ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F&F3 Casting Call - Sept 18th - Downey, CA (Socal) - 12 noon!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F&F3 Casting Call - Sept 18th - Downey, CA (Socal) - 12 noon!!

The DETAILS!!
    Location – Downey Studios
    12214 Lakewood Blvd.
    Downey, CA 90242

We will be staging cars at the Southside Parking lot near the Main
    Entrance.

Time - 12 Noon! Staff from Universal will be showing at promptly at noon. It is strongly advised that you be ready to rock and roll at noon, meaning show up at the location at 11am.

The not so interesting background

GREAT NEWS!!

EverythingDrift.com is working closely with the casting director of Fast and Furious 3 (which we all know will be about drifting). They are looking to film a very large drift scene in November in the week after SEMA, and have started the process to find "extra" cars. Remember the street racing and racewars scenes in the first movies? All of those cars were cast in a similar way. ALL CARS USED IN THESE SCENES WILL BE PAID A SMALL APPEARANCE FEE FOR THEIR APPEARANCE.

This weekend, there will be a large casting call in the Los Angeles area. Basically, a bunch of cars (including yours) will show up, have its picture taken, some information taken down, and the planning will begin for the scene in November.

If you are interested in this, at any level, SHOW UP WITH YOUR CAR!!

Cars they are interested in:
    240's
    350's
    AE86's
    Supras (mk3 and mkIV)
    RX7's
    RX8's
    IS300's
    Skylines
    G35's
    other RWD driftable cars??

In addition, they are also looking for:
    WRX's
    Lancer Evo's
    xB's

Top dollar will be paid for:
    - RHD cars
    - Those who are able to drift their cars as background footage
    - "vanning" vehicles (those crazy vans setup for kareoke with pikachu-type spoilers and large bumpers. we've all seen pics on the internet, yes those things are real!)

If you have any of these cars, or have friends with any of these cars, BRING IT ON SUNDAY!! If you have a car which is not able to make it sunday, you can do one (or both) of two options...
    1 - bring pictures and a description of your car to the event.
    2 - email georgeg@everythingdrift.com and CC fastandfurious3cars@hotmail.com with 2 pictures of your car, a description of the mods, your name, a contact phone number, and the reason you can't make it there but WILL make it to the shoot in November (IE: out of town, car is in the shop, etc).

We ask that if anyone should ask how you heard about this, we would prefer if you mentioned our name. EVERYTHINGDRIFT IS NOT ASKING FOR ANY SORT OF 'FEE' TO BE CAST IN THIS MOVIE!. We want real drift cars in the scene, and we are in it for the love of drifting. Other companies / agencies WILL ask for a fee out of your pocket in order to cast you. There is no preference given by Universal to one casting group over another. In theory, they would rather use real drift cars rather than "Show" or "display" cars, so mentioning EverythingDrift.com may benefit you. But if you do not want to, that is fine as well.

PLEASE feel free to pass this information on to others (Friends, myspace buddies / bulletins, other message boards, etc). The emphasis is being placed on RWD cars, but some select JDM-styled cars may be cast.

PLEASE also leave the haterade / beef / etc at home. This will be a professional environment, with the opportunity for many of these cars to be cast in a major motion picture. This will be a fun, relaxing car meet, we don't need any problems.

Have fun, pass the word on, and we hope to see you there!

PS - any questions can be posted either here, or emailed to georgeg@everythingdrift.com or fastandfurious3cars@hotmail.com

isnt this kind of short notice for those of us not in cali?

Comment

That is just the way it works. Production companies don't need to do a nationwide casting call, when plenty of "useable" cars can be found in SoCal.

Comment

Originally posted by su_maverick
        isnt this kind of short notice for those of us not in cali?
        If you aren't in california, but are able to make the actual filming in November, then you can email the above people with pics of your car, a description, and your information.

This casting call has been in the works for about a week. But people lag when it comes to making decisions...

Comment

Hey Im not trying to start sh!t here, but something doesn't seem right about this.

As far as I know Moviecarz.com was the only organization doing casting calls for this movie and that any one interested could sign up there for free to be considered for any background or "extra" car spots.

I spoke with Craig Lieberman today to see if he knew anything about it and he told me he has been getting phone calls about it all day so he contacted universal and they told him they know absolutely nothing about this casting call and had no intention on attending it what-so-ever.

To EverythingDrift.com I think who ever your contact is who says they are from universal is BSing you.

I could be wrong about this whole thing but everythingdrft is a cool site and respected so I'd hate to see you guys get dragged through the mud because some scam artist took advantage of you guys and tricked you into helping them throw a bogus casting call.

Comment

If it's at DOWNEY Studios.. it's legit.

Craig is not the ONLY person involved.

He MAY however be the company involved in modding cars for the film...

This film doesn't need that service so much... the Drift aspect of this film allows the production to get REAL drift prep cars like... well like all of yours along with some of the more publicized drift cars we see in competitions.

If you think it's bogus, don't go.

I suggest that you all head out there, big time and little time drifters.

There is $ involved and how often does one get to earn a little $ on their vehicle?

Comment

Originally posted by Double M Star
              If it's at DOWNEY Studios.. it's legit.

