Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Then what about us real drifters who are gonna be in the market for a new car in 6 months. Im sorry but finding an 86 is enough of a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* , but trying to find an 86 for under 5 grand is just ridiculous....

Fcuk fast and furious, because of them whenever i drove my gsx track car all i got was a bunch of rice wannabe crap from "american car guys" and a ton of civics with bodykits and wings revving on me. Now any self respecting teenager who doesnt race on the street is gonna get HAMMERED by cops and my insurance company. That and civilians. I was with my friend mike driving his MR2 and we already got bitched at saying how all we do is waste tires and destroy pavement... drifting destroys less pavement then grip racing, we waste less fuel then v8 nascar, and mike doesnt even race...

Comment

As much as you guys are killing the movie, your all gonna go see it, or else you wouldnt know how bad the other 2 were. When you guys talk about ricers, what about a riced out car with a beefy engine? Look at Tarzan's daily driver 86. Its got stock internals but the outside is really modded. OMG DOES THAT MAKE TARZAN A RICER!

Comment

Yes. Anyone who moons entire crowds is a ricer...

Comment

^hahhahhahhaha.

Comment

LOL. But now you see how my point is. Its kinda biased how people start saying one thing is ricer while the other isnt. I personally like power over show, but there are guys that do show and go. Look at D1 cars nowadays, they have neon, our favorite drifters got neon on their cars too. Does that make them ricers?

Comment

^^ Good point

Comment

Look at D1 cars nowadays, they have neon, our favorite drifters got neon on their cars too. Does that make them ricers?
                No, because they have something that all the posers don't: SKILL

The door doesn't swing both ways in this game. If you have awesome skill and you drop jaws doing what you do best, then no one's gonna care what your car looks like because you've already made a name for yourself.

On the other hand, if you put things on your car to look like you have skill, and you don't, you're only hurting your own image.

Comment

Originally posted by Pennyman
                  No, because they have something that all the posers don't: SKILL

The door doesn't swing both ways in this game. If you have awesome skill and you drop jaws doing what you do best, then no one's gonna care what your car looks like because you've already made a name for yourself.

On the other hand, if you put things on your car to look like you have skill, and you don't, you're only hurting your own image.
                  pennymans correct. theyve got the skills to put back up the bling.

Comment

I would like to be in the movie.

Comment

Straight from today's Daily Variety...

1) Justin Lin will be directing the Universal Pictures sequel.
                      2) Script was developed by Chris Morgan.
                      3) Film set in Tokyo.
                      4) Basic storyline - American is "drummed out of the US because of his passion for street racing. He moves to Tokyo and soon learns about "drift racing," where cars accelerate into turns and then spin out of them, leading to hairpin, hair-raising races around city blocks. The youth runs afould of the top drift racer."
                      5) Universal will cast a new actor to play the protagonist...gambling that the cars and the concept drive the franchise, not star power.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamSLIPdrifter
                        Then what about us real drifters who are gonna be in the market for a new car in 6 months. Im sorry but finding an 86 is enough of a re-tard, but trying to find an 86 for under 5 grand is just ridiculous....

Fcuk fast and furious, because of them whenever i drove my gsx track car all i got was a bunch of rice wannabe crap from "american car guys" and a ton of civics with bodykits and wings revving on me. Now any self respecting teenager who doesnt race on the street is gonna get HAMMERED by cops and my insurance company. That and civilians. I was with my friend mike driving his MR2 and we already got bitched at saying how all we do is waste tires and destroy pavement... drifting destroys less pavement then grip racing, we waste less fuel then v8 nascar, and mike doesnt even race...
                        You're a "real drifter" and you don't even have a car? What are you complaining about? If you can't take the heat that the american car guys give you how are you going to be able to handle spinning out left and right at your first drift day? You need to toughen up man, don't blame that on a movie, blame it on the ignorance and stupidity of the guys in the mustangs who will call you a "ricer." My advice is do what you need to do to have fun out there, regardless of what other people think. No Respectable teenager is going to get pounded by cops because cops can realize the difference between a random turd with an sr20 and a kid who isn't a total idiot, it's all in how you present yourself to them and what you know. It sounds like you're the kind who would give them attitude and blame it on F&F. Why did you and your friend get btiched at?

P.S. Do you like this?

Cat? I'm a kitty cat. And I dance dance dance, and I dance dance dance.
                        Last edited by cfrost; 06-08-2005, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Found this as well.

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsAr...LM-FAST-DC.XML

Comment

anybody snap any pics at the event?

My buddy Joe got a few, but he has no place to host em

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd
                              anybody snap any pics at the event?

My buddy Joe got a few, but he has no place to host em
                              \

Photbucket?
                              IS

Heres an upload.
                              http://uploads.drift86.com/

Comment

Ok so if you have skill and you race or drift or just drive a riced out car, it doesnt mean your a ricer because you have skill...... hmmm.

Comment

Working...
                                X