No announcement yet.

What are you Guys/Girls Driving?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

josh18_2k: I know nothing about the RX7 Line....tell me more about these conversions!!! Web links? engine pix???

Comment

v8 rx7

with Granny's Speed Shop's conversion kits you can put just about any ford or chevy small block in any rx7.
      http://members.tripod.com/~grannys/
      I think i'm gonna do the LT1 w/ 6 speed combo (from mid 90's camaro) cause it's fuel injected (goody!), way cheaper than LS1 or LS6 (o god, now thats expensive!). the 6 speed cause its cool, geared perfect, and it fits the best of all trannys. shifter sits in the same place as stock! how nice.
      now you got me all excited thinkin about it... damn. it really sucks sitting here in korea with no car. i cant wait to go home!!!
      heres a page of some dude who did it already. his videos make his car look slow, but they say you can get 12's right outta the box (so to speak). enjoy!
      http://www.thewrongmotor.com

Comment

Thats insane!! I'll never look at those cars the same way again!!

Comment

i was totally excited when i first heard about the conversion. after some searcing i noticed something. seems that every v8 rx7 out there (or at least all the ones on the internet) are completely stock aside from the engine, or made super-*Censored**Censored**Censored* (raised with bullet wheels off some old mustang? what is that?). i have yet to find one with any real suspension mods, or even camber or that matter. v8 seems to be synonomous with drag racing. i might take it to the 1320 outta curiousity, but its purpose will still be cornering. i'd love to take it to a drift event. oh the look on their faces when i pop the hood...

Comment

If this is yours...... I'M FEELING IT!!!..... if not , well I'M STILL FEELING IT!!!

one question what kind or lets say make are those rims ... i'm looking for 19" alloys for the Z.... but i am digging those chrome shoes!!!
            holla back and fill me in playa!!!!

Comment

unfortunately thats not my car (tear). mines still plain mazda with lil paint chips all over. that's GP Sports' show car. i dunno what kinda rims those are but im liken em

these are similair i guess... ive been eyeballin em lately
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Nexusbeta
                Unless your name is Emerald and you live in Seattle, WA. that's not a replica of your car, are you Ms. emerald

Comment

im not currentyly driving, i sorta spun out and crashed my supra

not really totaled but fixable.

Comment

'79 Celica (rwd).

Comment

Domestics

Comment

traitor!

rotary vehicles should stay rotary...by sticking a big dumb american v8 (no offense crazy hawaiin) you will be effectively ruining the handing of the car-- rotary engine is small and compact which allows for low, behind the axle placement of the engine. To get a v8 to sit low and behind the axles to maintain the proper weight distribution, you'd have to spend a ton of money in fabrication. IE: Jim LaBreck

of course, my opinion is biased since I own a few rotary vehicles

Comment

hmm DriftGirl cough...emerald..cough

Comment

and i'm chunking a

into itthis week.

Comment

Originally posted by CRIZIZ
                              still would love to see some more pictures!!!

Please????

lol

Comment

No offense taken, I agree that a V8 in a RX7 messes up the weight distribution. The LS1 motor is a hefty 497.2 lbs. Though its also true you could do further mods to regain the proper weight distribution but it would be alot of work. But for daily street driving it shouldn't be a problem, the weight distribution becomes important when you roadrace (or drift). It would be a blast to drive around on the street. One of the guys in my car club is planning to do this swap. He's still trying to locate a good T56 tranny. His car is going to haul *Censored**Censored**Censored*!!

Comment

Working...
                                X