D1 driver's Search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D1 driver's Search

I heard no one got a License or were allowed to compete in the qualifying. Can someone let me know what the story is?

D1 announced the results after the drivers search and Verena Mei was number one with 95.5 points and Hiromi (another girl) was second with 95 points.

Then they anounced that no one was getting a license because they didn't score a 96. In my opinion it is totally whacked that they gave licenses to people down to 94 points at the December exhibition round and now it is back up to 96 for a standard. It should be the same all the time, no exceptions. It must have been a fund raiser for D1 since they already had enough entrants for the round.

There were a bunch of solid runs by all the drivers and there should have been 3 or 4 licenses awareded. Pretty lame in my opinion that they didn't give the top 3 licenses since they awarded Rod Millen a license with 95 points and Robby Nishida with 94 points in December.

You can make your own decision.

Oh, yeah, I tried to post this as a topic on Friday and my post was deleted.............

Comment

There were a total of 10 drivers invited to compete in the drivers search. Mr Tsuchiya stated in the drivers meeting the a score of 96 must be attained to get a D1 license. I do not have a total scorecard but I do know that the highest scoring driver recieved a 95.5
      Last edited by akuma S14; 03-07-2006, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by akuma S14
        Mr Tsuchiya stated in the drivers meeting the a score of 96 must be attained to get a D1 license.
        “Mr Tsuchiya” my *Censored**Censored**Censored*……! The guys a big fat cry baby that always have to have it his way! Explain to me why Taniguchi & Orido are no longer in D1? KT doesn’t what any women in D1 unless he *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*s them 1st. The unwritten rule is not getting a D1 license by points, you have to be chosen. It’s just the “J” way.

Comment

Originally posted by 310Ojisan
          “Mr Tsuchiya” my *Censored**Censored**Censored*……! The guys a big fat cry baby that always have to have it his way! Explain to me why Taniguchi & Orido are no longer in D1? KT doesn’t what any women in D1 unless he *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*s them 1st. The unwritten rule is not getting a D1 license by points, you have to be chosen. It’s just the “J” way.
          becuz they dont make money in drifting? becuz they rather concentrate more on RACING(super gt)? driftings not everything in this world. if KT wants to have it his way, let him be. this is HIS event and hes a businessman, catering to your needs doesnt come first man.shiit happens

Comment

LOL Robbie Nishida and Rod Millen smoke all the people at this 10 person invite only D.S.

Oh sure Verena may have recieved a 95.5( and deservedly so ) on one run but her other runs were kinda shaky. Ms. Hiromi, while being an excelent driver w/ some amazing guts, had a pretty slow line across the front straight and K.T. had been hitting on this in every driver meeting.

As far as D1 licensing - I think there are a lot of nice drivers out there, but are any of them prepared to run 10-15mph faster? Or tandem? Safely? Not most. But that's what practice if for!
            Last edited by akuma S14; 03-10-2006, 09:17 PM.

Comment

LOL Robbie Nishida and Rod Millen smoke all the people at this 10 person invite only D.S.
              BTW -If it was for money don't you think they would have made it an open event and let 60+ people sign up? @ 180 bux ea. in the rain, uphill?
              Oh sure Verena may have recieved a 95.5( and deservedly so ) on one run but her other runs were kinda shaky. Ms. Hiromi, while being an excelent driver w/ some amazing guts, had a pretty slow line across the front straight and K.T. had been hitting on this in every driver meeting.

As far as D1 licensing - I think there are a lot of nice drivers out there, but are any of them prepared to run 10-15mph faster? Or tandem? Safely? Not most. But that's what practice if for!
              Agreed. If a driver could have drifted the whole bank at Irwindale in the first or second D1, that driver was in for sure. Remember we were like, "wow", when we first saw Kazama, Nomuken, and other J-drivers drifting the whole big banking there!? Standards are definitely up there now and it's perfectly reasonably to raise the bar. Verena and Ms. Hiromi both did a great job, just missing it a little bit in their consistency and speed, which is looked upon very much by KT. By my experience, he does not like drivers coming out only to do one good run but screw up the other ones. All qualifying runs have to be decent and he picks the best one to count. And entry speed entry speed entry speed!!!!!
              Hubert Young
              KORE 8 Films

Comment

Agreed.

hi hubert

Comment

yea...
                  i scored a 94.5
                  it was a good run i missed 1 clip and that cost me the licence.
                  i will get it next time...
                  i was bitter at the time though.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by drift7; 03-09-2006, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Kyle, you are going to get your license man... I thought that if you had it.....I could almost smell it.

Comment

[QUOTE=akuma S14].
                      BTW -If it was for money don't you think they would have made it an open event and let 60+ people sign up? @ 180 bux ea. in the rain, uphill?
                      QUOTE]

I hope that wasn't directed toward FD. You don't see me making comments on how you run things.

Comment

Andy - I was not aiming anything at anyone. I was responding to a post that has since been deleted. I didn't realize that you would take that as "me taking a shot at you" Big Sorry there. So please accept my appologies and edit.

Comment

i think d1 is short of mony please let me no if you need mony d1 i barow you paid $150 for 3 good run score 96 point and not get anywher . and tells as see you in vegas that b/s
                          (626) 786-7444
                          (818) 897-7445

Ask for CHRIS

MILANO MOTORSPORTS-Front-Clips
                          -Engine SWAPS/Installation
                          -Used Parts - all that and a bag of chips
                          -350Z used parts

www.Turboneticsinc.com
                          www.cxracing.com
                          www.kaazusa.com
                          www.coopertires.com
                          www.specclutch.com

Comment

Originally posted by cinderblok
                            I heard no one got a License or were allowed to compete in the qualifying. Can someone let me know what the story is?
                            you dont no ?????? cause want ar mony 150x 16= $2400.00 we go to vegas same story
                            (626) 786-7444
                            (818) 897-7445

Ask for CHRIS

-350Z used parts

www.Turboneticsinc.com
                            www.cxracing.com
                            www.kaazusa.com
                            www.coopertires.com
                            www.specclutch.com

Comment

let me tell you 1 thing and close this coversetion d1 its b/s westing time and car and money i love my formula d thats botom line
                              (626) 786-7444
                              (818) 897-7445

Ask for CHRIS

-350Z used parts

www.Turboneticsinc.com
                              www.cxracing.com
                              www.kaazusa.com
                              www.coopertires.com
                              www.specclutch.com