No announcement yet.

350z vs. G35

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

they are turning the skyline into a luxo and making a sports car just called the GT-R well thats what the motor section of the paper i get told me and that's whats comming out in 2007 it has a V6 not a I6 witch is a b1tch

and like the z it will most likely be detuned for the US market

Comment

Originally posted by BL1TZ_W1NG
      they are turning the skyline into a luxo and making a sports car just called the GT-R well thats what the motor section of the paper i get told me and that's whats comming out in 2007 it has a V6 not a I6 witch is a b1tch

and like the z it will most likely be detuned for the US market
      i'm willing to bet it won't be the true GT-R thats found in Japan, it'll be some rebadge car for the US market.......i mean why would Nissan make GT-R V6 as opposed to a an Inline 6? it makes no sense, the only V-6 i see working in that racing series in Japan is the NSX and Honda has perfected getting the most power out of a V design engine........... i just can't picture nissan doing that to their Godzilla.

Comment

I can. Look into Nissans past. They make decisions based on profits. Count on it being V6 or V8. Both have been rumored. And they will prob be as similar between the countries as the 350z is.

Comment

they already started the production ( i dont know where) heard it from my neighbor who is a competitor with them on products and what ever he does....07 is the expected date that it will show at the detroit auto show....

Comment

Let's look at what Nissan woulld look into(from a logical stand point).
            Let's say your Nissan,you goal is to revive the Skyline.There are numerous things you would consider,but you must get good performance that lives up to the Skyline legacy all without breaking the bank.That's business,and these reasons more than likely tie into the reason for the V6.
            Cost is probably the main reason.Nissan has tons of V engine platforms to base the GT-R's engine on,saving costs.Also,the V6 is a balance between all three of the engines,usually providing the best of both worlds.Also the amount of metal used varies,its no secret that Inline engines can be nose heavy.
            Though the RB was one of the most praised engines of all-time,itwas killed do to emissions.Emissions might as play a role as well.Why try and develop another inline engine when you have a V engine that can pass the emissions,cheap to build,and puts down all the performance that is needed.

Choose anyone of those,there is a good chance that all of them played a part in Nissans decision.A Skyline doesn't need an Inline to be a Skyline,but I would never call a Skyline just that,or a GTR unless it was RHD.
            A look into the Skylines purpose and reason sort of explains my reason.

Comment

GOOD GOD you people need jesus, allah, whoever.
              In reference to the brembos the g35 ONLY gets them on the 6spd
              the 350z gets the same ones on the track model.
              Interior way nicer in the g35 except the dash isnt as good looking(IMHO). Aftermarket wise the 350z and the g35 have the SAME aftermarket supposrt since there the same damn car..
              And as far as performance the only thing better for the g35 was the g's it pulled and u can probally chaulk that up to the weight(to help it stick) and the length.
              And I believe the new "SKYLINE" will be the v-8 you see coming out in the new nissans.
              Attached Files

Comment

no opinion

The g35 is slower, has a loser chasis, and is heavier.
                But hey it's your opinion. I took a g35 owner for a ride in my z, he told me it was a lot stiffer and faster(gear ratios maybe), he also told me to slow down after a few good drifts. He said he wish he got a Z. BUT HEY IT"S YOUR OPINON. If you want a luxury car get a G. If you want a sports car get a Z.

shmately

ps if the g35 is so great how come they already made a 350Z gt500 race car. Where are the G35 race cars?they dont exist!
                Attached Files

Comment

Weight is never a good thing. The reason that the G35 has higher skidpad numbers, and higher speeds throught slalom is because the wheelbase is longer, and this makes it more stable. It has lower polar moment of inertia.

I do believe that I have heard of an all new GT-R in the works, that will also be sold in America. I have heard it will have a V6 and also a V8. We will just have to wait and see. I really don't care unless they make one that is rear drive only. I'm not a fan of AWD/4WD at all. It is only advantageous in less than ideal conditions and surfaces and not nearly as fun or rewarding. I'm a purist I guess.

As for inline 6 versus V6, give me the V6. The only advantage to an inline motor is less vibration. The V6 is shorter and lower and more compact, and can be mounted farther back and lower in the chassis. But as for making power, combustion chambers are combustion chambers. Cylinder heads are where the power comes from, not the configuration of the cylinders themselves.

Now would I pick a 350Z or a G35. Honestly I think the G35 is a prettier car. It is more stable and just as capable as the 350Z. But like I said...I'm a purists and the 350 due to the fact that it has only the two seats, which are mounted an inch lower appeals to the purist in me. Plus I can get the Track model for still less than a G35 Coupe. I have to go with the 350Z Track.

Comment

A few corrections. "through" not "throught."

A less confusing thing to say would have been either a V6 or a V8.

And I can't believe I put motor! What is wrong with me!? That is another pet peeve of mine. It's an engine!

That's everyting. I think.

Comment

Re: no opinion

Originally posted by shmately350z
                      The g35 is slower, has a loser chasis, and is heavier.
                      But hey it's your opinion. I took a g35 owner for a ride in my z, he told me it was a lot stiffer and faster(gear ratios maybe), he also told me to slow down after a few good drifts. He said he wish he got a Z. BUT HEY IT"S YOUR OPINON. If you want a luxury car get a G. If you want a sports car get a Z.

shmately

ps if the g35 is so great how come they already made a 350Z gt500 race car. Where are the G35 race cars?they dont exist!
                      All that luxury crap weighs it down.. Its alright though, a real drifter strips everything he doesnt like out anyways...

As for the GT500 i cant believe i just heard that.. they are very very similar cars, nearly identical, there isnt a GT500 versons because the Z is there image car, thats the one you race, and you dont race two different but identical cars in a race series like that.You race your image cars and little else, not the luxury versions of the same car.

and for the record i do think the G35 looks alittle better, both cars are cool though they have a look that needs to grow on you but when it does.

Comment

The G35 has my vote.

how many of ya have seen a 4 door skyline??????
                        I've driven a 4 door skyline

Comment

This is just a random thought about the G35... has anyone tried to put like R34 or R33 lights on it? I saw the taillights one night and just pondered that... anyhow G35 all the way!!

Comment

Is that what you want out of car? too look good? Sorry but I could care less how it looks,I care how it performs. The Z has a chasis stiff enough to make you g35er *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* your pants.

Comment

you talk like there totally different cars. Thats foolish, i supose its because you own a Z car you think its leagues beyond anything else.

And yes considering how similar the cars are i do think looks mater, Besides drifting is about personality, Your personal style, your personal choice in car, your personal flair. Its all about personal preference, and part of that personality is the look of the car.

Comment

Well, I respect your opinion. But does the Z really look that bad?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X