWD right?

Comment

Yes, it is the AWD model.

Comment

it can be drifting..but honestly if your all about the drift...get a RWD car..

Comment

RE:

Check the thread on the RWD Eagle Talon.

Comment

Not really a good idea.

Comment

RE:

And trying to drift 4WD is

Comment

Yeah AWD can drift, but be prepared to be told "get a RWD car", "you're an idiot", and "It's not a good idea".

IMO, AWD drifting is like that one kid on the playground who just doesn't play nice, punches and kicks, yells, steals the ball from the soccer game, and pushes everyone else down on the blacktop. Not to make RWD drifting sound like child's play, but in AWD drifting, there will be a lot of times where you probably won't be able to regain control of the car and you'll spend the majority of your time visciousally wrestling with the controls to the car it to do what you want. You will break parts and you will crap your pants (probably more than once) - when all the wheels are sliding there are no wheels gripping and consequently very little you can do to control where you're going. IMO, AWD drifting is one step befond RWD drifting.

Suit yourself and how much you will do what other people tell you to do, but I think you should go GSX. Whatever you do, be safe!

-MR

Comment

Trying to help...

brandonl311

Yeah, I copied you MR! BWAHAHAHAHA!! I couldn't resist, it made so much sense!

Ok, seriously...

Brandon, if you want to get a GSX (which is the only model of eclipse I would consider playing with, but still, ugh) Get a GSX.

Is this your first car?
                  How long have you been driving? How long (if at all) have you been drifting?
                  Do you (or do your rents, if that's the case )have deep pockets for broken parts?

The road to driftland is littered many broken parts, hearts, and dreams. Drifting is not "the next Import performance trend!" It's about driving prowess and skill. And it always will be to those that do it, and do it well. If you're buying the GSX so you can be the first kid drifting a GSX in your hood Do it, and I hope you're involved in a non-injury accident and the car's a total loss.
                  That prolly sounds mean, sorry, but you're not in it for the right reasons. Hook up the GSX and drive it to the NOPI nats.

If you want to drift, because you want to DRIFT, consider a friendlier (more popular) platform. It'll save you money in the long run on overall cost, and part availability.

Hope this wasn't too harsh for you, welcome to the boards.

Comment

;[

wow shut the *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* up

go put neoons on it and then drift

*Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*in glow worm

Comment

I drift my TSI, still learning, like MR said, it's not easy. But got easier with more power.

Comment

you might need more power to lose traction but i dont know maybe after yo lose traction all hell goes lose.

Comment

forget an eclipse...if you want to drift sell it and buy a 240

Comment

Isn't it a front biased AWD? If it is, it's not much better than FF.

Comment

Re: Drifting an Eclipse GSX?

Originally posted by brandonl311
                              I was thinking about getting an Eclipse GSX. I wanted to know if anyone has drifted in these, and how was it?
                              rally it!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X