ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NASCAR DRIVERS Training to DRIFT (PHOTOS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NASCAR DRIVERS Training to DRIFT (PHOTOS)

Idk about that mustang...

Comment

OMG ITS POSSIBLE!!! NASCAR DRIVER CAN DRIVE THE OTHER WAY!!!

LMAo

j/k j/k

Comment

lol, used and abused bondurant mustangs ftw.

Comment

I hope thats not a car they'll use to compete?

atleast they've got the right tires

Still debating on making the trip down to see it.....

Comment

Originally posted by DriftGirl
            I hope thats not a car they'll use to compete?

atleast they've got the right tires

Still debating on making the trip down to see it.....
            Seeing how Mopar and probably to some extent Dodge are sponsoring this event, I highly doubt that the NASCAR guys are going to be competing in Ford Mustangs.

The fact that there are pictures of Dodge NASCAR drivers training in Ford Mustangs is a tad bit on the bad side of PR in my opinion, but whatever.

This event is gonna be huge.

I dont think motorsports has ever seen a culture clash such as this.

Big ups to Mopar and D1 for putting this together..especially since its for charity..I think that is the best part out of all this.

Comment

D1 is providing the cars.

Comment

that is greg biffle. he is a ford driver. there are no pictures of any dodge drivers in a ford.

this car was just a training tool. the nascar guys did pretty good and will have more practice in a real drift car the day of the event.

you guys should remember that this is good for the sport of drifting and at the end of the day 100% of the proceeds goes to charity. the nascar guys have a lot of respect for drifters and this is a great example of it.

kasey kahne wanted to create a charity event that was fun for everyone. drift fans should appreciate the fact that nascar guys take drifting seriously and think it is really cool.

i am one of kasey kahne's managers and one of the promoters of the event.

i hope to see you guys there. regardless if you think nascar is lame or not we will still have the best drifters in the world competeing against each other for bragging rights.

Comment

i'm curious as to where they were practicing at, it looks like an ISC track logo in the background?

Comment

Originally posted by JacobChills
                    that is greg biffle. he is a ford driver. there are no pictures of any dodge drivers in a ford.

this car was just a training tool. the nascar guys did pretty good and will have more practice in a real drift car the day of the event.

you guys should remember that this is good for the sport of drifting and at the end of the day 100% of the proceeds goes to charity. the nascar guys have a lot of respect for drifters and this is a great example of it.

kasey kahne wanted to create a charity event that was fun for everyone. drift fans should appreciate the fact that nascar guys take drifting seriously and think it is really cool.

i am one of kasey kahne's managers and one of the promoters of the event.

i hope to see you guys there. regardless if you think nascar is lame or not we will still have the best drifters in the world competeing against each other for bragging rights.

hey im curious, what are they driving, are they sharing d1 cars?

does kasey ahve any plans to build a car of his own to drift in for fun when hes not busy? i think that'd be pretty sweet if some the nascar guys picked itup as a hobby and built some american cars.

it really is great though to see them out there to have some fun. hopefully it will open peoples eyes to the fact drifting is not much more than having fun.

Comment

Still trying to decide if I am going but it will def be one of the better events in a long time!

Comment

Originally posted by JacobChills
                        My mistake..I figured since it was a Mopar thing that all the drivers on the NASCAR side would be from Dodge teams.

Are we not going to find out what cars the NASCAR guys will be driving until the day of the event? It seems pretty hush hush. All we know is that D1 is providing the cars

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeySlide
                          My mistake..I figured since it was a Mopar thing that all the drivers on the NASCAR side would be from Dodge teams.

Are we not going to find out what cars the NASCAR guys will be driving until the day of the event? It seems pretty hush hush. All we know is that D1 is providing the cars

The cars have not been confirmed at this time.

Comment

i think it woudl be cool to see what style cars the nascar guys would build given freedom to build whatever they wanted with say a formula drift and d1 rulebook to follow, and how they went about building it.

Comment

Got a short interview with Greg up on driftlive.com

http://www.driftlive.com/?p=332

Give it a look.

Comment

Working...
                              X