F&F AND YOU!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F&F AND YOU!!

Okay everyone knows part 3 is coming out. You can't stop it. I can't stop. Hell even our beloved drift king cant. But all of us together, maybe. Now, this movie is gonna piss off a much of us.And of course everyone is gonna get into drifting. We all know its true right? Now even thought we all say this and that there are still some of us that go out and buy the DVD. So whats wrong there? For example, I hear guys all the time,"That movie sucks, it's all like computer and sh_t.Yeah I watched it when it came out. I watched it like 4 times. And I got dvds of the first and second." I don't get it. If you don't like it don't go watching it. Simple! Now with third one coming out, and you know that the first two didn't make you happy and you know that this movie would change drifting as we know thus making you get mad at it. Are you still going to watch it? Remember, the reason why they made the second one was because the first movie made money. And can someone tell me why the are making the third one?And why they might a fourth,...a seventh...and so on? I only watched the first movie (on dvd) once and saw how much it sucked(no disrepect or anything), and when the second one came out, I didn't watched it. Simple. How hard is that. Now the third is coming out and how makes you think I am going to see that. However, I do respect the fact the film crew is trying "do" something for the drifting/import scene. It's just that I don't care, really. And why should the rest of us. We all know what drifting really is. We don't need no movie to "show" us what's what in drifting. I know there's people out there that's going to say "It's just a movie, who care's" and then we would say "Yeah, but look it how it has influence people to want to drift. To go out and try things from the movie. I hate that movie." Yet there's a Casting Call and what happens, all of a sudden the same people that said they hate the movie are willing to put there own cars in the movie. So in the end, they actually help all this happen. I just don't understand. Why help out the enemy? By going out and watching this movie, by putting you car in the movie it all in turns help the F&F influence grow and thats how we get those morons on the streets.. And thats how part 4,5,6,7....and so on are going to happen. So, now I ask my fellow drifters, are you still going to give them your money so that they can make another movie? So that they can cash in what we all love and do. I'm not. In the end you're either helping them or not. So where do you stand? 'Cause I know where I'm at.

*NOTE: If you really want to save Drifting as we all know, then Drift! Simple!

it's hollywood. When have they ever gotten anything right? being a hockey player, i know that in the mighty ducks, the second the goalie crossed the center line OR took his mask off, the whistle is blown and play is stopped. But no, in hollywood, a goalie can come to the blue line, rip his mask off, wind up for a slapshot, and win a game. Does that mean I should never support a disney movie? because they got it wrong? naw, I just laugh at it and move on with my daily life.

Yes, there will be tons of people jumping into drifting just like they jumped into the street racing scene after the 90's. Is this a bad thing? this brings a lot more possibility of non-endemics and endemics both increasing their revenue, and thus having more money to play with for sponsorships for people who are actually good. This benefits you.

Also, if you ARE cast for the movie, the possibility for sponsorships skyrockets. Imagine if someone knocked on your door as a company and said "my car will be in a movie, do you want your product in the movie?" Most if not all of the companies out there would love to make the claim that their stuff was in a movie. Publicity is everything. That's why magazine tech articles are so popular - because all a company has to do is give away some free product, and they get 4-6 pages of editorial. That's cheaper than buying advertisement! And considering how much it costs to buy into a movie as an advertiser, sponsoring a couple cars is SUPER cheap!

there's a positive and a negative to everything.

Comment

I would have to agree that it doesnt really matter when this movie gets made. If you are a good drifter/driver who cares it just makes you look that much better. I hang out with a lot of my friends and a lot of people I meet that think I am crazy for some of the things I do with my car, thats not going to change because a movie came out and a bunch of people want to start drifting its only going to make those things look that much cooler because a lot of people will realize its not as easy as it looks. Its not like what ff did to illegal street racing because anyone can get a honda civic nos it and run in an illegal drag race. Hell most of the people that started to go to the "illegals" when ff came out already raced stop light to stop light it just gave them a new venue to race in. My home town is pretty small and illegal drags was all there was to do on the weekends, we would cruise most of the night and then go hit up the drags, it was fun I was young and we were relativly safe (we didnt race with anyone we didnt know and there werent any wrecks) then ff came out and you could go 20 ft without getting pulled over, cops were out breaking up all the illegals so I moved on I stopped going out and started racing at the "legal" drags. Was this bad?? Some would say yes but I would have to dissagree it got a lot of the idiots off the road and onto a race track where they should be. I won a lot of bracket races after that and it was cool to go out and race in an organized venue. Now will this hurt drifting at all? No, because it is already illegal to do it on the street and unsafe. Everyone who is really passionate about the sport already does it on a race track so who cares it is just shinning some light on a new hobby/sport it probably wont be accurate but it will get people interested and in turn help with bigger companies getting interested which is a good thing. Sorry I was so long winded I just dont see a problem with the movie. And hell if I had an opportunity I would bust a mad drift in the movie could you imagine the coverage of you and your car that would provide, and if you want to make a carreer out of this thats exactly what you need to stand out from all the rest. btw I will see the movie when if comes out if not only to laugh at it, plus who knows it might have some good driving in it.

