Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X Games picks up Rally..

I am sure Drifting will be next.

ESPN's X Games will add some rally car action to this year's extreme sports event in Los Angeles. ESPN VP Ron Semiao announced the addition to the X Games 12 lineup, saying, "Rally Car Racing is a sport we have been watching for some time now," and calling the sport "incredibly dynamic and exciting."

ESPN appears to be ramping up its four-wheeled motorsports coverage as it gets ready to air NASCAR races in 2007.

The X Games rally will be organized by Rally America, and include two days of competition over six road stages and a stadium-based Super Special stage.

X Games motorcycle legend Travis Pastrana recently made the switch to four wheels, signing with Subaru of America to lead the Subaru Rally Team USA in the 2006 Rally America National Championship series. Pastrana and co-driver Christian Edstrom placed second in February's Sno*Drift Rally (pictured at right), and we expect him to play a big part in the introduction of rallying to the X Games this summer.

[Sources: Rally America, Subaru, AutoBlog]

werd. i'm going to start building a rally car.

Comment

Originally posted by AllMotorKing
      werd. i'm going to start building a rally car.
      Gravel Crew

Comment

It's cool that they add rally to X-games. But I wonder why not drifting first!?
        Hubert Young
        KORE 8 Films

Comment

Originally posted by Hubert Young
          It's cool that they add rally to X-games. But I wonder why not drifting first!?
          Maybe they discovered rally driving before they found out about drifting..and it probably took them awhile to fully incorporate rally into X-games..but I think drifting will be next VERY soon.

Drifting is perfectly suited to be a great addition to X-games.

Comment

TP and Ken Block from DC are Rally Racers and major X Game players.
            It will be exciting, but I am suprised that ESPN would be interested in Rally.
            Rally had such poor ratings and got kicked off Speed?

Drift Does not have credible personalities yet and most speak Japanese.
            I think the Americans will be there, gonna take a little more time.
            Last edited by ///AMG; 03-29-2006, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ///AMG
              Drift Does not have credible personalities yet and most speak Japanese.
              I think the Americans will be there, gonna take a little more time.
              .... YET!!

Rally has a lot more corporate backing here in the US right now.

give it a year or two...

Comment

If drifting ever makes it into the X Games, I'm crediting Tony Angelo for making that happen somehow. He called that shyat like 5 or 6 years ago.

Comment

The wholde DA are going to be future X games stars..believe me..
                  They are the ones who can cross over.

Comment

Yea, they were the ones to make the first skate style dvd, at least that I know of. Their lifestyles(rockstars) totally fits the x games and I think AMG is right about that they would make the transition easily.

Comment

Putting drifting into the x games is like putting a boring square peg into a sweet round hole where drifting belongs.

Comment

you keds see who's going to be running against Colin McRae and Pastrana at the X games?!?

Tanner Foust!!!

http://www.rally-america.com/story.php?article=100

Comment

I'm not exactly crazy about rally being the latest "Xtreme" sport, but hpefully it'll give the sport some more exposure here in the states, especially since Speed TV dropped their WRC coverage. I guess they didn't have enough shows about rich guys buying cars or what Dale Jr had for breakfast

Comment

cant wait for this, since speedvision hasn't been showing anything but nascar. im looking for something finally.

Comment

I say it will never happen. X-Games was supposed to pick up pocketbike racing about 5 years ago.. then they dropped the ball. Sucks.

Comment

Working...
                              X