How to go PRO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Koo

That sounds like a good idea, but What if I dun like art like I suck at drawing and stuff, but the computer aided thing sounds good. O and is SCCA a good place to start for autoX to start for practicing for circuit racing? I mean I have been kart racing for a little bit, so I'm not a person who is way too late for trying, but I guess I kinda have a chance. Like most Japanese drivers I remember started when they got their licenses at 18, so I'm not 18 yet, but like after I do get the skyline cause there is no way I'm not cause even my parents know I'm soo crazy bout it that if I were to be denied that then I might as well kill myself, cause that was like my aim for like 9 years or so. Everyone who knows me knows that I'm too crazy bout the skyline. Anyway, so after I get the car then I just go and drive for fun am I right?, but what kind of events are best suited for learning the basics then practice till I get comfortable wit the car and can use techniques and such. Like I get a feeling AutoX isn't the best for a Skyline because its just soo heavy, but R32 isn't too heavy. Anyway yea, so are there events just for circuit racing? and I am going to Skip Barber at Laguna Seca sometime in the near future, but are there events at tracks I can go to or do I have to be in a club to get in. Is there like open times where you can just pay for like a certain amount of time or something? Anybody know good technical tracks around the San Jose area its ok if its a little far like sacramento or something, so yea

Comment

Originally posted by markeese180sx
      u have that?..cuz i was talking about that guy that loved the benzs...i wish i was rich
      School car club.

Comment

you need to get in some go-karts before thinking of the big time stuff, no joke

Comment

there are a lot of european drivers in the JGTC, but i don't think that there are any american drivers.

if you really want to get into the JGTC, i'd just aim to be the top road racer in japan.

I hate to break it to you, but racing is really no different than any other pro-sport. You can take any class, or go to any school you want. YOu can even aquire all the knowledge in the world, but only talent and natural ability will get you into the pros.

you just have to be a born racer or fighter pilot. You could have what it takes, but you'll can only know by getting out there and racing.

The drivers in JGTC usually have some tenure in the sport and impeciblbe records. Look KT, he won the le mans 24 hour, and other racers have experience in formula 1,3, Le man, japen formul D1gp, and even indie and cart.

I'd work my way up in Europe or asia (regions with more general interest in road racing), and see where you get from there.

Comment

No offense to anyone, but this is the wrong forums to be asking this kinda question. Even I don't know the entire process, and just because you have a good car won't mean your good enough to become pro. If you have little/no driving experience, then you should just keep dreaming man. Someone said to start out in go-karts... they are a great way to get a feel for speed and to learn the basics of a racing line. But a lightning fast reacting go-kart compared to big slow-reacting(compared to the kart) car is a BIG difference. Practice...plain and simple.
            -Tim

Comment

*Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* it..

just be a street racer...

The biggest hero on the boards started out as street racer, and look where he's at--- he's the best drifter who ever lived, and a decent road racer!

long live KT..

buy kei office products.

Comment

Working...
              X