Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im sure it was a joke that why he put the smiley face..

And like I said on Emeralds website, She was the best part of that show and looked good, and her car is the sexx.

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u
      I really hope you know Emerald personally and this is all a joke, if not you are pretty messed up dude.
      Nope don't know her... and nope not joking!!!

Yah... I'm a jerk!
      Last edited by CleanS14; 06-15-2006, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Drift Future

If you all want to know what it's really about. Go to a local event and meet some real drivers, not movie stars.
        Quoted for the truth..

Comment

My friend called me and told me about something bow wow said and we started cracking up. Some crap about "it needs to be a fly car" . Atleast he uses drifter lingo

Comment

Originally posted by DRIFTER-M
            My friend called me and told me about something bow wow said and we started cracking up. Some crap about "it needs to be a fly car" . Atleast he uses drifter lingo
            Bow Wow is a poser...
            "I need a car I can drift..."
            "I have to look good when I drift in it"

He just sat in the passenger seat... or I don't even think there was a seat in the RSR S2K. I actually thought he was going to try and drive the car...

...but whatever he's rich and gets bitches... at least that's cool!

Comment

yeah theres a passenger seat in the s2k.. haha i missed the episode guess i didn't miss much..

Comment

Theres definately a passenger seat..I went on a ride along in that car back when Alex was still driving it.

Is it true that Bow Wow bought the car off RS-R? I know they bulit a new one for Tyler so did they really sell the first one to Bow? Anyone know?

Comment

yeah, i think he did...another frankie muniz...btw, there were some really nice cars hitting the track in the show, like show quality cars doing really nice drifts....too bad i wouldn't know how often show quality cars hit the track since there ISN'T any drift events in south florida anymore............................

Comment

Originally posted by CleanS14
                    Nope don't know her... and nope not joking!!!

Yah... I'm a jerk!
                    Two comments, if I may:

The comment about the cars showing up to the first casting call:
                    Tanner was not at the second casting call. He was at the first. I was not there, but from what I saw, there was a mix of some good cars...and some ricey ones, too. Perhaps his comments were taken out of context (Universal tends to accept some interesting edits of film clips). The cars that actually ended up being used were all super high quality...no rice...hachi rokus, drift race cars, Signal cars, Falken cars, VIP cars, Supras, 240s drift-style galore, it was a good, good mix.

To //AMG: While it would be easy for me to bad mouth my competitor (who ran the first casting call), I think it's only fair to say that they tried their best to attract good cars. In the end, they were sold a bill of goods from production team members that overstepped their bounds and that, coupled with inexperiece led them to make assertions and claims without ever having a contract in hand. A rookie mistake, but their intentions were to populate the movie with good cars. I can't fault them for that aspect.

The comments about Emerald:
                    She is a class act, so is Verena Mei and unless you've met them both, where the hell do people get of judging others without ever having met them? Don't tell me you're drawing your conclusions based just on what you see/read on the internet? While they may not be the two top drivers in drifting, they never claim to be. They are classy ladies with a keen interest in promoting the sport and living their dreams. Wish more ladies would follow their lead.

To Universal's credit, this film is populated with cameos of some of our favorite personalities in the sport.

With respect to Fast, Inc...I've seen the show and done some consulting for Fast Ahsley's years ago. Seem like cool guys but the show offers a keen insight into the world of casting/locating cars:

You never, ever say "no, I don't have it" (because you know you can get it)
                    Studios lie, lie, lie, cheat, cheat, cheat, deceit, deceit, deceit...you play them as much as they play you.
                    Last but not least, no matter how stupid the client, you always give them what they want (hell, West Coast Customs has built an empire building heinous cars for clients with no taste).

That's my two cents.
                    Last edited by craiglieberman; 06-16-2006, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by craiglieberman
                      The comments about Emerald:
                      She is a class act, so is Verena Mei and unless you've met them both, where the hell do people get of judging others without ever having met them? Don't tell me you're drawing your conclusions based just on what you see/read on the internet? While they may not be the two top drivers in drifting, they never claim to be. They are classy ladies with a keen interest in promoting the sport and living their dreams. Wish more ladies would follow their lead.
                      Props to Verena! Met her and drifted at events where she was kicking *Censored**Censored**Censored*... she's cool... I never even mentioned her.

In regard to Emerald's appearance and feature... It's just my opinion... that's all... this is a public forum anyway... so who really cares. I don't think she's hot and I the car is a trailer queen... don't hate me because of the truth.

