ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN 2 D1 GRAND PRIX BROADCAST (JULY 27th)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who produced the show? Do they plan on covering the upcoming D1 events? What would it take to have a prime time spot for the show?
    Last edited by my 1 88 u; 07-27-2006, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u
      Who produced the show? Do they plan on covering the upcoming D1 events? What would it take to have a prime time spot for the show?
      Update from D1 productions;

D1 filmed, ESPN edited
      No other D1 events are scheduled to be covered by ESPN at this time.

Comment

lol ESPN was kool stright to the point .

G4 seems like they keep explaining everything lol every round over and over again . but i guess anything to take up a whole hour .

Comment

The JDM version of Christopher Walkins was awesome too, you could tell Japanese was his naitive language. Yeah, its pretty sad that ESPN can do better coverage in a half hour, than G4 does in 1.5 hours.

Comment

lets just hope that G$ really does look at what a good job ESPN did and it doesnt matter that D1 filmed it look at how they edited it down to a 1/2 hour and made a great show that anyone can watch with how having every thing explained to them over and over again......g4 kinda formats the show the same way and also another plus for ESPN NO FREAKIN GAME FACES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FireEmblem62
              The JDM version of Christopher Walkins was awesome too, you could tell Japanese was his naitive language. Yeah, its pretty sad that ESPN can do better coverage in a half hour, than G4 does in 1.5 hours.

LOL...I know. I only saw the Formula D stuff on G4 a couple times but I really did not like it. They act, even though I have been watching drifting for years, like THEY invented it. They over explain and analyze everything over and over. And that 2F2F looking intro with the cartoon drifters all sweating and "battling"...I just don’t like it. And yes I know that they have to explain stuff so that new people to it can get it but come on...

Anyhow, where can I see this ESPN footy seeing as I can’t see it on TV? HOOK IT UP. lol

Comment

ESPN did a great job! no wonder D1 filmed it...

Hey
                of course as compared to G4, ESPN did a great job and as D1 has years of experience shooting drifting it showed. Now D1 will still sell videos in the States as this 1/2 hour show does not show the whole thing. It was a bit short but we'll have to buy the DVD to get the rest of the story.

Sad, we probably wont have prime time drifting in this country for a while, but in the US I hope they can find some big sponsors and put it in prime time soon... G4 is just not cutting it and Formula D is sometime too fake or questionable in the calls, the judging, or even the amount of talent - But look where we are now vs a few years back so we'r making progress

However...This is too much of a buddy system still. Hopefully the more people get involved the better it will get, if folks let new ideas in.

Any how, Thx for Drifting.
                Anguile Bruno

Comment

Did anyone record this? I would love to get a copy to check it out!
                  www.driftalliance.com
                  TEAM FALKEN

Comment

I did >_< but I deleted all my videos because I thought they were crap! heh...my bad.

I didn't know Option did all the video work...that explains why it was so good

Comment

Thanks for the Info....

Did anyone record it and not delete it? I def wanna see it and dont feel like waiting till september.
                      www.driftalliance.com
                      TEAM FALKEN

Comment

Originally posted by j.r.
                        Thanks for the Info....

Did anyone record it and not delete it? I def wanna see it and dont feel like waiting till september.
                        my cablebox botched the recording 2/3 thru so I deleted it, sorry. I guess that's the down side to espn, no reasonable airtime + lack of re-runs
                        Last edited by my 1 88 u; 08-01-2006, 01:30 PM.

Comment

it's on my TiVo now... and I just burnt it to DVD.
                          As with the Formula D season thusfar.

If that helps anyone...

Comment

Originally posted by j.r.
                            Thanks for the Info....

I have it on my cablebox/recorder. Either I figure out how to get it off there, or you come by the house. If you don't mind comeing to Ohio. Also you could tell me about that sweet thunderbird I hear you tried out in Jersey.

Comment

Thanks guys. someone has one in the mail on the way to my house. i appreciatte it!!!

Regarding the Thunderbird!!! it was sweet. needs some stiffer suspension but was a serious challenge to toss around! I had a blast in it for sure
                              www.driftalliance.com
                              TEAM FALKEN

Comment

ESPN2 LAS VEGAS D1 BORADCAST

LAS VEGAS D1 EVENT
                                AT ESPN2
                                Sep. 28 at 14:00-14:30(ET)]

Comment

Working...
                                X