This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

even if its not his its a very nice rx-7
    Last edited by BL1TZ_W1NG; 01-24-2004, 11:29 AM.

Comment

http://www.rizubi.com/stk.htm

its at the bottom of the page.

Comment

This is interesting. I went to that site and it doesn not say a single thing about legalizing it, how to go aboutt legalizing it or anything other than what they have in stock. Even went to their home site. Lots of religious mombo jumbo but no legalizations or restrictions. Now I don't know if you have checked into this or not but it is pretty hard to do what you are about to do. Getting a car to America is the easiest part of the deal. Once it hits the dock you either have to have a hella good friend that can sneak it out the door for you or you have to have a signed letter of intent basically that it is leaving that dock and heading straight for a facility that will modify it to US standards. There are ways around this rule such as the rally rule. It can stay INCONUS (In Continental United States) for one year in an off road use only status then has to be returned. Thats how your Evos have been coming over here for years but race only.

As for registering it, you run into ALL sorts of fun stuff there. You can swap vins with a US RX7 and odds are if you live in Minn you could get away with that for a time. But let one cop stop you who realizes what is up and you go to jail. Quick fast and dirty. Not to mention you would be breaking several federal laws, local state and city laws AND Insurance fraud. But whats a little fun without the risk of getting busted. Plus you need to have a title of another FD which is going to run you big dollars. By the time you got all that and the car over here, you'd be better off just gettign a US one.

Now if they are going to legalize it for you, which I don't see how they can since they have no facility in America, it is still going run you for the conversion. I believe that conversion is upwards of 5-10 thousand dollars. Could be a little high on that one but I think thats about right. Now very many people do it in America. So once again you are better off with a US one. PLUS you have absolutely no idea who this car runs, drives, has it been wrecked anything. Lotta risk to take.

Besides I would get the Pulsar GTIR. You can get FD's all day, hell i'll sell you mine. But Pulsars you can't get here.

Food for thought.

Comment

wow i dint know there was sooooo much red tape im glad its not this way in the uk

you can get a good NON-STOCK r32 gtr for 10,000

Comment

ive got "friend" or what ever that runs a shop in california to do the legilazation, he said he was going to just sigh the papers the say it was legalized but not restrect the power, and i dont need the lsd/rsd conversion because i am going to keep it as jdm as possible(i dont need people telling me that this car isnt jdm or what ever crap). i like it the way it is and im keeping it the same, ni vin changes, nothing illegal, well you know, nothing extreemly illegal. my friend with the gt-s 33 had the same thing done whith his car and he was pulled over a few times. the things i am most worried about is the usdm parts not fitting the car when stuff breaks. if you have any POSITIVE comments please feel free.

Comment

ok when somthing brake's dont replace with stock, try and use a after market part

sorry i could not be of more use

Comment

Well then it sounds like you are all set. I would personally get the red one but thats me.

As for your friend, I wouldn't say his name or shop name anywhere on anything. Also if he signs the papers and you get popped he goes down and down faster than a high priced hooker. Not only will he get his license revoked to do business, he will also get the feds on him and the EPA. Touchy business these "Grey market" cars. Lotta legislation on those. But in Minn you may be ok. Also pray to god you don't have emmissions testing. If you do, you and your friend are screwed. A: you will get nailed for no emmissions, B: you friend get's nailed as well. Also they will take the car and more than likely destroy it.

The red tape with these cars is hardcore. It is also policed hardcore. Your friends shop has to be licensed to do the install. There are not very many that are so make sure.

Also figure gas is different here and other things. I would check laws for sure first.

Comment

toyota sera looks promising.

Comment

no emissions testing here that i need to go to, plus if i get busted, um that would suck but oh well. awww screw it i will just move to japan, lol there are some parts of america i dont like. this is one of them.

Comment

Not trying to ruin your good time by any means just trying to keep you from wasting money. You may get away with it and then you may not. Odds are you will and nothing will happen, but what if?

Sucks to loose dollars needlessly. Yea American laws on importation of vehicles is pretty wacked but they feel its the only way to keep America beautiful.

I personally think a Skyline running down I-85 into Atlanta is beautiful.

Comment

damn bro u have bad luck with rx7's

Comment

..yeah i read that other thread..dude...maybe...its hard for you to understand...but try ..getting a crappier car and tuning it up...then..you wont get it stolen or get ripped parts...just a thought...and legalization is a hell load money...and its stupid as *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* to just get a car from japan so you can say its from japan...it'd be cool to have it, but if you're really into that *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* go for it...theres no one stopping you until you get stopped..

Comment

id rather get the red one

Comment

just wondering have you seen this car in person yet?

Comment

the red one looks bomb *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* legalization run it.

Comment

Working...
                                X