What it all comes down to... if females are going to present themselves in a public manner... it's to get judged, so I and everyone else have every right to judge them. It's mean to call an ugly chick ugly if she's not even trying to put herself out there... but if she is whoring it up, then we can call it like it is.

and same thing about criticizing her about actually drifting... if she didn't make a big deal out of it, then no one would call her out so much on it. But since SHE'S the one that's always high and mighty about drifting, then of course people are gonna have something to say about that. What do you expect when you coin yourself "DriftGirl".

That's like calling myself "DriftGuy" (*Censored**Censored**Censored* name anyway) and just ending up as one of the internet drifters that make up the whatever% of the online drifting community anyway.

Should've cut out Emerald and that S2k and photoshopped in Nadine or Verena with their cars... just my $0.02

And I admit... I am a jerk!!!
                      Last edited by CleanS14; 06-16-2006, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CleanS14
                        And I admit... I am a jerk!!!

The episode was cool. The people were great to work with and professional.

In regards to them using my car: I flew into LA a few times to shoot all of that with my cars back in Seattle. Im not sure why this CleanS14 kid (who I dont know) is jaw jackin...but thats cool. The Soarer 'show car, Drift car' whatever....Its the car you act like you dont see at the stoplight

Seems to be a bigger deal to you, than it is to me. I happen to own 3 Drift cars in addition to that Soarer and a few other rides. I dont have to use the same car for everything...im sorry thats so hard for you to understand at this point in your life.
                        The fact that you see the Soarer everywhere is just because its hot in the scene right now. People can hate on it or love it. but the fact is, it was done before it was trendy to build one. A few people were pissed at the SuperStreet article because I let it be known my car was @ the top of the food chain (at the time) in the US. People think its new, but I built it 2 years ago and havent touched it since. Very few were pissed, but they cant deny it. I work hard.

I see custom Soarer parts on peoples cars that came from MY company...SURPRISE!. Didnt know it was my name behind it...and yes, thats my real birth name

If you knew anything about me, you'd know my dedication to the sport, and My love for building cars. I build my own, I race and Drift my own. I even build cars for other people now.....

I just turned down a paid gig last night to have my car at a theater for the FF3 opening and another Gig (unpaid) that just wanted me to show up and bring down one of the cars down to oregon.

The reason I turned both down? Drifting I spent the entire evening breaking in my Coupe at the track. It was more important to me to get my seat time and lock in my skills.... I dont have time to sit online and gossip like a lil *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* about someone I dont even know or have never talked to.

Am I the best? No.
                        Can I hold my own? Yes
                        Am I getting better? Everyday

Maxim: EVERY model. I dont care who it is, would love to shoot with them. if they say otherwise, they're lying to themselves and everyone else. I opted away from Playboy because I dont shoot nudes...Their people are great BTW and treated me well, even after I backed out.

My only reservation was that I dont do modeling at Import shows, so I was kinda uneasy about shooting with sum car other then my own. The car was hot and the owner was cool tho Plus, who am I to say no to Maxim

About Fast Ashleys: Do sum research on these guys first. You're entitled to your opinion, but atleast know what youre talkin about.

Also, It was only episode #2 folks!!. Give the show a chance to develop LoL!

I loved working with them and it was cool to be around REAL people that have a passion for cars.

Anywayz,

I cant be everything to everyone....I dont even try, I'm just ME. Im not gonna try to get along with the the world and make sure everybody like me....I could try, but that aint me.

Some like it, a few dont....Both motivate me.

Comment

Thanks for the props on Maxim and FAST INC. everybody!!

The support is great and it really motivates me...To be the best that I can be out there.

I wont let you guys down.

And a BIG thank you to Craig! I cant wait to see the car on the bigscreen tonight...for all of 3 seconds...it was soooo worth it!

you did a great job casting the cars used in the film. Many Ive only drooled over in Magazines and videos. I dont think people will have a problem with the cars in FF3.

The funniest part was when that guy tried to sneak his honda Civic on the set and you caught him! "uh, not in this film buddy"!
                          Last edited by DriftGirl; 06-16-2006, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DriftGirl
                            Im not sure why this CleanS14 kid (who I dont know) is jaw jackin...but thats cool.

Seems to be a bigger deal to you, than it is to me. I happen to own 3 Drift cars in addition to that Soarer and a few other rides. I dont have to use the same car for everything...im sorry thats so hard for you to understand at this point in your life.

