No announcement yet.

SPECIAL THANKS FROM MOVIECARZ from FF3 set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Craig, sorry we could not make it this morning. Both our cars have run into slight SNAFU's. We want to make sure that our cars are ready for SEMA and that's our main priorities. Can you PLEASE keep us in mind for the next round. We will be in for sure. Just this past weekend, caused our plans to be pushed back "a little". Hope you understand. call me if you want me to explain more. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by yukio@jic-magic
      Craig, sorry we could not make it this morning. Both our cars have run into slight SNAFU's. We want to make sure that our cars are ready for SEMA and that's our main priorities. Can you PLEASE keep us in mind for the next round. We will be in for sure. Just this past weekend, caused our plans to be pushed back "a little". Hope you understand. call me if you want me to explain more. Thanks.
      No worries...sorry we missed you for this round...at this point, we hope we have another opportunity to place these cars. It is a fluid and dynamic situation on set this morning....we will post info as we get it.

In the interim, we will look to our alternates list to place cars.

Comment

Do cars have a chance to be re-cast if they were picked for the first round already? Just curious cuz my car will have a new look by the time you're looking to cast again in January.

Comment

Originally posted by CleanS14
          Do cars have a chance to be re-cast if they were picked for the first round already? Just curious cuz my car will have a new look by the time you're looking to cast again in January.
          No definitive answer from Universal as of today....my guess is that yes, SOME cars would be asked to come back, but an infusion of fresh ones may be needed if the set is totally new.

Comment

How about a few team cars that are in various states?

Craig,
            I spoke to you briefly after you guys were patient enough to run my silvia conversion throught he second tech inspection. If you're anybit interested I have two firneds that have S13's One is in arizona but wanted to bring his car and didnt know about you're site and the other just didn't get word. either way you'd have Mysilvia Conversion, My buddy rogers and Matts Stock 240SX Battleship grey as well, but in One-via theme....

If your still looking for street cars they're here and willing to cooperate to assist.
            Either way if you wanna use a few more cars froma real local team both here in San Diego and also Japan, a coupla more cars are available...

Booney
            booneys86@hotmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by vrtblacksheep86
              Craig,
              I spoke to you briefly after you guys were patient enough to run my silvia conversion throught he second tech inspection. If you're anybit interested I have two firneds that have S13's One is in arizona but wanted to bring his car and didnt know about you're site and the other just didn't get word. either way you'd have Mysilvia Conversion, My buddy rogers and Matts Stock 240SX Battleship grey as well, but in One-via theme....

If your still looking for street cars they're here and willing to cooperate to assist.
              Either way if you wanna use a few more cars froma real local team both here in San Diego and also Japan, a coupla more cars are available...

Booney
              booneys86@hotmail.com
              Thanks...we're full for this shoot. They're not taking any more cars until at least November 1 when they change set locations.

If they're not already on my site, please have them register using one of the coupons we've made available.

As of today, we have something like 23 cars on stand by (including the JIC cars adn Pacific Rim cars)....which is basically a collection of those people who wanted to be cast, were in California, but did not make this round.

We had several more or WERE selected, but were "no shows." We're not holding spots for those anymore, of course, and we pulled from our stand bys list to fill those slots.

Comment

Thanks Craig,

I appreciate the professional answers. I'll talk it over with my family and crew.

** I wanna go on and on about having real street drifters and crews in there, but I know I really do...Movies are movies and casting a certain look is vital in making a movie. Solike I said, thanks and I'll get that word to my crew.

Regarding the cars in your pool already, are they still in the line up or will they necessitate being reregistered? I don't care how much my car is used as long as it's taken care of. I know you guys are taking care of it and I have the, "Battle Egg" for transpo so I'm not worried.

P.S. I heard this is going to Japan.....Can ya drop me and the Grey Goose off in Okinawa, Japan on yer way there?

Booney

Comment

Originally posted by vrtblacksheep86
                  Thanks Craig,

I appreciate the professional answers. I'll talk it over with my family and crew.

** I wanna go on and on about having real street drifters and crews in there, but I know I really do...Movies are movies and casting a certain look is vital in making a movie. Solike I said, thanks and I'll get that word to my crew.

Regarding the cars in your pool already, are they still in the line up or will they necessitate being reregistered? I don't care how much my car is used as long as it's taken care of. I know you guys are taking care of it and I have the, "Battle Egg" for transpo so I'm not worried.

P.S. I heard this is going to Japan.....Can ya drop me and the Grey Goose off in Okinawa, Japan on yer way there?

Booney
                  Hi there;

I can appreciate EVERYONE's zeal on this project...we all need to keep in mind that this movie (even the parts filmed in LA) is SUPPOSED to be set in Japan.

From that perspective, I can tell you that the people who cast the extras (people, girls, kids) did a GREAT job! There were 150 HOT Japanese girls on set in FULL costume yesterday...between the people, the cars and the set dressing set up, it looked like a Japanese parking garage....they're doing fine.

As for having "authentic" portrayals of drifting, who knows what the end result will be. Toshi Hayame is the tech advisor on this one, NOT me, so I'm sure he'll do his best.

