ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F&F3 Casting Call - Sept 18th - Downey, CA (Socal) - 12 noon!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

see you all there

Comment

THANK YOU!! Thanks to each of the 400+ cars who came out, it was a HUGE success!!

We will be getting in contact with everyone shortly...

Comment

hey man this is Riley if you can please contact me i need to talk to you about this if possible thanks man AIM-rps13drifter05 or e mail rps13drifter05@yahoo.com

Comment

Shoot me an email rps.. georgeg@everythingdrift.com
          Last edited by EverythingDrift; 09-19-2005, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Here's some news from the Rumor Mill:

Many people in the industry has told me that the casting call was BOGUS. They said that it was not a Universal pictures official casting call. I was told that many "companies" are bidding to become the official casting company for vehicles. Now, these people that are telling me this are from the Performance Industry... not just some kid from Ohio that heard it from a friend.

EverythingDrift, can you elaborate on this rumor that is spreading quite fast? I would hate to find out that I wasted (among many other people) time on a day off to bring a car to an event that was bogus and that was NOT officially Universal's Casting call.

Thank you.

BTW, I'm not flaming you, I just want to set the record straight.

Comment

universal hired a company to host the casting call, and wrangle up cars for the event. Not sure how the process of selection went. This is what i've heard from my contacts at Universal.

Comment

the producer from Fast and Furious was actually there around 12:30 and walked around for about 45 minutes.

Nobody is guaranteed anything at this point in time. There is more than one casting call going on, and it is highly likely that more than one company will supply extras cars for the movie. Different scenes will require different styles of cars, and Universal MAY use more than one company for each scene, or even the same scene.

HOWEVER...

Universal was very impressed with both the turnout and professionalism of everything on Sunday.

Craig Lieberman of MovieCarz.com is giving people the impression that everything is going through him. I know for a fact that at least one other company was approached about supplying some extras cars for background scenes. Does that mean that this one was bogus? nope.
                Last edited by EverythingDrift; 09-20-2005, 11:56 AM.

Comment

true...actually not john singleton (he directed the 2nd movie) but you mean Neil Moritz

Comment

Originally posted by EverythingDrift
                    john singleton, the producer from Fast and Furious, was actually there around 12:30 and walked around for about 45 minutes.

Nobody is guaranteed anything at this point in time. There is more than one casting call going on, and it is highly likely that more than one company will supply extras cars for the movie. Different scenes will require different styles of cars, and Universal MAY use more than one company for each scene, or even the same scene.

HOWEVER...

Universal was very impressed with both the turnout and professionalism of everything on Sunday.

Craig Lieberman of MovieCarz.com is giving people the impression that everything is going through him. I know for a fact that at least one other company was approached about supplying some extras cars for background scenes. Does that mean that this one was bogus? nope.
                    Thanks for clearing that up. It's tough when you start hearing this and that... Hopefully what you said is what is going on. thanks again.

Comment

hey george i tried send the photo but yahoo wouldnt accept if possible can you have jacbo or your self contact me on AIM and i can send them to you tht way?? thanks for all your help and patience

-Riley

Comment

Originally posted by yukio@jic-magic
                        Thanks for clearing that up. It's tough when you start hearing this and that... Hopefully what you said is what is going on. thanks again.
                        No problem, sorry for the confusion. Wish it wasnt so cut throat but as I was told, "Welcome to the movie biz". They will cut you at your knees to make them seem better then you even if it is not factual. I will be sending out an email to what and who I have for contact. But it was not a waste of time and hope with our growing site and buisness. People understand and know whats true and not true. And are able to determine for themselves on actual facts.

George

Comment

Originally posted by D1 DRIFTER
                          hey george i tried send the photo but yahoo wouldnt accept if possible can you have jacbo or your self contact me on AIM and i can send them to you tht way?? thanks for all your help and patience

-Riley
                          Reiley, didnt I talk to you last night?? Just wondering cause I thought I did, but had just came off a palne and was a bit jet lagged and off from being up to long.

Comment

As near as we can ascertain over here at MovieCarZ, there seems to be confusion...even within Universal.

One group (George's guys) seem to be working through an Extras Casting agency now, whereas we're dealing with the Transpo Department at Universal.

AutomotiveForums (our friend Igor) and I have been asked to team up to assist the project and that's what we're doing. MovieCarZ has been on it since mid August (there are posts on this going back to about then).

About the best anyone can do (you guys who are interested in being in it) is monitor these websites for the latest updates.

I think both groups are so inundated with trying to sort through who's doing what, neither one of us want to leave anyone out in the cold.

Comment

vanning vehicles? i've seen pictures of those that were in japan. I wonder if any showed up at the shoot...

Comment

Originally posted by s0nny80y
                                vanning vehicles? i've seen pictures of those that were in japan. I wonder if any showed up at the shoot...

George can answer that...I haven't pursued this from my end as I simply haven't come across any in the US...how 'bout you George?

Last I heard, Universal was going to build these from scratch.

They ARE looking at Scion xB's, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X