Craig is not the ONLY person involved.

He MAY however be the company involved in modding cars for the film...

This film doesn't need that service so much... the Drift aspect of this film allows the production to get REAL drift prep cars like... well like all of yours along with some of the more publicized drift cars we see in competitions.

If you think it's bogus, don't go.

I suggest that you all head out there, big time and little time drifters.

There is $ involved and how often does one get to earn a little $ on their vehicle?
              This is southern california dude, there are studios in lots of different places..that doesn't automatically make it legit.

As far as modding the cars, Craig didn't really have too much to do with that in the first two movies..he just consulted them on what parts and body kits and such were cool and put them in contact with the right companies.

Moviecarz.com is strictly a service to directors and producers to help them cast cars and for the owners to get exposure for their cars and earn a little cash while doing it.

Im only suspicious of this because like I said in my earlier post people have tried throwing bogus casting calls before, and for the first two films Craig was pretty much the only person outside universal that was casting cars for the first two films.

Im just trying to look out for everythingdrift and for people who are going out to this thing and could potentially be wasting their time
              Last edited by MonkeySlide; 09-16-2005, 02:30 PM.

Comment

money!

ill be there!

Comment

It's at Downey Studios.

That's enough for me.

I work in the "industry" and know that if it were Bogus... it won't be at Downey Studios, it'd be at the Schlomoe Studios.

If you feel it to be bogus, don't go.
                  No reason for you to differ others from going based on your factless hunch.

Just avoid going.

Comment

Originally posted by Double M Star
                    It's at Downey Studios.

That's enough for me.

I work in the "industry" and know that if it were Bogus... it won't be at Downey Studios, it'd be at the Schlomoe Studios.

If you feel it to be bogus, don't go.
                    No reason for you to differ others from going based on your factless hunch.

Just avoid going.
                    Factless? Craig is working DIRECTLY with Universal..and they specifically told him that they have NOTHING to do with this casting call.

I think thats enough fact to at least be curious as to whats going on here

Comment

We'll be there with our Drift S13... we're DRIVING it there. LOL. It's around the corner from us.

Comment

oh god not another one! Thats all we need is to get a bunch of morons watching this movie, leaving the theatre trying to drift there 4 door civic! Ahhhh im going to shoot myself right now.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeySlide
                          Hey Im not trying to start sh!t here, but something doesn't seem right about this.

As far as I know Moviecarz.com was the only organization doing casting calls for this movie and that any one interested could sign up there for free to be considered for any background or "extra" car spots.

I spoke with Craig Lieberman today to see if he knew anything about it and he told me he has been getting phone calls about it all day so he contacted universal and they told him they know absolutely nothing about this casting call and had no intention on attending it what-so-ever.

To EverythingDrift.com I think who ever your contact is who says they are from universal is BSing you.

I could be wrong about this whole thing but everythingdrft is a cool site and respected so I'd hate to see you guys get dragged through the mud because some scam artist took advantage of you guys and tricked you into helping them throw a bogus casting call.
                          We all have our "information".

Ask Craig why he's not in the credits for Fast and Furious 2.

my inside information suggests that craig isn't allowed on the set of F&F 3. So it's great that he can cast the cars, but when he's not allowed on set... ?

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd
                            We all have our "information".

Ask Craig why he's not in the credits for Fast and Furious 2.

my inside information suggests that craig isn't allowed on the set of F&F 3. So it's great that he can cast the cars, but when he's not allowed on set... ?
                            If hes not in the credits that could simply mean he was brought on as an independant contractor and not as an employee of the production team that made the movie.

If they didn't want anything to do with him they wouldn't have put his "tricking out a hot car" segment on the 2Fast 2Furious DVD or used him to cast cars for the mini-prequel to 2Fast 2Furious

As far as him not being allowed on the set as your source "suggests" I highly doubt that. Craig isn't stupid..or crazy for that matter..he wouldn't have all of this information on his site if he had nothing to do with casting for this film.

Look ..the bottom line is that..I HOPE..this isn't bogus because like I said..if it is I dont want it to reflect on you guys (you guys being everythingdrift.com) because if stuff goes wrong EVERYONE talks ish and no one cares about the details.

People already think they know Craig because they heard this and that from so-and-so who is this guy's good homie whos second cousin's uncle's sister's boyfriend went with a guy whos car was a background car for one of the movies.

I wouldn't wanna see somethin like that happen to you guys.

Anyone who thinks Im trying to c**kblock ..I assure you Im not trying to keep people from getting into the movie..I WANT as many people from drifting.com and drift cars in general to make it into the movie as possible.

I just dont want anyone to get lead around by some dude trying to build himself up by taking advantage of everythingdrift, drifting.com, or any of hte people trying to get their car in the movie

Comment

Originally posted by turbo23
                              oh god not another one! Thats all we need is to get a bunch of morons watching this movie, leaving the theatre trying to drift there 4 door civic! Ahhhh im going to shoot myself right now.
                              no, they would be leaving the theatre trying to drift their new 240sx's. im not minding the story line, i just want to watch professionally edited drifting.

Comment

Working...
                              X