No announcement yet.

(CNN TONIGHT) DRIFTING Feature (ANDERSON COOPER SHOW) 11:15 EASTERN/8:15 LOCAL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello peeps,HAHAHAHA. Well I saw it Ithink it went over well it didnt really get in depth,wich I think was good,to those that quoted me,my only concern about the movie is the same as a couple others,is that people will go see it wich is great but then they might try to do some of what they just saw= bad news.Also someone spoke about drifting getting riced out,I think it now has that possibility look at anything that hits the big screen. I will agree 100% with JR about the movie.It is what it is,HAHA LOL PEACE

Comment

The movie is going to be great entertainment and also great to the sport of drifting. Controversies about illegal street drifting is going to arise with or without the movie. The important thing here is to educate people about drifting and get them to do it at the tracks!

Hope the movie could open the eyes of city officials and permit more events held at the tracks and parking lots. There are still so many red tapes in organizing events, especially in Nor Cal.

Enjoy the movie for what it's worth. Be positive about it and try to tell people around you to do it at the track and not on the streets!
      Hubert Young
      KORE 8 Films

Comment

The feature is on CNN.com

http://www.cnn.com/video/partners/cl....drifting.affl

Comment

Im at the point where fighting mainstream punks are not worth it anymore. I joined these forums for the sole purpose of not getting this sport mixed up with FNF. Personally I think its actually working, I dont see overtly people trying to act cool just cus they saw it in a movie let alone on tv (G4). and people understand that this sport is alot harder than just rippin through gears all day long.

Im not as worried as i may have been maybe three years ago when drifting hit the states, and when FNF was proposed to release another sequel.

As long as johnny law doesnt bother me, im cool.

Comment

well if you fkrs missed it just tune in to headline news today....it aires like once an hour or whatevs. i posted a thread so you pplz would know that it was on now but it was locked...

Comment

I'm an Industry guy, and I saw the movie last night. I must say it was a good MOVIE. Thats all it is a movie. We will certainly seen an increase in people interested in drifting. And I think JR has the right idea about how to approach the increased exposure within the mainstream. Those of you that worry about increased attention from the police. If you drive a modified car your already a target, but there is no way to tell a drifter from any other car enthusiast. So if you don't want drifting to gain attention from the police. Keep that *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* off the streets, and take it to the track. I think on a mainstream basis this is going to do a lot for drifting and the automotive aftermarket in a whole. Everytime they have released a F&F there has been a huge spike within the industry. Along with a lot more interest from non endemic companies/brands. When that happens hopefully they will consult with industry leaders to make sure this is done in a proper manner and not in that smash and grab tactic which would produce nothing but negative results. I remember reading wired a while back where they did a write up on drifting and they had an interview with Tony Angelo. Tony said something about drifting going the way of X-Games. I think thats where its headed. I for one am excited about the further development of the this awesome sport and this industry.

Comment

Great feedback. More media coming to Sonoma. Lets give them the proper extra weight in their undies

Comment

Working...
                X