Papa Gushi's 2006 Drift Car Unveiled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlakeFuller
    I never saw the calipers. I thought they were trying a new ultrlightweight version, trying to outdo the upcoming Braille brakes!
    i remember seeing the rear calipers. I didn't actually look up front. i know that they were p-mu's before... but maybe the rims didn't clear the calipers?

who knows. they'll have everything ready for the first event in April (if not before then) and that's all that matters.

there's always tons of cars at SEMA without motor / interrior / other junk... it's SEMA.

Comment

From what I've read, which is a lot:
      Kuma's car uses a FWD BC/BF Legacy steering rack, a USDM Forester STI motor with extensive modification, and has a Nissan R200 differential from an R32 GT-R (but is also found on S13, S14, Z32, etc with different mounting points - the same differential I use in my Legacy), custom driveshaft and axles. I don't know for certian but I believe that the brake calipers are from a BP/BL (new model) Legacy GT. The STi platform has a R180 differential in stock trim which has larger diameter hub splines than the R160.

Here is a Nissan S14 differential in my Legacy. I had to custom-build this subframe:

Blake - you won't want to miss next DDay. I'd like for you to drive the Legacy too, maybe I can hook you on the idea of a RWD Subaru.
      Last edited by mranlet; 01-23-2006, 08:05 AM.

Comment

all i gotta say is that it will be one expensive crash

Comment

how hard was that? looks sweet

Comment

Wow some of you guys are critical. This car went from full on show car / cover of Modified to SEMA car in less than 2 weeks! So of course some things weren't perfect. The car will be dialed in for FD this season. This means yes the rims will have the correct off-set. The brakes (P mu) unless a brake company steps up will be ready to go. As for the purple to each his own, but no one else is ready to rock candy purple, not to mention this is more to market KINGPIN Performance (company color) and this car will definetly stand out on the track!

I agree with the Tire tread that it is ugly, but remember this was also to unveil and launch the new full tire sponsorship by BRIDGESTONE. Gotta do it for the sponsors sometimes...

Comment

Originally posted by Speedwell
              Wow some of you guys are critical. This car went from full on show car / cover of Modified to SEMA car in less than 2 weeks! So of course some things weren't perfect. The car will be dialed in for FD this season. This means yes the rims will have the correct off-set. The brakes (P mu) unless a brake company steps up will be ready to go. As for the purple to each his own, but no one else is ready to rock candy purple, not to mention this is more to market KINGPIN Performance (company color) and this car will definetly stand out on the track!

I agree with the Tire tread that it is ugly, but remember this was also to unveil and launch the new full tire sponsorship by BRIDGESTONE. Gotta do it for the sponsors sometimes...
              So to go from full on show car to SEMA car in only two weeks is some kind of feat???? is there any difference?!!!!

it took 2 weeks to add a bunch of vinyl and change to wheels that didn't fit with the calipers???

2 weeks can yeild nearly an entire drift car if you have a few good dudes working on it. Not that this car isn't sweet, but i'm failing to see the diff between the show car it was, and the show car it is now!
              -Don't forget the struggle. Don't forget the streets-

www.driftalliance.com
              www.clubloose.com

Listen to Motley Crue

Comment

Working...
              X