Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soultron
    I drive a chevette.
    LOL I'm still lauging, and dont know why...

Anywho, I agree completly with DriftGirl (and not because she's gorgeouls and has way more skill than me, but because she makes sense). Every situation is different. It seems that alot of people on this site dont drift too often, but just love the idea, a kit wouldnt be in danger there. There are people here that are tru pros that have enough sponsorship money to put 2 kits on at once. And there are hundreds of situations in between.
    Stop arguin about what no spacific other people should do and worry about drifting and helping others. Just an idea.

Comment

Thank you DRFT_MARO

"We all do what we can, and are better people for it...no matter what the situation"

( D_G )

Comment

Originally posted by DriftGirl
        EyeCandy=Added shock value I guess
        So superficial. Nah I kid, I love drifting because its more about driver skill than setup. Granted you can spend as much money setting your car up to drift as you can any other motorsport....or, err, show. But that said, you dont have to put all that money into the motor before blowing an unorthodox amount of money on a body kit. If you are an incredible drifter and you have aftermarket shocks and springs, by all means, go blow $3 Gs on a body kit. My example, while it may not be the best, the R33 Gts-t that is in the drifting mag. No engine mods, just suspension, wheels, and kit. It didnt show any pics of him sideways but if he can drift, I respect him as much as anybody else. There's nothing wrong with flash style. Its just not dark or boro. To each his own.

But man that r33 was clean boy!

*hugs BN sports*

Comment

sweet to all.

Comment

NRG, I was trying to understand what you meant "sweet to all" and I noticed your avatar. If that was orange it would be my car.

Comment

if it was the crappy blue green from the factory, then its mine yo.
              i mean i could careless about kits.

Comment

I meant kit and all, except for that FMIC. Mine is yet to be turbo-ed. Won't be long though. Oh and well, the kit isnt on yet, well in fact, it's not even really decided. If you would like to help. Post here. I only have like 10 votes. Id like it to be clearly decided.

http://www.driftcentral.com/forum//s...&threadid=1387

blue green...hehe.

Comment

Anyone have a vid of this car drifting?

Comment

Which car are you asking about?

The chevette, the soarer, mine or nrg's s14, the r33...?

Comment

personally, i dont care about what your car looks like or how much you have into your engine or suspension or whatever, all i care about is skill, you know why?

body kit: $1500
                      JDM engine: $3000
                      coilovers: $1500

SKILL: PRICELESS!!!!

Comment

true skills is a unmatched parrallel of drifting.i have no vid but pics.but when i try to attach it,it says it is to big, i dont know how to shrink it.

Comment

this always gets me,LMAO!
                          Attached Files

Comment

I would rather see fast cars then fast looking cars.

Even though it is great to see a driver rip off his demolished front bumper and keep drifting.. in the real world of those in high school or college (like me), we b!tch about having to buy new tires. Not new front bumpers, or whole new cars if we hit something big.

Comment

From vicarious and personal experience I can tell you that if you're just starting out or have even been drifting for a few years you're going to want to go with a bare minimum on the body mods.. You're going to wreck, thats a given... The more you wreck from the jump, the more you'll learn. The more you learn the more you will be able to develop your skill.

Thats just the bottom line, who cares what you're car looks like when you're learning? The time you spend getting the car back in shape from the wreck can be spent on the lots or the backroads.. The margin of error on the roads is minimal and the chance of an accident increases concurently with your speed.

Smack a guardrail and cause $800 worth of damage one minute then lunge through a fence and cause $1500 worth of damage the next? I've seen it happen. If you want to go replacing parts for the hell of it be my guest. I'm not saying don't drop 2K on a body kit I'm just saying that I would suggest forgoing the aesthetic mods until you got to a point where you could

DRIFTGIRL I'm with you on the thing about visually pleasing cars but you can't expect to look like the big dogs until you can throw down like the big dogs. Ueno went through four different cars before he got his soarer. I have friends that've been through 5 and 6 and are just getting to a point where they can execute

Comment

I aggree that 2k on a bodykit is much. If i worked on the body i would take the dents out and put on a half way decent paint job. remember: ONLY REAL CARS ARE PAINTED BLACK!

Comment

Working...
                                X