D1 Street Legal Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dae
    al you swear just cause you get to drive a nice car you are the hot sh!t....please bring it to altamont next thursday and lets see what you got. you would get scraped by us youngins. thanks for the laugh at formula D too that was really great!!
    Why is it that you weren't driving at formula D?

*waits for excuse*

btw. Al does drive nice cars...right?!

At least he's is out there ALL the time, and I'm not talking about just formula d....track days: drift or grip. I know he's got skill, and I'm not sure it's the kinda skill you can really understand

For some reason I'm getting tired of random people talking all kinds of crap on the internet about how great they are...especially when there's no proof.

I'm not asking you to "prove" anything, because to be honest, i could care LESS if you're good, bad or whatever. I guess it's just kind of annoying to hear everyone talking so much smack instead of just trying to get better at it
    Last edited by cfrost; 08-08-2005, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Well said Frost.

Comment

Speaking of talking smack...

(since RB20s are considered by many as crap like how stateside drifters see KAs) -Oki Drifter.

I dont understand why anyone would consider them crap. I drifted just fine with a 98, 240sx, KA and now have moved on to an RB20, 32. I see nothing wrong with the engines... I have seen less powerful cars hold sustained drifts that put me to shame. Also I have watched other higher performance engines stall because a driver doesnt know how to handle the car.

I would love nothing better than seeing the drift scene open up to more near stock racers. On that I agree Oki. People have seemed to drift off (no pun intended) from the origin of the sport, that you do not need a powerful car to drift. It is a skill game, not HP. Everyone I talk to with a 240 talks about swaping the engine... It is pointless. for the extra money that would take you can build a non-turbo that is responsive and can easily sustain a great drift.

I have been spending money on my 32 with no intention of removing the RB20. It is a good engine. It has a crisp throttle response, it spools at 2500rpm, and it is good into the 6500rpm range as far as power is concerned.

If a new set of guidlines gives birth to a legal place to drift.. Do what you must to take advantage of it. I would happily re-install my Cat, and comply if they needed me to. It beats a ticket and another wrecked car.

I hope this all works out in whatever funny way happens to make everyone happy. More Drifting, MORE I SAY!! HA HA AH HA!

Comment

Originally posted by ChasDuran
          Speaking of talking smack...

(since RB20s are considered by many as crap like how stateside drifters see KAs) -Oki Drifter.

I dont understand why anyone would consider them crap. I drifted just fine with a 98, 240sx, KA and now have moved on to an RB20, 32. I see nothing wrong with the engines... I have seen less powerful cars hold sustained drifts that put me to shame. Also I have watched other higher performance engines stall because a driver doesnt know how to handle the car.

I would love nothing better than seeing the drift scene open up to more near stock racers. On that I agree Oki. People have seemed to drift off (no pun intended) from the origin of the sport, that you do not need a powerful car to drift. It is a skill game, not HP. Everyone I talk to with a 240 talks about swaping the engine... It is pointless. for the extra money that would take you can build a non-turbo that is responsive and can easily sustain a great drift.

I have been spending money on my 32 with no intention of removing the RB20. It is a good engine. It has a crisp throttle response, it spools at 2500rpm, and it is good into the 6500rpm range as far as power is concerned.

If a new set of guidlines gives birth to a legal place to drift.. Do what you must to take advantage of it. I would happily re-install my Cat, and comply if they needed me to. It beats a ticket and another wrecked car.

I hope this all works out in whatever funny way happens to make everyone happy. More Drifting, MORE I SAY!! HA HA AH HA!

under the current street legal D1 rules your car is illegal.
          Last edited by my 1 88 u; 08-26-2005, 04:43 PM.

Comment

My car is perfectly legal here.. And I travel to the states with it often. I have a valid Vin # and can drive daily on any street. Why is my car illegal

Comment

- no motorswaps from other model into other model, same make or not

I know it sucks, I'm still debating if I will go with Z brakes or not and will they dissallow my SR. Doubt it about the SR but you never know
              Last edited by my 1 88 u; 08-26-2005, 04:48 PM.

Comment

He meant he had a KA in his 240sx, and now he bought an R32, which had an RB20. Not that he put an RB20 into his 240sx or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by dreamdrivedrift
                  He meant he had a KA in his 240sx, and now he bought an R32, which had an RB20. Not that he put an RB20 into his 240sx or anything.
                  ohhhhhhhhhhhhh

Comment

i need specs darnit

Bump for specs and an event calendar

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u
                      under the current street legal D1 rules your car is illegal.
                      You sir are incorrect. There was an Sr 32 Skyline that competed in the first round at Sekia. The car actually wrecked. The video goes on sale here in two weeks.

Comment

Stay tuned, there is a D1 USA S.L. announcement coming soon.

Terry

Comment

Playing devils advocate:

How are the rules gonna play out for those of us that the state doesn't care what kinda motor is in the car and the there are no smog rules?

Technically that care is street legal.

In Japan, you can swap engines in and out as long as you pay Kaizo (a fee to indicate and also acquire legal authorization to swap a motor from one car to the next. (i.e. CA18DET----> sr20det)&(Automaticu mission to Manual 5 speed).

In that case I'm screwed if the rules are gonna be strictly that way. AUTO SOHC KA ------> 5speed RB20DET.
                          (** RB isn't crap...I've had zero problems with mine and drive as a daily and drift the crap out've it going 1 year and a half straight...Don't believe most folks cause they don't know)

What about height regulations...Most cars int he states wont clear and that goes for body kits and also suspension. As a general in japan they must be able to clear a 2x4 on it's side....what about the states?

Width modifications? in japan the Shaken/Title and all that stuff indicate the width of the car...(I.e. Kouki truenos/levins actually indicate the added width of the car because of the kouki plastic trim panels on the fender wells made the car wider) Is that the case here where tires can't stick out past the stock base of the car or the widest part of the stock fender? If so will they necessitate mud flaps...

In most cases I would go back and read alot of this but their are too many technical loop holes here and the concept is a CATCH22 nightmare waiting to happen.
                          Have I spoke to anybody about this. sure... I sat down and had dinner with Hiro Inada & Hideo-san back in June of 2005 and discussed this sorta thing.
                          This is a great concept but the rules that apply directly to Japan must be modified and reestablished to limit the states in the same manner and concept.

Kuroi Hitsuji (7"-=-)

Comment

Working...
                          X