Favorite Drifter and Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Drifter and Why?

Post your favorite US and non-us drifters in here, please dont make this turn into a flame-fest, just keep it polite!

Mine

U.S.
    Chris Forsberg- Reason-hes an East-Coast repper, and he can drive a RHD car very well, to bad for his technical difficulties this year

Japan

Gen Terasaki- the fact that he built and maintained his own car *black AE86* is really inspirational to me, as i aspire to become a good drifter *when i get a lisence and a car* Hopefully, he'll do well this year in the new FastRat S2000

Ken Nomura- everyone's favorite, i like him because he does amazing things with that big Skyline, spinning those rear Dunlop Direzza's at more that 100m/ph

ya terasaki is my fav too, i love that little levin, what a cutie. i wish it was like back in the day when terasaki and ueo would battle in there opposite 86s when they both only had a couple decals and ran bronze volks. that was sweet. yea, ueo and terasaki are my favorites.

Comment

In America: Forsberg or JR. Forsberg because he is the best "true american" drifter, AND he drives a KICK @$$ S15 (my fav. car!). I like JR's aggresive driving style though.....

In Japan: Ueo. He is simply the best drifter ever in my opinion. Anyone who has the skill to pit a ~200 horsepower car against 400-500 horsepower cars (with very talented drivers) and beat the sh!t out of them deserves everyones respect. He is THE skill b!tches, watch and learn.

Comment

(Living) Stateside: Hubinette. He's skilled, stylish and he's pro drifter. That makes almost anyone cool.

Japan: Tarzan or Nobuteru Taniguchi. Both of them because they're awesome. **Edit: And/or Ueo because he can toss that Eight-Six around like nobody's business.

B-Wurm

Comment

In the U.S....Me....why?....cause i rock ........

Comment

Well I just cant pick one, because I love all the guys who got the balls to drift. I personally like Rhys Millen because hes doing what everyone else doesnt think of doing. Hes drifting and doing diffrent race events, even taking the GTO to Pikes Peak. Another one would be Chris Forsberg. His personality and the way he can just take any car and just do well with is amazing. To go from Ferrari's to JDM goodness is no small feat. My last pick would have to be between Tarzan's wild and crazy personality or Keiichi Tsuchiya cool calmness.

Comment

My favorite driver of all time is Kumakubo. I love watching him tandem, so much power so much speed. Kazama is usually as impressive but Kumakubo just has something more.

Favorite US driver has to be my idol Alex Pfieffer, gotta respect the original underdog! I loved his 86, and love watching him rock that S2K.
              And who could forget JR, one of the coolest guys out there period. He is gonna murder some people this year with that Mustang.

Comment

I would have to say everyone on Team Falken, those guys bust there *Censored**Censored**Censored* every event to put on a great show........

Hubert<<<<<<<<, Mr consistent this year if you watch him drive!
                Calvin
                Drift Alliance (JR, Ryan, Chris, Tony)
                Hiro
                Taka
                Ben
                Conrad
                Chris K

they have made my job so much fun

as for the japanese drivers, I would have to say Koguchi,Seigo Y, and Hatakatyama........ they are the only ones I have seen with any regularity

as
                the year progresses I might change, but this is where Istand right now.

Comment

Fo sho, gotta love Hubert. Too bad he got robed in ATL.

Comment

Originally posted by kineticdb8r
                    I would have to say everyone on Team Falken, those guys bust there *Censored**Censored**Censored* every event to put on a great show........

Hubert<<<<<<<<, Mr consistent this year if you watch him drive!
                    Calvin
                    Drift Alliance (JR, Ryan, Chris, Tony)
                    Hiro
                    Taka
                    Ben
                    Conrad
                    Chris K

the year progresses I might change, but this is where Istand right now.
                    Originally posted by TIREKILLER
                    Fo sho, gotta love Hubert. Too bad he got robed in ATL.
                    So much love! Thanks you guys! See you all out in Houston FD in 3 weeks!

Favorite drifter in Japan I will have to say Drift King because of his fundamentals! He is a racer who could drift any car, RWD, FWD and 4WD with grace. His techniques are so smooth and simple, no extra unnecessary moves in the cockpit. He is also very analytical. His students Orido, Taniguchi, who are also my favorites, both adopted his style of driving and are now famous racers and drifters.
                    Last edited by Hubert Young; 05-17-2005, 12:29 PM.
                    Hubert Young
                    KORE 8 Films

Comment

I'll always have a soft spot for Rhys Millen and all the Drift Alliance guys. <3

Comment

US = Duh...and for duh reasons

Japan = Haruguchi cause he drives like he is on meth.

Comment

Originally posted by TIREKILLER
                          Favorite US driver has to be my idol Alex Pfieffer, gotta respect the original underdog! I loved his 86, and love watching him rock that S2K.
                          And who could forget JR, one of the coolest guys out there period. He is gonna murder some people this year with that Mustang.
                          I would definetly have to agree with you on Alex Pfieffer. I just got alot of respect for a guy That can Dominate the scene in an s2000, also because he makes his own Suspension parts...

Comment

Japan - It's a battle between Nomuken and Ueo...Nomuken because he's funny and he drifts the odd ball car. Being a huge skyline so when I see him drift I feel his pain O_o haha. Ueo because he's a really cool guy and also because he drove my car this past Saturday and gave my advice. And of course he's a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ing bad *Censored**Censored**Censored* drifter.

US - I'd have to say rhys millen due to the fact that he drifts a domestic. Also because he can get some crazy angle out of that thing. If not Rhys then Alex since he's also a great drifter and cause he's a Hawaii boy. After Alex...well me O_o

Comment

US- Alex Pfieffer. Before having to migrate to Socal, He was living up here in NorCal after moving from Hawai'i and destroying all of the mountain roads in his 86 with the guys from Battle Swing. He is one of the most laid back guys I've ever met and his driving skill is a natural talent unlike many professional drivers that I have encountered. He is also a skilled fabricator and will answer any suspension questions you have when you call him for parts. Oh, and speaking of parts, his "battle proven" pieces can be found on SCCA Solo2 Champion, Formula D, and D1 cars just to name a few.

Japan- Either Taniguchi or Ueo. NOB for his pure driving skill and perfect style every time he hits the track and Ueo because he is the tiny guy in the tiny, underpowered car out there kicking *Censored**Censored**Censored* and taking names.

Comment

Working...
                              X