Motdyn LS1 Powered FD3s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motdyn-Ls1fd
    Max you being in norcal should know about the welded diffs up here called weld locd. I make those diffs. I have welded over 100 diffs and none have come apart. Mostly everyone at nor cal events is running them.

Heres some more info.

http://www.shockdrifting.com/weldlocd.html
    Its all good, but if you want to drift on asphalt i would not use a welded diff
    it did not serve you very well at sears point did it?
    I was there all the days that FD was there (friday, sat, sun, IIRC)
    i am sure you might have been able to pull a clean drift or two if you were running a VLSD or a Clutch type LSD
    its cheap and thats about the only plus i can see for having a welded diff

Max

Comment

We've been running a mini-spool all season (same as welded diff). At about $90 it's much cheaper than other diffs and better than welding the stock diff.

A locked diff should be just fine for drifting.

james

Comment

Originally posted by illegalgarage
        Its all good, but if you want to drift on asphalt i would not use a welded diff
        it did not serve you very well at sears point did it?
        I was there all the days that FD was there (friday, sat, sun, IIRC)
        i am sure you might have been able to pull a clean drift or two if you were running a VLSD or a Clutch type LSD
        its cheap and thats about the only plus i can see for having a welded diff

Max

Max. At sears point i was running with my s14.5 It was handling fine, and the only thing that was wrong was i broke a rocker arm on the first run. The car was barely running, way down on power and i was suprised it stayed together.
        Last edited by Motdyn-Ls1fd; 10-11-2005, 03:49 PM. Reason: I confused fd with formula d

Comment

hey luke, why is it not legal in FD? Lookin saweet btw.. glad to see the flushness.

Comment

Hi mark.

lol. wassup man. Hey they might be making a rule that says the same manufacturer motor has to be in the same manf chassis.

ie. nissan motor in a nissan, toy motor in a toy, mazda motor in a mazda. I hope they dont make that rule, but i could understand if they did to keep the field more level, even though there is not any limitation in horse power anyways.

Comment

Hi guys. Updated the build page. More pics are up!

have a look.

http://www.shockdrifting.com/articles/view.php?id=49

Comment

Updated again showing roll cage pics.

http://www.shockdrifting.com/articles/view.php?id=66

Comment

Even more pics are up now showing the wheels, bodykit, flared fenders, and 1 point cage.

Let me know what you guys think.

Comment

wow. slizammed.

looks good, cant wait tosee it run, even if it is a crime against rotaries.

Comment

there's something sexy about red valve covers on red or white cars that gets to me. please tell me you're painting it red or white.

Comment

Theres somthing about having a rx7 with valve covers that gets to me.

Comment

I like it good job with the spot welding looks like you did it the right way instead of just running continueous seams of crap everywhere.

Comment

Thanks. I hate it when people run a bead around the whole seam, and warp the metal. That also adds hella weight.

Comment

Originally posted by RotaDrift
                              1. who's the smokin' hot girl sittin in the guys lap in the one picture
                              2. Can I have her number
                              3. That is going to be a sexy beast of a car
                              Julie modeling the harness on the chassis build up page is best pic of the whole build up but that's just my view!

Noticed that the oil pump was taken off when the cam swap was done. Hope who ever put the oil pump back on that they used the .002" feeler gauge on each side of the pump when putting the casing back on to center it correctly on the crank shaft before tightening it down. Just something worth mentioning for I don't know if some people are aware of that procedure for reinstalling the oil pump on the LS1.
                              Last edited by Ted J; 10-21-2005, 04:04 AM.

Comment

It looks like the build is coming along nicely. I do have to admit that I don't care for the choice of motors, but it's not my car. The LS1 is one hell of an engine though and should provide you with the power you are wanting. You guys are doing one hell of a job on this car so far!! I'll be looking forward to meeting you at one of the NorCal drift events.

Zach

Comment

Working...
                                X