Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can't to see the final product. looks good so far. keep up the good work

Comment

The only reason formula d even has rules, and that they are constantly changing, is for one simple reason, Money. Thats the only reason formula d is doing anything is so you have to spend more money. They think of it as if you dont have the money to make your car comply, then you are not a good drifter that has sponsors to pay for it.

So basically they make it as expensive as possible, so only the pros can afford to do it.

Comment

dam, didn't think it that what. what bs

Comment

News: Bling.

Complete engine drop in story here.

http://www.shockdrifting.com/articles/view.php?id=66

Comment

looks aewsome. keep the updates coming.

Comment

How much weight does the LS1 add to the car over the stock rotary?

I hope I get a chance to see what this car can do...its gonna be weird hearing that kind of engine sound coming from an FD.

I think someone should drop a 3-rotor into a C5 now..

Comment

I HIGHLY doubt that formula D will go for the "same manuf" or even "same chassis" rule that D1 is imposing. BTW - the D1 rules are for a new class, basically a "street" version of FD. So Kumakubo / tanaka / Ryuji / everyone else will still be in the D1 pro level, but some of the up-and-comers will be competing in the D1 "street" level with no airjacks, no cf one-off pieces, etc... making both classes more exciting to watch

This year, FD had the ls1-powered El Camino, the 3rd-gen ls-1 powered GTO (GTO comes with 4th gen ls2), and the sr-powered rx7 would all not have been legal. In this coming year, there are talks of an sr-powered ae86, rotary-powered 240, and several other swapped cars which are in the works. Why would FD take this away from the drivers? ANSWER: they wont!

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeySlide
                  How much weight does the LS1 add to the car over the stock rotary?

I hope I get a chance to see what this car can do...its gonna be weird hearing that kind of engine sound coming from an FD.

I think someone should drop a 3-rotor into a C5 now..

The Ls1 is actually lighter then the 13b.

The tranny is only a few pounds more.

Comment

Ive seen another car here in the bay w/ the LS1 swap and i must say its impressive. Having a v8 wont mess w/ the handleing much it might actually help for drifting. Since more weight is in the front. I cant wait to see this thing in action nice work so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Motdyn-Ls1fd
                      The Ls1 is actually lighter then the 13b.

The tranny is only a few pounds more.
                      Really? I would have thought it was the other way around.

Comment

Thats what i initially thought as well.

Please keep in mind you are also removing the oil coolers, intercooler piping, turbos, manifolds, ducting, etc, and all the ac equipment as well.

Comment

perfect fit! i think we all wanna hear how it sounds

Comment

I want to hear it as well. Unfortunatly this is just a test fit so we can mount everything and fabricate the exhaust. Then we have to take the whole car apart, and send her to the body shop for paint.

Comment

Does anyone have any ideas for an exhaust. I was going to do a dual system coming out of the side skirts on each side, in front of the rear wheels. with no mufflers, just 2 resonators. lol.

Its either that or a y pipe from the headers to a single 3.5'' tube coming out of the stock location with no muffler just resonators.

Comment

Originally posted by Motdyn-Ls1fd
                                Does anyone have any ideas for an exhaust. I was going to do a dual system coming out of the side skirts on each side, in front of the rear wheels. with no mufflers, just 2 resonators. lol.

Its either that or a y pipe from the headers to a single 3.5'' tube coming out of the stock location with no muffler just resonators.
                                i feel sorry for the driver. especially if there's no sound deadoning....

that's going to be wicked loud.

Comment

Working...
                                X