ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Formula D premiere: This Sunday April 10th 10PM EST / 7PM PST (an invitation...)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't get to see all of Formula D but it sounded like they had some good info. I thought it was going to be action from Long Beach though :-(
    When will I get to see the action at Long Beach?

In the little bit that I saw I didn't see any in car footage, was there more in the beginning? If not, need more in car in general.

The JGTC coverage on street fury was good. There was some good parts to it except for the retarded music and the even more retarded host. Then it had a bunch of retarded rice. A honda with a skyline conversion, what the hell is that crap? You can't have a bunch of show rice with JGTC in the same show and have be covered by the show rice host.

I really would like a high quality divx/xvid/similar rip of the show.

Comment

Intro to Drift #1: Formula D Kick-Off
      This episode also airs on:

4/11/2005 9am ET / 6am PT

4/11/2005 1pm ET / 10am PT

4/13/2005 6pm ET / 3pm PT

4/14/2005 11am ET / 8am PT

4/16/2005 4pm ET / 1pm PT

4/16/2005 10pm ET / 7pm PT

4/17/2005 2am ET / 11pm PT

4/17/2005 9am ET / 6am PT

Comment

Good show
        I like how alex said he wanted to beat everyone down
        hahahaah

Max

Comment

I really liked that they corrected the guys at G4 that its not called drift-racing that it is just plain drifting. That used to get on my nerves.

I hate jarod got hes the freaking host he's been to every event and he still cant sound like he knows what hes talking about.

" drifting is judged on 4 things 1) entry speed you know you have to come in at 100+ mph 2) angle the cars sidways through the corner and 3) exicution you know like how well they pull it off with like the smoke."

jarod whats the 4th thing???

And the fact that they said you NEED aftermarket parts to drift.

But other than that it was a great show. Loved all the footage.

Comment

i watched it, and liked it a lot. The only thing that confused me was he said that the viper didn't have the most horsepower. Can anyone tell me which car has the most ? Also don't bother wasting your time watching the show thats after it. It's a waste of time. Heres a little taste of it:

Host: List the mods on your car!
            "Tuner":12312312312312312321323 body parts 12312312313 audio parts 4 tv screens. Engine mods = exhaust and intake.

But the JGTC coverage was nice.

Comment

i watched it, and liked it a lot. The only thing that confused me was he said that the viper didn't have the most horsepower. Can anyone tell me which car has the most ? Also don't bother wasting your time watching the show thats after it. It's a waste of time. Heres a little taste of it:

"Tuner":12312312312312312321323 body parts 12312312313 audio parts 4 tv screens. Engine mods = exhaust and intake.

Actually i can't really say don't watch it. The JGTC coverage was great.

Comment

Originally posted by godzilla
                Also don't bother wasting your time watching the show thats after it. It's a waste of time. Heres a little taste of it:

Actually i can't really say don't watch it. The JGTC coverage was great.
                Agreed. Street fury sucked except for the segment on JGTC. Even that was marginal, thanks to the host. I bought a Street Fury DVD a while back and never bought another in that series. Formula D was good. As stated, a little to hyped by the host, but good info. Can't wait for Wall on the 16th.

Comment

Originally posted by RyanHampton
                  I have COX cable and I don't get it.I even have the extended digital cable..!! Someone host it unless G4 is planning on sending a vhs tape to everyone!

Thank you,
                  If you are a Formula D driver *AND* you were featured in the show in any way, I will personally send you a tape *IF* you ask me for one. Send me a PM here or shoot me an e-mail.

Ryan, Call COX. Chances are you do get it, or just need to get the right tier of service. G4 is on COX digital, you should be able to get it.

As for the viper comment, I'll have to go back and look, but I do not believe that statement is correct, so I will appologize in advance. I don't know in what context he said that, but I do believe that the viper is the highest HP car in 2004. If we screwed that one up I'm sorry. We certainly won't make that mistake again (thanks for the feedback).

I don't know if there is an equivalent for your world to ripping / hosting a TV show on the internet. The best I can come up with is digitally blurring out or replacing your sponsors with other sponsor messages. It's something I would never do because I know how had the drivers work to get and keep those sponsors. Just typing it sounds horrible. My point is that watching it on TV makes sure that we can make it better going forward this season and in the future. That way MY sponsors are happy. If you watch a rip on the internet my sponsors not only aren't happy, they will never be able to count your view and I will have a harder time proving to them that the show is worth sponsoring.

If you have exhausted every other possibility of seeing the show and still cant see it, then drop me a line before you rip it. G4 will be releasing APPROVED web segments this week. At the very least I'd like to make sure that what is out there is of the right quality and formatting.

Comment

I was very pleasantly surprised, i thought it was done very good overall. Entertaining and informative - please keep it up

I liked how when they talked about how low budget cars can compete they showed our el camino - it was so true - we busted up laughing

james - no longer as low a budget car we started out with

Comment

My little problem is that i live in Israel, half way accross the world. and unless you want to send me a VHS or DVD, the only way i can possibly watch it is internet based ripped, sorry...

PS: as for Street Fury... gosh i hate those guys. saw them at DD17... its funny how people like purposely ignored them, then one guy passes me and shakes his head saying "thats the dark side of drifting" lol.

Comment

Meh, I take it back, its not that interesting now that I got to see the whole thing. I guess its just supposed to be an intro, but there was too much talking and no in car footage. It wasn't horrible, just boring for somebody who is already into drifting. Don't think the show is marketed to the experienced so its ok.

They never focused on complete runs describing what the cars are doing, how they are behaving, which drivers are in the cars, why who won etc etc.

Hopefully there will be more goodies in the actual event coverage.

Comment

everything about the episode was interesting to watch except when that guy with the annoying voice and helmet hair benson was talking. i don't even know what he was saying because i was busy prying my eyes out and everybody was laughing at me!

Comment

i liked it, but let moto and ryan talk more.

Comment

Yeah. That Benson guy... He really ruined it all for me. I liked it until he showed up.

Comment

I rate FDTV as average. It seemed like they were trying to cram a bit too much into just 30 min, with more analysis than coverage. But it's at least as good as the stuff they've got on Speedvision and it was great to finally have some regular drifting coverage on TV.

Street Fury on the other hand, was terrible. Rap, rice, and babes. Can't stand the host. It's obviously designed to sell product to the "Fast and the Furious crowd". Imho, get rid of Street Fury and make FDTV an hour. P.S. a stock Skyline GTR is rated at 276hp, but it actually makes somewhere around 330-350hp, not 500.

Z28Evans: The El Camino never ceases to amaze me. Good luck this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X