No announcement yet.

G4's HORRIBLE FORMULA D Coverage......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeha i dont nkow what happened to G4 this year i was so let down at the long beach coverage and then ATL and chi con and sonoma i thouhgt sumone just gave up on the show well hopefully next year the coverage will be alot better

Comment

Wow I was worried that i was the only one who felt like that. I sat there wondering if there was something wrong with me, not enjoying drift coverage on tv. I think the problem is they think Option's D1 style coverage is too raw and won't interest anyone except us true enthusiasts. Remember they are not just looking for viewers who drift or are in the industry, they want big tv numbers that make sponsors happy. Unfortunately G4 thinks gimmicks and comedy need to be thrown in the mix to please those who want to watch the show but may not be satisfied with plain old footage of the event. It's hard to gauge what all the people who watch think because they are not all so deep into drifting they've seen Option videos or go on forums, etc. Remember a big Hollywood movie just came out and not everyone who saw it is drifting in real life.

Comment

Originally posted by EASTBAYMX-5
        Wow I was worried that i was the only one who felt like that. I sat there wondering if there was something wrong with me, not enjoying drift coverage on tv. I think the problem is they think Option's D1 style coverage is too raw and won't interest anyone except us true enthusiasts. Remember they are not just looking for viewers who drift or are in the industry, they want big tv numbers that make sponsors happy. Unfortunately G4 thinks gimmicks and comedy need to be thrown in the mix to please those who want to watch the show but may not be satisfied with plain old footage of the event. It's hard to gauge what all the people who watch think because they are not all so deep into drifting they've seen Option videos or go on forums, etc. Remember a big Hollywood movie just came out and not everyone who saw it is drifting in real life.
        Good points. I can understand trying to reach out to more than just the pure drifting enthusiasts, but at the same time they make drifting look more like a fad, than an serious motorsport. Drifting is growing every year, and more and more big sponsors are getting involved. There are still alot of people that still think that drifting is a joke, and when they turn on there tv and see one of the comentators peeking behind the transport trucks looking for "game faces", or an episode of blind date , then it takes away from the sport. I would think that more sponsors would be pleased to see the car they are sponsoring on TV, than a comedy skit.

Comment

You know,

Last year when G4 first started covering Formula D. Someone from G4 actually came on here for feedback from us to help make the coverage better.

So far since the season started this year I haven't seen that guy come back and post at all.

I think this might have something to do with why the quality of the broadcast is starting to go down-hill.

He was always pretty good about improving whatever he thought was lacking based on the feedback he got from us.

Im sure if he saw this thread things would change pretty fast.
          Last edited by MonkeySlide; 07-19-2006, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeySlide
            You know,

Last year when G4 first started covering Formula D. Someone from G4 actually came on there for feedback from us to help make the coverage better.

So far since the season started this year I haven't seen that guy come back and post at all.

I think this might have something to do with why the quality of the broadcast is starting to go down-hill.

He was always pretty good about improving whatever he thought was lacking based on the feedback he got from us.

Im sure if he saw this thread things would change pretty fast.
            I feel guilty as hell that I forgot his name, he used to come up and say hello to me.

He's no longer working with G4/FD. Last time I saw him, he was working with Speed TV.

-Al

Comment

Originally posted by Al
              I feel guilty as hell that I forgot his name, he used to come up and say hello to me.

He's no longer working with G4/FD. Last time I saw him, he was working with Speed TV.

-Al
              Ah that would make sense. Well who ever the new guy is needs to come to this board.

There is no reason why the G4 coverage can't be the same quality or better than D1 videos.

EDIT: WOW...ok I think I just figured out why things are starting to suck..

G4 actually has a section on their Forum for Formula D and the majority of the people posting are magnificant NEWBS!!!!

They have a "suggestion" thread so I "suggest" that all of us get on that board..make ourselves known and start "suggesting"!!

Oh and just in case you think Im over-reacting to the situation..here is one of the posts made by someone in the suggestion thread:

Originally posted by thewheelman83
              I don't know if this suggestion has been brought up before but here goes, let's do a show on Initial D, how it's related not only drifting but Keiichi Tsuchiya, who is the supervisor editor for the Initial D : Fourth Stage, after all he is the "Drift King"
              It's up to us to stop the bleeding!! get on that board and post NOW!

http://forums.g4tv.com/categories.cfm?catid=70
              Last edited by MonkeySlide; 07-19-2006, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Al

-Al

hey man his name is Rossi Morale and his pretty damn cool from what i can see but yeha hes on Speed now with Jason Britton on SUPERBIKES! its n b4 pinks

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeySlide
                  Ah that would make sense. Well who ever the new guy is needs to come to this board.

There is no reason why the G4 coverage can't be the same quality or better than D1 videos.

EDIT: WOW...ok I think I just figured out why things are starting to suck..

G4 actually has a section on their Forum for Formula D and the majority of the people posting are magnificant NEWBS!!!!

They have a "suggestion" thread so I "suggest" that all of us get on that board..make ourselves known and start "suggesting"!!

Oh and just in case you think Im over-reacting to the situation..here is one of the posts made by someone in the suggestion thread:

It's up to us to stop the bleeding!! get on that board and post NOW!

http://forums.g4tv.com/categories.cfm?catid=70
                  Seems like they delete anything remotely negative

Comment

yeah G4 FD coverage fail!! i was totaly disapointed there trying to be a main race show like (F1,nascar,lemans) but they just don't have the it factor for that!!!

i totaly loved the underground verison last year where we got to see every run each driver made pllleeaassseee!!! bring it back!!

the new version blah!!!!

Comment

well, make suggestions... dont just bash the show. (I dont know if thats what was happening, because the posts were definitely deleted.

Seriously. constructive negativity isnt getting removed from the feedback thread.

Comment

post links to this thread in that forum.

Comment

Mike Peters do you mind if I post your quote on their forum?

It would be nice to have a separate show dedicated to qualifying
                          Last edited by my 1 88 u; 07-20-2006, 10:07 AM.

Comment

sure go for it.

Comment

Thats funny. They won't let you put a negative coment about the show, but the'll let racial coments go. Taken from one of the posts in there thread...

I agree with luftrofl the commentators are not good plus I cant even heard the cars just the nig and the white boy. Makes no sense piss me off and they think there judges or something

Comment

Originally posted by 5150 Drifter
                                Well, i attened round for in Sonoma, and just say the coverage on G4. Wow. Though i'm surpised, and glad that they acctually cover the "one more time between Sam, and Ken, they missed out on the "one more time" between Casper, and obuto. Also missed Mike peters slaming his LS1 S13 into the wall! They don't even show the full top 16 runs. They ussually only show one run of the tandem battles.

Makes me wonder what i missed in the last 3 rounds. And the comentaors??? All i can say is Jrod, please come back.
                                I wanted to see this on tv... Sorry Mike! G4 needs to bring back the fun!

Comment

Working...
                                X