All the cars in my pool, right down to the last car on the last page of my site, are ALWAYS in pool of 'cars considered' for each and every single project.

We must remember that 80% of the time, our client (i.e. Universal) makes the final choices. We can "suggest" till we're blue in the face, ultimately, they usually give the final yay or nay.

As usual, our only concerns on set are how the extras (who are paid $54 a day to hang out for 12 hours) treat the cars. Thus far, no major incidents and we've done vehicle IN-INSPECTIONS on every car, so if there are scuffs/dings/whatever, the studio will know what existed before...and what happened on set.

We'll continue to do our best to monitor cars on set and all day, every day, the A.D.s are REPEATEDLY announcing over the PA system to "not lean on cars, stay away from the cars" etc.

Comment

OK, so what's the deal with NO domestic drift cars? The Falken Mustang along with 5 other caged, stickered, 800+ horsepower monster Mustangs are available including a street clone of the Falken Mustang body kit, blower, intercooler and all. With the top 4 cars in the drift scene here, it would be nice to see at least a little representation of our beloved DOMINATING domestic-drift newcomers.

I know the movie is set in japan but just like you see imports here, we are over there too.

My two cents...............

Comment

Originally posted by X-M-P Guru
                      OK, so what's the deal with NO domestic drift cars? The Falken Mustang along with 5 other caged, stickered, 800+ horsepower monster Mustangs are available including a street clone of the Falken Mustang body kit, blower, intercooler and all. With the top 4 cars in the drift scene here, it would be nice to see at least a little representation of our beloved DOMINATING domestic-drift newcomers.

I know the movie is set in japan but just like you see imports here, we are over there too.

Eric;
                      It's the studio's call...it's not like we had any influence in that. Perhaps Toshi Hayame (this film's tech advisor) had a role in that, so I encourage people to email him on topics of interest regarding such choices.

IMHO: I can see them adding something like a Falken Mustang, agreed (to an extent) but both other movies featured domestic muscle extensively. This movie is about drifting, it's set in Japan and is focusing on the hardcore drift scene. To me, it's a refreshing change to see soemthing 100% Japanese.

FYI: They were presented Vipers, El Camino drift cars and the like, but in the end, none of it materialized.

I'd say, "be happy with the presence of the domestic muscle in the other movies," but this one is all about the DORIFTO (Japan-style).

Comment

don't worry... there is domestic muscle in this movie...

well, kinda...

one of the main character cars is an old school mustang (this was documented in the recent Modified magazine JDM editorial)

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd

well, kinda...

one of the main character cars is an old school mustang (this was documented in the recent Modified magazine JDM editorial)
                          That's right! I forgot about that thing! As the magazine noted, there's a 67 Mustang (green) being done up with an RB26DETT motor that will be a main character's car.

That ought to satisfy domestic car nuts.

Comment

SATISFY domestic car nuts????? You're putting a RB motor in a MUSTANG?!?!?! Holy hell! I am going to go out and buy myself a AE86 and slam a Ford V8 in it next. WTF?!?!?!?!

What would really work if they're using that car is to make it a real performing classic drfit car. set it up with the SLA front end by Total Control and gear the thing with an Eaton and 4.10 gears along with a 3 link axle and a Tremec TKO600 with an Exedy twin disc and drift the thing! now that to me would be satisfying....... and cage it along with some Recaro or Sparco seats...... a drift style resto-mod killing machine to one up the "Elanor"

Oh i forgot the part where you bolt all that up to a 600 horse FORD small block!

Just the RB swap alone is enough to make most domestic guys walk out of that movie and i enjoyed both the previous installments

Comment

SATISFY domestic car nuts????? You're putting a RB motor in a MUSTANG?!?!?! Holy hell! I am going to go out and buy myself a AE86 and slam a Ford V8 in it next. WTF?!?!?!?!

What would really work if they're using that car is to make it a real performing classic drfit car. set it up with the SLA front end by Total Control and gear the thing with an Eaton and 4.10 gears along with a 3 link axle and a Tremec TKO600 with an Exedy twin disc and drift the thing! now that to me would be satisfying....... and cage it along with some Recaro or Sparco seats...... a drift style resto-mod killing machine to one up the "Elanor"

Oh i forgot the part where you bolt all that up to a 600 horse FORD small block!

Just the RB swap alone is enough to make most domestic guys walk out of that movie and i enjoyed both the previous installments
                              Did you miss the part about this being a movie about drifting and the Japanese performance scene? You domestic guys had your movie this year: Dukes of Hazzard. Can't we have one thing to ourselves? You didn't see us screaming to finagle in a Skyline into that flick, right?

I for one, cherish the notion that this movie will feature $500,000 Japanese drift machines, widebody-everything and real cars from Japan. I bet most here agree,.

Of course....your interest in having a Mustang represented in the film has nothing to do with the fact that your shop sells Mustang parts, right? ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd

well, kinda...

don't believe everything you read in a magazine, especially since it was based off of speculation.

Comment

Working...
                                X