Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So where are you getting the crash test data for the DOT? Japanese Rx-7's are different from US ones,as they are built to meet Japanese standards and not American.Even though Mazda sells the Rx-7 in the US,they both are different.There is no way in hell you can get that thing "legalized" and on the road unless you have a crash test facility and enough Japanese Rx-7's to keep the DOT quiet.Then you have to proceed to make the mods,but the good thing about it,you can monopolize the market just like Motorex,then overcharge everyone for Rx-7's like they do for Skylines.They grab there Skylines for $10-25000,then sell them for $75-120K plus $20-25K legalization.I pray they don't touch the Silvias,they will be as much as a Porsche GT2.

Comment

Motorex is starting Sylvia testing. Read that somewhere the other day.

Comment

the us spec is not the same as the jap but i think that only go's as far as the suspension. cuz the roads are differant.

i dont think mazda would make the chasse differant as the cost of development would be 2 high so they probobly made 1 uber chasse and engine that fits all the laws in major countrys then change the other bit's to fit the user's need's in each country so japan/euro all have a set up for bendy roads where the us is all strate line's

but i could be wrong ( it would not supprise me )

Comment

If it was just suspension,then everyone would have j-spec cars.Example,compare the Japanese Evo8 to the US Evo8.It is very complicated,simply put.If the car didn't come out of the factory with the United States Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards compliance label,its not coming over without serious crash testing and modifications.

Comment

The FD's are not that much different from Japan to America. Other than emmisions and maybe some crash stuff, they are the same. O and RHD of course.

Comment

I would also say the ECU is different
              Last edited by S14-Kidd; 01-25-2004, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Why would the ECU be different? Other than the octane difference, no reason for it to be.

Comment

Im thinking you may want to do some more checking into the company you want to purchase from. The red FD has been on a lot of auction sites the exact same pic. I would be hesitant to buy a FD with all the miles that are on the one you are interested in. Most FDs in Japan with that many are not worth but a couple G because they are usally ran hard and put away wet. Basicly buyer beware.

Comment

I agree. Get the Pulsar.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
                      Why would the ECU be different? Other than the octane difference, no reason for it to be.
                      Just that. the octane differences, driving conditions, etc... The ECU is alot of the reason that cars from Japan have higher hp than the US version.(i.e. Evo)

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
                        Motorex is starting Sylvia testing. Read that somewhere the other day.
                        Oh good, now they'll have yet another tool to anally demolish the American market with...fan-freggin-tastic.

Comment

Originally posted by S14-Kidd
                          Just that. the octane differences, driving conditions, etc... The ECU is alot of the reason that cars from Japan have higher hp than the US version.(i.e. Evo)
                          The cars in Japan usually have less HP I.E Supra, 300zx, STI

Comment

What is the purpose of you getting that car over a USDM one where you don't have to worry about getting arrested? You want to be different/jdm/RHD/etc? I just don't see the point of getting that car and risking federal offenses to get a car that is available here, and if you really need the RHD or JDM part of it, just mod one here to whatever JDM specs you like. Plus it's kind of wierd that you said you wouldn't mod it at all to keep it "JDM as possible."

Comment

i got it for like 5500 plus it already has mod on it, so would you have passed it over?

Comment

because FDs have a lot of problems if not taken care of. Overheating, hoses cracking, seals breaking, engine blowing up, etc. etc. Plus the Japanese cars that are modified are beaten pretty bad. I don't hear of much Japanese that just modify their cars to look at like some Americans. Well, whatever, good luck. I know a guy who has a JDM silvia, and he goes to the DMV every month to get a new temporary tag because he can't reg his car.

Comment

Working...
                                X