Comment

I look at the movie in very simple terms. First I'll see it because it will have drifting in it and I'm curious to see how good the drifts will be, and if they will use any stupid CG like in the second one. Secondly it will provide me a few hours of entertainment. And thirdly it might be another F&F movie that me and my friends can make fun of for years to come. If we are bored, sometimes me and my freinds will skip through the first movie just to pick out all the mistakes in each scene. And even though there will be a ton of wanna be drifters after the movie, at least maybe I won't be considered another stupid street racer and be put in the same class as some guy with a stock civic and altezza lights. Because right now where I live there is no difference. People just look at my 240 and think: yup, another streetracer with a loud car. And my town is already really retarded for messing around in. I don't have to drift to have the cops called on me, just doing a burnout will make people angry and people in my neighboorhood give me looks when I drive around regulary because they think I'm speeding or something cuz my car is loud.

Comment

i didnt watch the 2nd one till like a year after it came out for rent. I couldnt find a good movie to watch and just to be curious of how retarted it would be. I swear i bet the 3rd one is gonna have the white dude drifting, while like 5 nitrous purge valves go off around the car. Thats how stupid this will prob be. It would be nice if someone made a documentry/movie on the history of drifting. Something serious, but that has a light, and wild side like the sport of drifting nautrally has. Can you imagine the stupid lines there are gonna use about driving style (clutch kicking and such) Oh dear, I think ill be parking my car in the garage when this movie comes out, to afarid to drive for the fear of being slide into!

Comment

where i live there are about 6 drifters. around where i live there are the tuners, and the ricers. most people i see know what they are doing so this movie isnt gonna have too much effect on where i live except the little 13 year olds that are gonna start gettin s13's and fc's and such and start trying to drift. i guarantee that there is gonna be at least one accident where a kid saw the movie, tried to drift at an intersection and hit a curb. the thing im gonna hate is people coming up to me and being like 'did you see f&f 3?' and are gonna talk to me like they are experts on drifting.

Comment

all the ricer people your scared of drifting already know about it. get over it.

Comment

Does this movie even matter anymore? Get over it, its a movie. It brings money and jobs to millions of people that needs jobs. The way I see it, its boosting the American economy. Sure the movie is a farce but w/e. Im gonna go see it and so are you and so is everyone else. You cant judge something until you have seen it so all that crap I said months ago I retract !

Comment

1. I will see this movie because it doesnt have much of anything to do with the first two (even as far as the people invlolved).

2. "Ricers" and "racers" or whatever are car enthusiasts. Car enthusiasts look for mods/parts and other info for their cars. Im sure that somewhere in their research they will come across drifting. Drifting isnt exactly new. Its BEEN all over the media. A movie wont do too much.

3. The only bad thing is that im 15 and have been into drifting for a couple years, and if I ever talk about it with my firends, people overhearing our convorsation at school are gunna be all "oooOoOoOO drifting! I know all about that cuz i saw the 3F3F movie!!!!" and its gunna suck.

Comment

ditto driftersil80, ditto. im 15 too and ive also been into drifting for years now. now i'll just be put into a group of young kids that like drifting from fnf3 and are dumb idiots that will try to drift on the street and run into a curb. also, when time comes for me to buy a car, the prices of "drift cars" will skyrocket due to the movie. just wonderful.

Comment

I like to think that if this movie involves drifting, that it might actually be good for the sport. Why, because it will bring new people to our sport, and new people bring money. Venders and shops will make money, more people will show up at local drifting events. Its like one big advertisement for the entire industry.
                      as for the movie, its entertaining, and when I watch an action movie I expect to see impossible action sequences and crazy stuff that you will never see in real life. if I wanted to watch something real I'd watch a dcumentary

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood
                        I like to think that if this movie involves drifting, that it might actually be good for the sport. Why, because it will bring new people to our sport, and new people bring money. Venders and shops will make money, more people will show up at local drifting events. Its like one big advertisement for the entire industry.
                        as for the movie, its entertaining, and when I watch an action movie I expect to see impossible action sequences and crazy stuff that you will never see in real life. if I wanted to watch something real I'd watch a dcumentary

Comment

I want to see how many domestics they destroy, flip, or run over with 18 wheelers.

Comment

Originally posted by NismoSigma
                            Does this movie even matter anymore? Get over it, its a movie. It brings money and jobs to millions of people that needs jobs. The way I see it, its boosting the American economy. Sure the movie is a farce but w/e. Im gonna go see it and so are you and so is everyone else. You cant judge something until you have seen it so all that crap I said months ago I retract !
                            well spoken. seriously, i dont know why people today keep referring to drifting as the newest buzz. What, has it been five or so years since D1, and a few years back with FD? Not to mention the initial d stuff that came years before, from the arcade games, to the vids and manga. Drifting is not so exclusive anymore. Its inevitable that people are going to find out. There are those who'll say wtf, and those that'll turn it into their religion. I'd say many people who are bashing the movie got hooked to drifting in a fashion similiar to the ppl who got hooked on nos street racin from F&F.

Just let it rest, we'll learn to adapt. If kids start crashin off canyons, then boo-hoo, not our fault. You want to blame hollywood? Go right ahead, tell everyone "A movie killed my son." I'd say its his own ignorance. Sure, that McDonalds food is unhealthy, but that woman chose to go2 McDonalds 24/7/365. Ok enough of my ranting.

Comment

Have no fear, I just saw clips from the Drift Alliance movie comming out next year. Remember the movie is on a major label with major distribution.
                              It will also be available for mobile download.
                              So the mass market will see it.
                              The kids will know what US core drifitng is really about...lmao..

Comment

Working...
                              X