No announcement yet.

D1GP Rumor Mill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait, didn't we hear some of these rumors back in december?

Comment

Looks like Ueno is running 2006 and Yok is still invovled. Here is the japanese interivew for Ueno on the up coming 2006 season

http://msj.advan.com/fan/topics/23/top03.jsp

They also have interviews of the RE driver and one of the 86 drivers. But no Taniguchi and no Orido.

Comment

no orido, no taniguchi, no ueno means no attendance. not for me anyway.
        Last edited by Drift Brick; 02-15-2006, 02:02 PM. Reason: thought he said Ueo... guess not. sorry!

Comment

To all those in the rumor mill, please take care when using peoples names.
          UEO(AE86) and UENO(Soarer) are two different people.

I do know for a fact that Ueo(AE86) will be at round 1.

Comment

this is getting ridculous D1 is turing into god damn indy car and now there is going to be 10 different events and everyone is spilting its dumb of Dorikin and anyone else who put there nose into all of this just so they make money off of it..... i dont care if he is the "drift king" i dont go to see him i go to see all these drivers sum known others arent to drive at a level that isnt seen often for all i care drift king can stay in japan and let D1 run without him..... he isnt making the sport... all the drivers are making it

Comment

try to use periods one at a time. slow down. take a breath. and an english class.

rumors are rumors... Ill wait until I see the driver's list to get my tickets.

Comment

hahah sry mang just stating my view you can read and understand

Comment

ueno has to be driving for 2006. he didn't build a new car for nothing!

Comment

Wow those are some harsh words for dori king there buddy, considering he and daijiro are the ones who introduced this unique motor sport to us here in the states. I think they deserve a bit more credit than that. As for there being a bunch of different events.Its nothing new to the drift scene. Japan has many other events going on other than D1.The Ikaten competition, Advan challenge, A’pex cup, ORC championship etc. Top driver like Orido, Taniguchi, Youichi and Nomuken started their cariers at events like this, just like Vaughn, Alex, Ken and others at the first us events.
                    Last year at XDL they did say something about touring the country. Maybe that’s why they wont do D1 this year, conflicting schedules. And its true the drivers do make the sport, that’s why they are out there promoting and spreading the word about drifting. I read somewhere once that when Tarzan was helping to star Formula D here, he missed a bunch of JGTC practices and events to be here. I’m sure his bosses and GT fans were pretty pissed about that too. thats my dos centavos..
                    BTW, some first post huh . love this site.

Comment

Paddock rumours during D1MY Preview round.

- Taniguchi banned for 3 rounds
                      - Orido banned for 1 year.

Comment

Originally posted by MK84
                        Paddock rumours during D1MY Preview round.

- Taniguchi banned for 3 rounds
                        - Orido banned for 1 year.
                        reasons why?

Comment

while reding the thread, i couldnt help but feel a sense of abandonment of the japanese D1GP towards the Formula drift scene, mybe im jsut beign skeptical but alot of people are pulling out over in japan? and my best guess is they are tired/disgusted of the united state's fat/lazy/commercial ethics of trying to make a buck on everything << (wow, and im not liberal at all, and for me to say that, DAMN)

but i could just be a dummy

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u
                            reasons why?
                            It may have to do with XDL.

Comment

I heard a rumor that alex may be driving his ae86 again. I wonder what color it is now.
                              BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

i think it should be glow in the dark pink!!! that will confuse ur oppents due to ur star wars like apprance at night hahaha

Comment

Working...
                                X