ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask US Drift Association/ProAm Drift Something!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a suggestion. Could you guys update your website to have all the venues, dates and links to future events. I almost didn't even hear about the HOD event on the 28th. I paid for that event but haven't seen any updates to your website or DDays website for awhile. I know that everyone is crazy busy and all, but some of us have a hard time scouring the internet everyday waiting for updates and events.
    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by hillkill View Post
      Just a suggestion. Could you guys update your website to have all the venues, dates and links to future events. I almost didn't even hear about the HOD event on the 28th. I paid for that event but haven't seen any updates to your website or DDays website for awhile. I know that everyone is crazy busy and all, but some of us have a hard time scouring the internet everyday waiting for updates and events.
      Thanks
      Drift Association is hosting the final event and the event information is on their site including the driver list:

http://www.driftday.com/Proam3.htm

Comment

yeah, we need some more east coast qualifiers. I dont know why people think cali has the most drifters so thats where everyone else should drive to. or at least that is the impression I get. and PS 4 of the pro drivers in FD came out of events that were ran in NJ (2 are form PA, 1 from Maryland and 1 from New Hampsher) and we have more drivers that have the skill and learning abilities to become Pro drivers if they had the chance to get a license with out having to treverse the entire country. If they could obtain their license on this side of the country, they could then use that to get sponsors, or get more sponsors (if they arleady have some) to help with their costs to build better cars, get more seat time to become better drivers and to do the FD season.
        Our team is sponsored by Dunlop and we don't have a single pro licensed driver on the team (Although 2 or 3 should have a decent chance at getting their license if they could go to a more local event) but our sponsors see potential in the team.
        I think the end all to this retarded discussion would be have licensing qualifiers at just about every track that an FD event will be held, a month before that Pro event. This will help bring out some of the very good local guys for those events. You could even just say that the licensing is only valid for that driver to come back out to that track for that following FD event.
        I know this wouldn't work for LB since that is ran on streets, so use Irwindale then to do the licensing. And probably not the actual track from Chicago but don't they have a decent place that they hold drift events??? NJ of course would use Wall or maybe event E-town which is were some of the top Pro Drivers in FD use to drive as I previously stated.
        I think this is a far more simple solution then telling everyone on the east coast that they have to drive to Cali like Chris and Tony had to 3 years ago to try and qualify.
        So, FD, hook up with who ever is the regional drift promotors in Atlanta, NJ, Florida, and where ever else on the east coast. Send out 3 or 4 judges that will be the same judges at every event. Award 3 to 5 licenses to drivers from each of those areas to allow them to attend the one Pro event that will be in their area so they can try and qualify. If they make it in the top 32 then you could extend their license to the next pro event and it is up to them to make it to it. That sounds a lot more simple then telling everyone else to drive 2500 miles.

Comment

I agree with majority of what you said, but I think anyone planning on going pro should have to demonstrate their ability at more than one event, the qualifiers gave drivers the chance off one event (and those events should be on tracks not parking lots). other than that, good ideas. keep them coming.

Comment

i think simply dividing usa into east and west coast, with a hub in the middle for finals would do the trick...

in 2007.

4-8 regional qualifiers per east/west -> 1east/west finals per coast -> formula drift -> mars attacks drift racers united fight back with tire smoke and broken fiberglass -> mike peters marries anna kournikova -> world peace

Comment

Originally posted by conspire View Post
              I agree with majority of what you said, but I think anyone planning on going pro should have to demonstrate their ability at more than one event, the qualifiers gave drivers the chance off one event (and those events should be on tracks not parking lots). other than that, good ideas. keep them coming.
              I just think the license doesnt mean much if you can't get to other events or if you can't qualify at what could be considered, your own local FD event. In all honesty, a decent driver in the New Jersey area probably has a way better chance to qualify in the top 32 at the Wall event then a driver in Cali has at Irwindale. Two totally diffrent tracks, speeds are way diffrent, lay out way diffrent, and Cali has a more dense population of drifters that might want to try and qualify which slows things down hence the licensing program (aside from keeping people from smashing cars into wall who have no buisness being there trying to qualify, like movie star/model or whoever that dude was last year in the mustang right?) But the Jersey event would draw people from other states since Jersey itself is not populated with a large number of drifters but at the same time not many people could or would be able to make it to that one event. thus keeping the number of cars trying to qualify down. thus not really needing to do licensing..... So, if some team or a driver shows up with a built car (lets use Tracy and Dan as the example), trailer, tires and everything they need and FD knows who they are, knows what they have done in the past, knows they have some type of above average experience and has a major sponsor that is willing to vouce for them that they feel that their drivers stand a chance, why couldn't they try to qualify?
              Point incase, Tony Shcultz crashed at Wall, Dunlop wanted one of our drivers (that has experience from three FD events from the previous year and qualified like 33 34 or something at one of the event where he did not break) to run in qualifiying and FD apperantly said no because of the licensing. Do I think he had a chance to qualify in the top 32, probably not. Did he have previous experience, yes (At Wall Atlanta and Houston from the previous year). Would he have been at risk of having a huge major wreck or what ever the reason is for the licensing, i think not.

