No announcement yet.

(LIVE UPDATE) Formula D ATLANTA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not sure but i don't remember anyone flaming sam cause he drives a viper. i flamed him for gunning down the straight that was not part of the race. if anything people are flaming taka for driving an "outdated" ae86. removing the 86 from drift is like removing the mustang or the vette from the american car lineup....

Comment

I think 4 "one-more times" is overkill regardless.

Comment

my hats off to both Taka and Sam for rocking the house on those runs.

I think Taka did an excellent job, and I would have love to see that go on until there was a clear victor in that one, but at a point motorsports becomes motorsports.

If Taka could have kept going, he very well may have beaten Sam, but unfortunately his car couldnt keep going. From everything I saw, Sam's car could have gone on all night doing this. It may be in Taka's team interest to try and find a solution to the AE86's problem as to avoid an issue like this in the future. Who knows, there could be an event where there are 8 one more times...it would be better to be prepared for it than not.

I personally do not approve how the mopar guys dealt with this, I honestly feel that they were too overbearing on this matter. Sam and his Archer guys are great, but the Mopar guys were being too forceful with the event operators.

Comment

As far as all the posts against Samuel go I wish people would stop complaining just wait and watch the videos between Samuel and Rhys. That will show you the driving skills that Samuel has. If you don’t have a good enough car, maybe you should consider going to another series. It’s the professional judges that pick the winner, not the crowd. I was there and I could see Samuel being consistent during accelerating down the hill to get his entry speed the whole day because the judges are judging by entry speed in the first corner. Why is it his fault that the ae86 didn’t have the same entry speed? If they want the cars to be closer for the entry, maybe they should have a designated spot where the cars need to be together before the entry. That is not the case now so what’s the deal? I was in NJ also, and Rhys did the same thing in his GTOWhy didn’t anyone complain about that? As far as Samuel having too much horsepower, JR with Falcon has more horsepower that he does.

Comment

Originally posted by tony speed
            ...i flamed him for gunning down the straight that was not part of the race. ....
            This kinda goes back to my post on page5. But it was clear in the driver's meetings that judges were extremely particular about the entry speed and angle on that first turn. They wanted a high speed drift in turn 1...

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Fleming
              I personally do not approve how the mopar guys dealt with this, I honestly feel that they were too overbearing on this matter. Sam and his Archer guys are great, but the Mopar guys were being too forceful with the event operators.
              elucidate por favor.

Comment

can somebody link me to the sam vs taka run?

Comment

after watching the video i do think sam had the advantage. from the pits though it looked like taka.

there was one run too where sam was like inches off taka's *Censored**Censored**Censored* controllably on the straightaway, that was kinda pretty insane looking the control he had doing that

Comment

Originally posted by CRASH
                    can somebody link me to the sam vs taka run?
                    http://www.vosko.net/media/drift/enjuku/takavssam.wmv

and remember, judging did not start till the bottom of the hill (between the Panoz billboard and the turn)

Charles

Comment

Umm, folks, Sam had more angle, more smoke, more speed, and ran closer to the racing line, charging in on Taka every chance he got.

I don't care if he was half a lap ahead of Taka, he was stil OUTDRIFTING Taka. Sam is the winner of the Atlanta round. Now, onto Round Three at Reliant Park in Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Octagon
                        Umm, folks, Sam had more angle, more smoke, more speed, and ran closer to the racing line, charging in on Taka every chance he got.

I don't care if he was half a lap ahead of Taka, he was stil OUTDRIFTING Taka. Sam is the winner of the Atlanta round. Now, onto Round Three at Reliant Park in Texas.

have you ever drifted a 180-200 hp car? they don't make much smoke. they don't accelerate very fast. he did not win. taka forfeited. the judges thought it was even.
                        Last edited by tony speed; 05-11-2005, 03:52 AM.

Comment

I saw the video and it seems that Sam did better. Of course you can argue that he had a faster car and what not but his angle on the turn after the horseshoe on the bottom was amazing. Taka did hold his own, but in my opinion Samuel did do better than him in certain points. Im not saying that Taka didnt do good but unfortunatly Samuel did give a better show.
                          Well congrats to Sam and Taka! CRAZY SWEDE!

Comment

Originally posted by tony speed
                            have you ever drifted a 180-200 hp car? they don't make much smoke. they don't accelerate very fast. he did not win. taka forfeited. the judges thought it was even.
                            I own and drift a 1970 MGB GT and my daily driver is a 1989 Pontiac Firebird with the 2.8L V6. Next question.

Comment

guys, this is stupid. they were both putting out some near flawless runs but you cant argue the fact (sam burnign off or not) that taka gripped several corners. low power car or not he gripped them. advantage sam.

taka did have some hellacious runs though, and from the pits/grid it looked a lot different than the videos posted.

advantage was sam.

Comment

Can somebody post the results for 17-32?

Comment

Working...
                                X