FD LB - Predictions?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FD LB - Predictions?!

We've seen the course. We've seen the drivers list. We're 10 days away from the start of the greatest Drifting series in the WORLD. so let's start predicting!

I think that the course will favor the lower horsepower cars. I'm thinking Taka and Steph are the top 2 guys on my list due to their comfort with their cars. With Rhys and Sam still working out the bugs of their cars, and several other drivers in new cars (chris's Z vert should be done, Conrad is still getting comfy in the supra, same with Tyler in the S2k, BigSmoke Schwartz is new to his car, etc), it's almost anybodys game.

I don't think that the bigger cars like JR, Gush, and Calvin Wan can pull the tight corners as well as the smaller cars will. Even though these 3 guys are probably the most comfortable in their cars, I just don't see it happening.

Then there's Dai and Kenji. While both of them are in new chassis, they are very comfortable with the 240 as a whole, and are always a threat.

So who's your pick for the first event?

GOGO Lance the gerbil hero!

Comment

i predict alot of cars will hit walls.

Comment

so rhys have the solstice this year?
        lance is my here too!

Comment

Originally posted by aaronlosey
          i predict alot of cars will hit walls.

I predict Aaron will be right

Comment

Dai has a new chassis? I thought only a new paintjob?

Still picking my favorite driver. Daijiro Yoshihara! for the second straight year. I hope he can place overall in the end of the year high!
            Last edited by VDMTom; 03-22-2006, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Okubo Yukinobu

Comment

Rhys will be in his GTO for the LB event....so he will be a threat as always.

Dai is in the same car with a new piant scheme.....he will be on for sure.

I agree the course may favor the lower powered car. However, if your saying Stephs car is underpowered you are wrong. That thing is over 400hp and is a rocket ship. He will also do well at LB.

Rumor has it that Ken Gushi will be driving a completly different Ford Racing prepped 2005-up Mustang chassis for the 2006 season. Should be interesting?

Ok....back on topic. My prediction is Hubert Young in the new and improved Discount Tire/Falken Tire S13 cpe.

Comment

oh yeah....wait until you see what Seigo Yamamoto will be driving this year....gangsta VIP Style! He'll be a contender this year for sure.

Comment

Yeah, Hubert is focused. Looks like hes definately going to be a contender! I believe Robbie Nishida is driving bens old s14. Awesome car+awesome driver= contender. I honestly think that Team Falken will be in the top 3 at all of the Formula D events. Cant wait to see what Seigo is driving!

Comment

JRDA FTW

Comment

If Rhys Is In His Gto Then Hes A Defininte Threat As A Top Contender And Robbie Is A Great Driver But I Predict Chris Forsberg Back In A 350z He Will Probably Come Out The Victor

Comment

Originally posted by 110octane
                          I agree the course may favor the lower powered car.
                          You guys are under estimating this track. lower powered cars are going to have a HARD time reaching between turn 10 and the clipping point. big power is the only thing thats going to keep them from hitting the walls...

Turn 10

Turn 11

See how far apart and narrow that is...?

I perdict 12 cars will crash!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 310Ojisan

I perdict 12 cars will crash!!!!
                            I predict much more. Jersey and Chicago each wrought 18-25 crashes last season. More talented drivers this year, but more treacherous at Long Beach. And yes, power is needed (and a good line) to link 9 to 10.

Comment

Originally posted by foilman
                              I predict much more. Jersey and Chicago each wrought 18-25 crashes last season. More talented drivers this year, but more treacherous at Long Beach. And yes, power is needed (and a good line) to link 9 to 10.
                              Problem is as I understand 9-10 arent judged so it doesnt matter. only 1 corner is really judged. I dont think the judges can see 9-10 from where they are sitting. And underpowered cars will be favored was right out of the horses mouth.

Comment

Working...
                              X