What is the actual #1 reason for the licensing thing?? It sure as hell isn't to keep pro racers from car racing series from just coming in and having all kinds of support (although this hasn't really happend like that yet, right??). I figured it was to keep people out who have no idea how to drive but too much money to know other wise.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Peters View Post
                i think simply dividing usa into east and west coast, with a hub in the middle for finals would do the trick...

in 2007.

4-8 regional qualifiers per east/west -> 1east/west finals per coast -> formula drift -> mars attacks drift racers united fight back with tire smoke and broken fiberglass -> mike peters marries anna kournikova -> world peace
                I think that would make sense........ except for that last part i highlighted in bold.

how about a chase for the cup while were at it...... haha
                starting new series' is fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Toycoma
                  Point incase, Tony Shcultz crashed at Wall, Dunlop wanted one of our drivers (that has experience from three FD events from the previous year and qualified like 33 34 or something at one of the event where he did not break) to run in qualifiying and FD apperantly said no because of the licensing. Do I think he had a chance to qualify in the top 32, probably not. Did he have previous experience, yes (At Wall Atlanta and Houston from the previous year). Would he have been at risk of having a huge major wreck or what ever the reason is for the licensing, i think not.
                  Did that driver apply for a provisional ahead of time?

And to me, someone who's 'almost qualified top 32' at one of the 3 events they attended last year isn't very worthy of driving.... especially chicago last year. As long as you didn't crash, you pretty much made top 32. Chicago this year was the same way - everybody who didn't crash drove on saturday.l

Comment

Originally posted by Toycoma View Post
                    I have to totally disagree here. You are honestly complaining about Formula Drift sticking to their guns here?

Nobody is above the law on liscencing this year, and I seriously dont understand why your complaining your "point" here.

I think what you are getting at is maybe a local qualifier type thing? This would take a lot of time and money and resources to pull off, but maybe some sort of re-invention of the provisional liscence that was given out this year. People who are close to making it, are given provisionals for their own region if that region has an event or something maybe.

Either way its Formula D's decision on all this stuff, and I applaud them for sticking to the book on the liscences alllll year.

And on the "other pros coming in" I dont see a problem with it. All of them did pretty well.

On a side note, dont make fun of my life goals. I played tennis in high school we have a lot in common.

Comment

I have to totally disagree here. You are honestly complaining about Formula Drift sticking to their guns here?

Nobody is above the law on liscencing this year, and I seriously dont understand why your complaining your "point" here.
                      i am not complaining my point. i was saying what happened. I didn't feel that he had a chance to qualify in the top 32 and didn't see what the big deal was anyway. just saying what i was told as to what happened.

Comment

On a side note, dont make fun of my life goals. I played tennis in high school we have a lot in common.
                        haha, i was like wtf is he talking about.

Comment

i am not complaining my point. i was saying what happened. I didn't feel that he had a chance to qualify in the top 32 and didn't see what the big deal was anyway. just saying what i was told as to what happened.
                          You're a moron.

That is all.

Comment

Originally posted by Al View Post
                            You're a moron.

That is all.
                            Thanks.

Comment

I do have a question for ProAm Drift/US Drift Association.

When you're considering a track for an event, what are the typical requirements of the track and the facility that ProAm/US Drift place in effect? Also, what are the sanctioning fees, purse structure, and arrangement on gate income?

Comment

what are you trying to say? im confused to the point your trying to make.

Comment

Working...
                                X