Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

uhg "drift racing"

Comment

way to ruin a movie you tools!!!!... I hope this movie bombs so they wont ruin motorsports any futher. This could have been somewhat cool but Bow Wow? are you f-ing kidding me?

Comment

Originally posted by su_maverick
        way to ruin a movie you tools!!!!... I hope this movie bombs so they wont ruin motorsports any futher. This could have been somewhat cool but Bow Wow? are you f-ing kidding me?
        haha, agreed. even when i my "ricer" friends, they said the same thing....which is saying something.....

Comment

Get ready to see a bunch of stupid teenage teens trying to drift in the streets after this movie comes out, wasn't it right after the 1st one that everybody who wasn't into cars started adding mufflers to sound cool! "i want to be like the guys in fast and the furious" i was like shut up they shift in the movie like fifty times and they are still going the same speed it's funny. i hope these guys aren't spinning out right after a sharp turn then that just means they suck maybe BOW WOW will be wearing Jordan's and make him drive faster LMAO!!!!
          Last edited by silver_beast; 09-29-2005, 07:15 AM.

Comment

My main problem with this is that I have seen the kid act and he is absolutely horrible. I was thinking "ya know, maybe by going with some no-name actors they can actually pull off a good movie" but now that I hear this I know its going to be the same crap its always been. They are going to overblow it like last time and now you will be seeing people killing themselves and other people trying to "drift race".

The only plus I can see out of this is more spectators at local drift events. That atleast will help grow grassroots drifting and allow them to get better locations and have more events/practices. Other than that, get ready for the s-storm folks.

Comment

It doesn't say what role Bow Wow will be playing. So he may not play the lead role.

Comment

Originally posted by DomLee
                It doesn't say what role Bow Wow will be playing. So he may not play the lead role.
                well unless this makes only 50mil they will run this like James Bond movies. 1st F&F $207million 2f2f $236million using B-grade talent=payed at most 5million too star is a film studio wet dream i bet they dont spend more than $15million too make it. read below for more info

Lucas Black drifting into 3rd 'Furious' race By Borys Kit
                LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Lucas Black ("Friday Night Lights") leads the cast for "The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift," the third installment of the street racer franchise.

Also cast in the Universal Pictures project is rapper Bow Wow, star of the rollerskating picture "Roll Bounce," which opened at No. 4 at the box office last weekend.

"Tokyo Drift" is set in the underground world of Japanese drift racing, where rear-wheel cars speed into turns and "drift" sideways for as long as possible. The story revolves around outsider (Black) who, to avoid jailtime, is sent out of the country to live with his military father in a cramped apartment in a low-rent section of Tokyo. When he loses a race to a driver with ties to the yakuza, he has to pay off his debt by going deep into the Tokyo underworld.

Bow Wow will play Black's friend, Twinkie; Brian Tee will play Black's nemesis, D.K., aka the Drift King; and Nikki Griffin has been cast as Tee's girlfriend.

"Tokyo Drift" is set to begin principal photography next month in Tokyo and Los Angeles, with Justin Lin ("Better Luck Tomorrow") at the helm.

Black will be seen opposite Jake Gyllenhaal and Peter Sarsgaard in the Gulf War drama "Jarhead," directed by Sam Mendes.

The "Furious" franchise has proven to be a moneymaking venture for the studio. The first "Furious," directed by Rob Cohen and starring Paul Walker and Vin Diesel, grossed more than $207 million worldwide upon its 2001 release. Two years later, the John Singleton-directed sequel "2 Fast 2 Furious," starring Walker and Tyrese Gibson, passed $236 million.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Comment

Originally posted by su_maverick
                  The only plus I can see out of this is more spectators at local drift events. That atleast will help grow grassroots drifting and allow them to get better locations and have more events/practices. Other than that, get ready for the s-storm folks.

That or a bunch of idiots will get themselves killed and all drifting event will be labled as being suicidal hot spots. Even when done on the track. God I love the news media.

Comment

Originally posted by Silentghost
                    That or a bunch of idiots will get themselves killed and all drifting event will be labled as being suicidal hot spots. Even when done on the track. God I love the news media.
                    I dont know what events you have been to but any governed event will have safeguards in place to keep the "idiots" from killing themselves. Lets face it folks, the movie might suck balls but if more people come out to see the local guys then we can continue to have events and keep drifting. If you have a group like NASA or SCCA or MARRS running the event then there are guidelines that have to be followed before someone is allowed on the track. As drifting gets more and more popular it allows for better regulations regarding safety apparel, car condition, and equipment. You can either sit there and whine and moan or work to keep the kids from killing themselves and promote your local drifters. YOUR CHOICE.

Comment

Sorry I wasnt clear enough, I meant that some irresponsible idiots are going to try this on the street, and it will be labled and twisted by the media into something of that sorts, even when it is performed in the controled conditions of an event. Hope that clears up what I was trying to say.

Comment

yeah, it does. The only problem is that it cant be controlled. Even if drifting gains popularity without the help of this movie there are still going to be tools on the street thinking they are Drifter X. It always happens that way. How many of us watched wrestling as a kid and then tried out an atomic drop on our little brother? The best way to keep them from killing someone is to have practices and events readily available so they can do it in a safe environment. As a group, drifters should work to create events and clinics around the release of the movie to keep kids and innocent bystanders safe.

Comment

Well it will bring more people into the sport ad into local events, that much will be a benefit. They may not all be the "right" kind of people though. But think of it this way, it's like shooting into a crowd with a shotgun, sooner or later one piece of buckshot is going to hit someone. That's how the influx of people into the sport will be after the movie, sooner or later one of the ones hit will be cool.

I think they should have gotten William Hung to play the part, hell, he can at least act better than Little Butt wow.

Comment

yeah they should have william hung that would be awesome

Comment

id go to the premier if william hung was in it.

Comment

I would pay to see William Hung battle Little Bow Wow in any sport of their choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X