No announcement yet.

(LIVE) FORMULA D Chicago Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

papadikis beat Chris and gave Ken a fight?!!! post some vids, I gotta see this

Comment

Papadakis shouldn't have beaten Chris, he shouldnt have qualified....

But he did put on some really good runs throughout the day. I have some video but need a host.

aim name is ubettarecognize5 or give me your e-mail and i'll email some of em.
      Last edited by kidynomite; 08-07-2005, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kidynomite

But he did put on some really good runs throughout the day. I have some video but need a host.

why do you say that?

email georgeg@everythingdrift.com and he may be able to host them.

I thought he was doing damn good! Gushis car is built to the stilts, and was a smoke machine. But I thought Papadakis had just as good of a line, and kept the gap much tighter when he was trailing and put more pressure on gushi.

I wanted to see that one "one more time"

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd
          why do you say that?

I thought he was doing damn good! Gushis car is built to the stilts, and was a smoke machine. But I thought Papadakis had just as good of a line, and kept the gap much tighter when he was trailing and put more pressure on gushi.

www.yousendit.com
          www.transferbigiles.com

you should be able to upload them and then post the link.

Comment

why do you say that?

I agree that he did good against gushi, but not against Chris Forsberg, Chris had more angle and speed, and a faster entry, Papadakis was keeping up only because he was almost straightening out.

Comment

I pm'd you my email.

Comment

Anybody has the rankings for the top 16 qualifiers?
                Hubert Young
                KORE 8 Films

Comment

only 1 local drifter in a miata, and he had problems (wrecked first run of the day, then understeered during qualifying)
                  To clarify, I believe you are speaking of the orange Miata and I'm not sure how "local" he is.

The real local in the black Miata had two solid runs during practice and crashed on his third. He was not able to participate for qualifications.

I'll have some pics up shortly...

Comment

Gush beat Rhys (INCREDIBLE RUN!! 2 passes, they touched, rhys lost his power steering, but still ran again)
                    those runs were by far some of the most insane action all year at a FD event. both cars inches apart on EVERY run

Comment

If ANYONE has footage of the black turbo miata with white TE37s on it please send them to me (aim: ubettarecognize5).

Comment

If ANYONE has footage of the black turbo miata with white TE37s on it please send them to me (aim: ubettarecognize5).

ill look thru and let you know if we find any, give us a while though. hows your car?

Comment

Oh its not my car, but it sure looks like mine now , but the car is umm still there, it can be fixed, and I am sure he will be back and better next year.

I am sure I also have some footage of you and Derrick, I'll try and get it on my computer and send it to you.

Comment

video would be sweet!

how is rob's car though? i was just hoping it wasnt too bad, it didnt look that bad but tearing up your car always sucks.

Comment

Chicago was one of the best FD event IMO...

my only complain was why the fock they keep changing the track lay out. 2 cars crash cause of the changed lay out. Don't changed track lay out on Unseeded drivers which they hardly have any focking seat time to practice.

Good thing Jim Lau step up to be the man to say LEAVE THE TRACK LAY OUT ALONE!

Thanks
                              Al

Comment

my thoughts are the drivers are getting good but not getting good at being low key about there attempts to *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* up the other drivers.

Rhys goes way to wide with gushi behind him gushi passes on the inside losses speed a little so what does rhys do straightens up and rear ends gushi off his line did he meen to do it. I didn't see any brake lights and heard him hit the gas while hitting gushi. Gushi gets knocked way off his line so what does the dumb *Censored**Censored**Censored* FD judges say advantage to Millen bull *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* and the crowd let them know it was bull *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*. either way Millen lost oh well.

JR brake checks the *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* out of some one forget who it was but JR lost a lot of speed and who ever it was caught up and JR brake checks him and the guys goes off his line to avoid hitting JR. Another *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored**Censored* move in my book

Sam well we all know how sam is knudges his way around to muscle people out of there line a slight tap happened with him and some one else was it on purpose i don't know it was very low key tap.

Other than that its just not fun to watch. I perfer D1 much more for the fact that the drivers respect each others lines and don't blantantly mess the other drives line up like the us drivers do. There isn't much of a show its not about skill or line in FD as long as they catch up in the end that advantage goes to that driver even if he has to correct which is a big mistake becuase a correction is usaly becuase of understeering something the judges also don't car about. Who ever was in the corolla i already for go YIM or somehting was good wide *Censored**Censored**Censored* line but fast and held his line but was just muscled out by the supras low end tq and had to dodge out of its way or hit the supra. Thats why it isn't as fun to watch the high tq cars can just slow down to like 5 mphs still spin the tires and be sideways but oh well. the drivers are good other than a few who muscle there way around. The judges and announcher idiot couldn't tell a drift line from a grip line becuase steph wasn't always side ways and was doing a lot of straight line catch up like sam last year. Oh well

Other than that good times were had by all and atleast one rolla made it in there.

Comment

Working...
                                X