ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FF3 - Casting Process - the latest information!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FF3 - Casting Process - the latest information!!

EverythingDrift.com now has a page dedicated to the latest information in the FF3 casting process.

Stop by, check it out. We will be updating it as we get information.

there is also a FAQ list to answer many of the most common questions, including questions about other casting agencies, when filming will begin, when we will be contacting you, and how much you will be paid...

We have a few pictures of the casting call as well.

cuz everyone wants to be in a gangsta yakuza lil bow wow jdm tyte production!

Comment

Originally posted by yarzan
      cuz everyone wants to be in a gangsta yakuza lil bow wow jdm tyte production!
      Seen the pictures? Looks like quite a few people are interested.

B-Wurm

Comment

several people have been contacted about using their car before SEMA. please refer to this FAQ...

everything will be better for everyone involved if they actually go through EverythingDrift...

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd
          several people have been contacted about using their car before SEMA. please refer to this FAQ...

everything will be better for everyone involved if they actually go through EverythingDrift...
          Jacob: Be aware that about 80 cars are already booked through as at MovieCarZ. To prevent confusion, everyone needs to remember that EverythingDrift.com is working with the outside contractor (the "extras" casting people) while MovieCarZ is working directly with Universal's transportation department, which is EXACTLY the way we as we did in the last two films.

Those cars now cast (or being cast) through MovieCarZ WILL have their cars back before SEMA, according to the client. MovieCarZ clients will earn a great rate for their cars (same as on BOTH previous movies) and no, MovieCarZ does not get a DIME of your money. Claims to the contrary are fictional.

All interested parties would do well to rememeber that It WAS US that received the official credits (check your DVD's credits) on both films. Any claims to the contrary are pure fiction. No other agents/agencies were credited in either endeavor.

Jacob: Please try to keep it polite and professional. Many of your clients have come to us now to be cast, yet we've refrained from spinning this unprofessionally.

For further verification, we will post pictures of the 80-100 MovieCarZ clients rolling into Universal's Picture Cars facility later this week. The pics will be up on Friday posted over at www.moviecarz.com

ALL: Rest assured that this is just the first of at least 2 total opportunities to be cast in this project and that the SECOND ROUND of cars will be cast sometime in November.

We at MovieCarZ encourage you to explore EVERY option to get your car placed, whether through us or elsewhere, but we remind you that MovieCarZ is the ONLY casting agency to have received ACTUAL CREDITS for these major projects. Please do not be misled by outlandish claims made by companies with NO TRACK RECORD of placing cars.

As a reminder, here's just a partial list of our project placements:

Fast & Furious: We owned/built the Supra and Maxima and we cast nearly all of the other cars used, including ALL of the MAIN CARS; We received the ONLY on screen credit for cars placed, we served as Tech Advisor and our clients made hundreds of thousands of dollars.

2 Fast 2 Furious: Silver Skyline? Our car, built/owned by us. The 400 cars used as warehouse extras? All of them came from MovieCarZ casting calls done in Florida. We have the pics on our website in the "Galleries" section.

Ludacris "Act the Fool" Video: Another 75 Satisfied MovieCarZ hand-picked clients made their MTV debut;

Mitsubishi EVO 8 Commerical: Another 150 All picked from MovieCarZ;

Need For Speed UnderGround video game: Sounds came from MovieCarZ's customers' cars;

Fast & Furious Pre-movie Special Feature on Tricked Out DVD: Cast exclusively from MovieCarZ, about 80 cars.

Castrol Commercial: Cast by MovieCarZ;

Cheaper by The Dozen (a new show): Who did they come to? You guessed it.
          Fast & Furious Tricked Out DVD: Surely you've all seen our CEO on the big screen with the Playmate and the Diablo. The EVO 8 was built by MovieCarZ.
          "The Odds" TV Show: Once again, our clients got cast and more than 100 were placed.

Titus: 8 cars cast way back in 1999.

Providence (TV Show): More than two dozen cars cast...twice

The Division (TV Show): More than 40 cars cast

"HERBIE: Fully Loaded": This Disney production came to MovieCarZ to help them find the bulk of the vehicles needed. More than 100 MovieCarZ clients were cast, some with major starring roles and owners even got to be extras in the film.

Gillette Supra Commercial: That's right, Oscar from Sun Valley got the gig...another satisfied MovieCarZ client!!

Fast & Furious 3: Casting about 100 cars now

Heineken Beer Commercial: Cast from MovieCarZ's clients

T-Mobile Commercial(s): 10 of our clients were cast in this nationwide media blitz just last week.

WHO HAVE WE CAST SO FAR FOR FAST & FURIOUS 3?

Falken Drift cars
          Chris Milano Drift car
          Tarzan Yamada Viper
          Noel Rollon carbon fiber RX7
          2 widebody WRX's (Dennis and Ferdie)
          RSR Drift Cars(thanks Dave Green)
          GTPro Supra & widebody 3000GT drag car
          DoLuck R34, Supra, NSX
          5 AE86 Hatchbacks
          1 AE86 Coupe
          Widebody NSXs
          RBMotoring Skylines
          JIC Drift S15/S13s
          30 RHD cars, including 5 from Canada
          RHD S15s, S13s, Silvia K's, CRX, Integras, widebody 350Zs, G35's, 3000GTs, RX7s
          14 Skylines
          S2000 widebody, Supra Widebody (thanks to 20/20 & Dave Green)

Thank you ALL for your continued support.

