SPECIAL THANKS FROM MOVIECARZ from FF3 set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by X-M-P Guru
    SATISFY domestic car nuts????? You're putting a RB motor in a MUSTANG?!?!?! Holy hell! I am going to go out and buy myself a AE86 and slam a Ford V8 in it next. WTF?!?!?!?!
    LoL!! I like this guy! You should totally put a 5.0 in a hachi you'd piss a lot of people off, it would be sweet

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeySlide
      LoL!! I like this guy! You should totally put a 5.0 in a hachi you'd piss a lot of people off, it would be sweet
      What's funny is that for every email I get about "using more domestics," I get 5 more that say "stop destroying these rare cars in your movies!"

Comment

OK - here is the logic........ Duke's of Hazard...... how many right hand drive Silvias do you see in Kentucky or Mississippi??? Or any red neck backwards part of the states for that matter? So the logic here is realism.

Realism for the drift scene, you DO have domestics involved, HEAVILY. That's all I am saying. Give credit where it is due, our Domestsic muscle will kick *Censored**Censored**Censored* this year at D1 vs. FD. JR, Resse, and Sammy will have their way with some imports, trust me.

AND - This has nothing to do with Mustang parts sales, i fell in love with drifting after Falken sought me out to build a drift car and it has given me insight into other cars besides domestics. Beleive me when i say two years ago i would have laughed at anyone that would have told me about a carolla kicking a Viper's *Censored**Censored**Censored* but now i have respeect for a much broader spectrum of vehicles. I appriciate all the FD's, G35's, S-13's, 14's, 15's and Hachis and anything that can drift.

I will be the first one to say that an import movie should be about the imports but this isn't an import movie. Its about drifting. But hell i don't care if you have a FF 95 civic kill my pro-street Mustangs' a$$, that is part of the movie business. Roll it off a cliff, burn it, crash it, just have it in the movie >:-) I just want to see Domestic drift cars in the movie. It will attract a larger crowd and sell more tickets, after all, my shop is about selling Mustang parts, BUT movies is about selling millions of $10 tickets right?

Comment

actually there are alot here in kentucky as well as my car
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by X-M-P Guru
            OK - here is the logic........ Duke's of Hazard...... how many right hand drive Silvias do you see in Kentucky or Mississippi??? Or any red neck backwards part of the states for that matter? So the logic here is realism.

Realism for the drift scene, you DO have domestics involved, HEAVILY. That's all I am saying. Give credit where it is due, our Domestsic muscle will kick *Censored**Censored**Censored* this year at D1 vs. FD. JR, Resse, and Sammy will have their way with some imports, trust me.

AND - This has nothing to do with Mustang parts sales, i fell in love with drifting after Falken sought me out to build a drift car and it has given me insight into other cars besides domestics. Beleive me when i say two years ago i would have laughed at anyone that would have told me about a carolla kicking a Viper's *Censored**Censored**Censored* but now i have respeect for a much broader spectrum of vehicles. I appriciate all the FD's, G35's, S-13's, 14's, 15's and Hachis and anything that can drift.

I will be the first one to say that an import movie should be about the imports but this isn't an import movie. Its about drifting. But hell i don't care if you have a FF 95 civic kill my pro-street Mustangs' a$$, that is part of the movie business. Roll it off a cliff, burn it, crash it, just have it in the movie >:-) I just want to see Domestic drift cars in the movie. It will attract a larger crowd and sell more tickets, after all, my shop is about selling Mustang parts, BUT movies is about selling millions of $10 tickets right?
            Hes pissed... hurry while yer still angry..put the V8 in the hachi! do it do it!

Comment

i'd say 80% of the movie is supposed to take place in japan, the 20% is filmed in the US before the character learns about drifting, so a US domestic, drifting in Japan, would not be realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeySlide
                Hes pissed... hurry while yer still angry..put the V8 in the hachi! do it do it!
                There may be few Skylines and Silvias in Kentucky...but there's fewer Mustangs in Japan and certainly fewer domestics still that are drifting in Japan.

Argue it all you want. Go Japan, virtually no domestics drifting.I stick to my guns here...I'm happy Universal is not focusing on domestics this time. This movie is designed to appeal to the Initial D crowd.

As we said before, there is a domestic or two wedged in the movie and that's more than enough.

Not sure your lambo-doored, neon'd out Mustang would be something "we'd see on the streets of Japan," so from an authenticity standpoint, I can see why cars like it were passed over.

There's two other movies I'm working...both are better fits for domestics.

Check back later.

Comment

Here's what I'd like to see in the movie.
                  Cars
                  Plenty of old-school boso Skylines, Z's and stuff.
                  VIP's: Soarers, Chasers, Mk 2's, etc.
                  Crazy vans
                  Bikes (both boso and crotch rockets)
                  The Veilside R34 Street Drag
                  JUN Supra and drag Silvia
                  Ueo's AE86
                  Ueno's Soarer
                  Nomuken's R34 Sedan

Racing (short clips a few min long)
                  JGTC. If you note there's a Viper and Mosler in there, both domestics.
                  D1GP. If you had a cameo by the GTO, Mopar Viper, and the Falken Stang it would be nice. It's beliveable that they'd cross the pond for Int'l Comp.
                  Japanese Grand Prix
                  WRC Rally Japan
                  Mountain Drifting
                  Wangan

Scenery
                  Cities at night
                  Mountain roads
                  Kansai Int'l Airport
                  The stores (electronics, games, anime, etc.)