I just turned down a paid gig last night to have my car at a theater for the FF3 opening and another Gig (unpaid) that just wanted me to show up and bring down one of the cars down to oregon.

Am I the best? No.
                            Can I hold my own? Yes

I cant be everything to everyone....I dont even try, I'm just ME. Im not gonna try to get along with the the world and make sure everybody like me....I could try, but that aint me.

Like I said I'm a jerk...

If you don't like my opinion that's fine... It's not a big deal to me... I'm simply stating what I think on a public forum.

Nobody asked about how many cars you owned, how many gigs you might have/get or anything like that... I only said I don't think you're hot and would've rather seen someone else featured with a different car... my opinion.

That's cool you are who you are... I'm just stating that aesthetically... you're just not that great looking to me... and the comment about the car if you misunderstood wasn't directed toward your "Soarer", but the S2k in the shoot which was a trailer queen... not a "Drift Car"... again my opinion

I'm just one of those ZT jerks... you know... the ones that are critical about everything and talk mad ish about you and have tons of opinions

But mad props for getting into Maxim... I'M SERIOUS ABOUT THAT! cuz man you beat out a lot of HOTTT chicks to get in there!!!

[PIC DELETED BY MODERATOR]
                            Funny thing a friend of mine said: "At the end of the day one of these chicks can take her face off"

I'm done... I won't reply anymore because everything I say is useless!
                            Last edited by CleanS14; 06-16-2006, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DriftGirl
                              The episode was cool. The people were great to work with and professional.

In regards to them using my car: I flew into LA a few times to shoot all of that with my cars back in Seattle. Im not sure why this CleanS14 kid (who I dont know) is jaw jackin...but thats cool. The Soarer 'show car, Drift car' whatever....Its the car you act like you dont see at the stoplight

The fact that you see the Soarer everywhere is just because its hot in the scene right now. People can hate on it or love it. but the fact is, it was done before it was trendy to build one. A few people were pissed at the SuperStreet article because I let it be known my car was @ the top of the food chain (at the time) in the US. People think its new, but I built it 2 years ago and havent touched it since. Very few were pissed, but they cant deny it. I work hard.

I see custom Soarer parts on peoples cars that came from MY company...SURPRISE!. Didnt know it was my name behind it...and yes, thats my real birth name

If you knew anything about me, you'd know my dedication to the sport, and My love for building cars. I build my own, I race and Drift my own. I even build cars for other people now.....

The reason I turned both down? Drifting I spent the entire evening breaking in my Coupe at the track. It was more important to me to get my seat time and lock in my skills.... I dont have time to sit online and gossip like a lil *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* about someone I dont even know or have never talked to.

Am I the best? No.
                              Can I hold my own? Yes

Maxim: EVERY model. I dont care who it is, would love to shoot with them. if they say otherwise, they're lying to themselves and everyone else. I opted away from Playboy because I dont shoot nudes...Their people are great BTW and treated me well, even after I backed out.

My only reservation was that I dont do modeling at Import shows, so I was kinda uneasy about shooting with sum car other then my own. The car was hot and the owner was cool tho Plus, who am I to say no to Maxim

About Fast Ashleys: Do sum research on these guys first. You're entitled to your opinion, but atleast know what youre talkin about.

Also, It was only episode #2 folks!!. Give the show a chance to develop LoL!

I loved working with them and it was cool to be around REAL people that have a passion for cars.

Anywayz,

I LOVE EMERALD IGNACIO! I LOVE VERENA MEI!

To think...I knew Emerald before she was rich and famous! Very sorry you chose not to do Playboy...who doesn't love a naked pretty girl? LOL But honestly, it might've been weird for me to see a friend (almost like a sister) in that magazine. Kudos to you for sticking to your principles.

Class acts...two of the greatest young ladies in the sport. Hope to run into both of you again soon.

CLEANS14: You're certainly entitled to your opinion...everyone respects that and you've been respectful in your approach. I'm sure you'd defend your friends if you felt they were being called out for something.

It takes a lot of guts, intestinal fortitude and a thick skin to be in the public eye. You have fans, and you have people who aren't fans.

Comment

i have a funny feeling that this thread is a taste of things to come in the next month or so. People who think they know, but dont... people staking claims for stuff they have no actual claim to... petty arguments that end up 3 or 4 pages long because the people in the know are fighting with the people who don't know squat... And everyone is trying to show off how big their body parts are.

damn, this is gonna suck
                                Last edited by Slapshotnerd; 06-16-2006, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X