Comment

if this one isn't filled with tons of corny *Censored**Censored**Censored* lines and stupid veiws of the drifting world i will be very dissapointied

oh and craig you ruined blackbird hope you happys with that peice of junk you call a car

Comment

Originally posted by tonesdef
              if this one isn't filled with tons of corny *Censored**Censored**Censored* lines and stupid veiws of the drifting world i will be very dissapointied

oh and craig you ruined blackbird hope you happys with that peice of junk you call a car
              I can appreciate your concerns...you need to remember that the Skyline was built to create a revenue stream (you ARE aware that my business is doing MOVIECARS, right?) and to create brand awareness for sponsors.

The car earned over $220,000 in revenues and provided exposure for more than a dozen sponsors. You may call it "selling out," but last time I checked, all businesses were in business to make a profit. Sorry if that concept offends you.

Comment

I'm confused, will any of this be filmed in japan?

Comment

How interesting...

Anyways, Craig has heard all the comments about what he did to Blackbird before. Nothing new. You may not agree w/ what he did...but last of which I knew...it was HIS car, not yours.

We don't need these types of comments on this forum, as there is plenty of it elsewhere.

You may not like what he did,...but he is laughing at your face w/ the amount of cash he made. If I had a GTR and someone offered me $220k, watch me burn it down in a blaze of glory.

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u
                    I'm confused, will any of this be filmed in japan?
                    From what I'm told (and from the casting calls/notices), some of it will be filmed here in Los Angeles, some of it filmed in Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by craiglieberman
                      Jacob: Please try to keep it polite and professional. Many of your clients have come to us now to be cast, yet we've refrained from spinning this unprofessionally.
                      They came to you? or you called them behind our backs and BEGGED them to come to you?

Those cars now cast (or being cast) through MovieCarZ WILL have their cars back before SEMA, according to the client. MovieCarZ clients will earn a great rate for their cars (same as on BOTH previous movies) and no, MovieCarZ does not get a DIME of your money. Claims to the contrary are fictional.
                      What happens if they get their cars back with damage? can you reasonably expect people to have it repaired in time before SEMA? Returning the car to clients on the 29th (which is friday), with roll-in for SEMA starting the same day and happening through Monday? That leaves no time for anything. And given your track record of damage to cars (see below), I know I wouldn't trust my personal car in your posession in the most vital days before SEMA!

MovieCarZ clients will earn a great rate for their cars (same as on BOTH previous movies)
                      That's funny, because in our discussions with Universal, we had discussed DOUBLE the rate of the two previous movies. The budget for this film is more than double what the budget was for the first movie, why wouldn't you ask for more money? The cars that they are asking for are much rarer than the cars used in both the first and second movie. You want to pay $150-$200 per day for RHD cars? do you think they grow on trees?

Back in 2000, when the first movie was filmed, putting cars into movies was relatively unheard of. The rate that they gave reflected that. In the past 5 years, you haven't fought for more money? despite all of your claims of success?

Be aware that about 80 cars are already booked through as at MovieCarZ. To prevent confusion, everyone needs to remember that EverythingDrift.com is working with the outside contractor (the "extras" casting people) while MovieCarZ is working directly with Universal's transportation department, which is EXACTLY the way we as we did in the last two films.
                      MovieCarz is just as much of an outside contractor as EverythingDrift is.

It goes MovieCarz -> Another Company -> Transportation department -> Casting director

or...

EverythingDrift -> Our contact -> casting director.

We at MovieCarZ encourage you to explore EVERY option to get your car placed, whether through us or elsewhere, but we remind you that MovieCarZ is the ONLY casting agency to have received ACTUAL CREDITS for these major projects. Please do not be misled by outlandish claims made by companies with NO TRACK RECORD of placing cars.
                      ... and it was revealed just last month that another person ACTUALLY DID provide cars for the first movie, but didn't recieve credit for it. That is why Universal came back and asked him to help out for this movie. Otherwise, it would just be you in this game.

"HERBIE: Fully Loaded": This Disney production came to MovieCarZ to help them find the bulk of the vehicles needed. More than 100 MovieCarZ clients were cast, some with major starring roles and owners even got to be extras in the film.
                      Is there still a lawsuit pending from this picture? you know, when there was damage done to one of the cars MovieCarz cast, but nobody wanted to pay for it? i believe the final bill was somewhere around $9,000. What happened with that, Craig? Maybe if you didn't take the cars into your posession for 2-3 weeks at a time, you would be able to take better care of everyone's cars?

AS MENTIONED ON THE EVERYTHINGDRIFT.COM SITE, if you have any questions about the track record of past car placement, please feel free to email us at staff@everythingdrift.com or fastandfurious3cars@hotmail.com and we will be glad to provide you a complete list...
                      Last edited by Slapshotnerd; 10-10-2005, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Umm....this thread got just ugly real fast.

Comment

We just got off the phone with the casting director. We are being allowed to call cars back begining tonite.

She asked us to encourage people to keep their cars in their posession as much as possible for the following few weeks. If the car is going to a shop, that is fine. But putting it into someone else's posession for days / weeks at a time will push the production back.

Please check the site for all of the information.

Comment

Originally posted by DomLee
                            From what I'm told (and from the casting calls/notices), some of it will be filmed here in Los Angeles, some of it filmed in Japan.
                            This is correct. Filming actually began a week ago here in the US. But this was for dialogue scenes...

Comment

yo george any luck with either of my rides this is Riley.. White RHD mr2 or the S14? sry to bother just wondering im thinking of sellin my Sw20 soon so just want to know whats up.. thanks for your time....

Riley

AIM- rps13drifter05

Comment

Working...
                              X