What I would not like to see:
                  1. Rappers and a hip-hop soundtrack (of course I know they'll have all of this to sell the movie)
                  2. Airbags, spinners, the usual ricey stuff.
                  and last, but certainly not least.......

NO RB'S AND JZ's in MUSTANGS!! If you wanna have domestics in a movie, cool. Just don't crash 'em or make 'em appear to be alot slower than the imports.

Comment

Oh GOD the last thing i would want in a drift movie would be MY stickered up SEMA whore. That car has its purpose and it is not in a racing movie. However on slicks and 110 octane with the stereo pulled it did do a 9.61 @ 141mph at Carlsbad. :-)

What i was saying is that putting a RB motor in a Mustang is WAY out of control!

Craig, I am glad you overlooked all the sticker queens that never see k-rails or pylons. Just please talk them out of the RB swap in the Mustang. Hell i will install a V8 for free if you can sell it to them! Oh, and keep me in mind if you need any real domestic power, stickered or non-stickered in the future.

See you all in Irwindale in December.............

Comment

Originally posted by swifty949
                      don't believe everything you read in a magazine, especially since it was based off of speculation.
                      i actually bumped into one of the guys who helped build the car a few nights before that modified hit the stands. He said that they had just gotten the car running a day earlier. Asked me if I wanted to come check it out at the shop, but I had too many other things going on...

it was already a done deal months ago, when universal comitted a substantial budget specifically to not just building the car, but making it run and making several 'stunt' replicas...
                      Last edited by Slapshotnerd; 10-20-2005, 01:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd
                        i actually bumped into one of the guys who helped build the car a few nights before that modified hit the stands. He said that they had just gotten the car running a day earlier. Asked me if I wanted to come check it out at the shop, but I had too many other things going on...

it was already a done deal months ago, when universal comitted a substantial budget specifically to not just building the car, but making it run and making several 'stunt' replicas...
                        I think that car still had some issues, Jacob. I know Sean from RB spent quite a bit of time as recently as two weeks ago working on it and that it went back to the shop for additional work. From what I saw, it was "down" for awhile while they did the paint and body work.

I agree with Eric...putting an RB26 in a Mustang is a bit outlandish and it may have been just as cool to use a stroked/poked/blown 347, but that's Hollywood, right?

Comment

I don't see the harm in doing that swap... I mean, there are a lot of import guys taking technology from muscle car guys and applying it to their cars and vice versa. I've seen mustangs, cameros, etc with Blitz Gauges, Volk Racing Wheels, HKS filters, and Veilside GT wings (AH hem... RHYS???).

It's a mix of cultures and it's healthy. AND not only will it upset the muscle car guys, but import guru's will probably think the same too. It's change... and it MAY be good.

Comment

Originally posted by craiglieberman
                            I think that car still had some issues, Jacob. I know Sean from RB spent quite a bit of time as recently as two weeks ago working on it and that it went back to the shop for additional work. From what I saw, it was "down" for awhile while they did the paint and body work.
                            i was told it was running, not running WELL

Comment

ohh man... I want to see JR,Rhys,and Sammy go up agianst some japanese street drifters...(in my own opinion) I think Rhys Millen is a cheater. Why and how do you say? well i'll tell you...The last Formula D.I beleive it was the last run him and Chris did.Now think back when Rhys was about to spin out ...He took back control of the car? He is probly useing some hi-tech anti-spin conrtrol unit with the braking system or something. He probably just has to push a button if he has to much angle on his car.It was an impossible manuver that im still trying to figure out, Im glad Chris beat him. Its about time for a Silvia to kick some a$$ and leave it up to a S15 to do the job.

And as for that 3F3F or whatever its called movie being made...maybe they should think about a differant senario on how this "kid" gets into Japan...maybe join the military and end up based in Okinawa and meet up with some japanese drifters fall in love with the sport,and become competitive...Kinda like a Ernie Fixmier story, but be better at the sport...haha only kidding Ernie I would love to be involved in the making of the movie, I have some great ideas that everyone would love...Heck I think I should make a movie that would blow this one out of the water...

Comment

Originally posted by NHDrifter

ohh man... I want to see JR,Rhys,and Sammy go up agianst some japanese street drifters...(in my own opinion) I think Rhys Millen is a cheater. Why and how do you say? well i'll tell you...The last Formula D.I beleive it was the last run him and Chris did.Now think back when Rhys was about to spin out ...He took back control of the car? He is probly useing some hi-tech anti-spin conrtrol unit with the braking system or something. He probably just has to push a button if he has to much angle on his car.It was an impossible manuver that im still trying to figure out, Im glad Chris beat him. Its about time for a Silvia to kick some a$$ and leave it up to a S15 to do the job.

And as for that 3F3F or whatever its called movie being made...maybe they should think about a differant senario on how this "kid" gets into Japan...maybe join the military and end up based in Okinawa and meet up with some japanese drifters fall in love with the sport,and become competitive...Kinda like a Ernie Fixmier story, but be better at the sport...haha only kidding Ernie I would love to be involved in the making of the movie, I have some great ideas that everyone would love...Heck I think I should make a movie that would blow this one out of the water...
                                I agree on nearly every point...let us all just remember that I didn't write this thing, I'm merely providing cars. The Tech Advisor on this project is Toshi Hayame, formerly of Apex...and I'm sure he has his hands full.

Comment

Working...
                                X