No announcement yet.

My car.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If ur planning on getting a SC400 to just swap the motor out, why not get a SC300 with the NA 2JZ engine and boost on it. There is a good support market for that motor and have bolt on kits/ manifolds. A guy I know on another board boosted his SC300, spent 9k on the car and 10k on mods (complete turbo kit, FMIC, standalone, ect ect) and put down 505whp on 94 octane pump gas. He had to detune it due to traction problems and is rolling aorund making 455whp on pump gas. Just an option

Comment

Re: My car.....

Originally posted by DriftGirl
      SOARER / LEXUS SC400

Older pic. With Junsei Body kit:
      DriftGirl's a

HOT BABE!!! BABE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jsigone
        If ur planning on getting a SC400 to just swap the motor out, why not get a SC300 with the NA 2JZ engine and boost on it. There is a good support market for that motor and have bolt on kits/ manifolds. A guy I know on another board boosted his SC300, spent 9k on the car and 10k on mods (complete turbo kit, FMIC, standalone, ect ect) and put down 505whp on 94 octane pump gas. He had to detune it due to traction problems and is rolling aorund making 455whp on pump gas. Just an option [/B]

wider tires duh!

Comment

nice ride, I got a soarer with a 1jz

Comment

Thanks guys

CrazyHawaiian: The LS can run 2 T3's only due to the engine area being cramped ( They'll be totally under the car) MECHTECH has a TT SC400 running at low boost. They had problems tuning the ECU but Ive gotten past that issue a while ago. Theres also a company in Aus. thats comng out with a SuperCharger kit next month for 6,500.00

You're gonna have to go 'custom' to have the manifolds built...not a well supported engine

I almost went ahead and started a TT on it a few months ago, but ended up selling the 2 T3's on Ebay and started looking into another turbo design.

I want to turbo the 1uz...just to 'say that I did it'

Comment

Originally posted by Boosted
              nice ride, I got a soarer with a 1jz
              ...And you're in Japan!! LUCKY LUCKY LUCKY!!!

Comment

change those wheels...they look like civic offset and civic width.

You need something along the lines of 18 or 19x11 in the rear and 18 x 9 in the front.

well..at least you wont have to worry about reliability...the cast iron 1UZ-FE block is arguably one of the most reliable v8s out there.

Comment

yeah, Kinda suxed when I opened the box from Japan.....Wrong offset. at 18x8.5 (they only go up to 18's...which also sucked!)

Wouldnt have been worth the effort to send them back..took too long to get here in the first place.

I have Traffic Star rims in 19x9 and 19x10 that I may use on it

Comment

ugh that offset and width of those wheels sucks

Comment

Originally posted by NiteKids
                      Uhh, I think we've gone through that part already.....

Thanks for playing tho

Comment

Originally posted by NiteKids
                        Did you miss the post where I said the car had TrafficStar DTS by Work of Japan in 19 x9's & 10's? Or the fact that CARVING sent the wrong offsets?
                        It's not like I flew to Japan and hand picked the offset...they sent the wrong one and it took a long time to get here....I just ate the cost on the wheels (the only ones in the US BTW) and ordered another set...and was lucky that they got the order right.

BTW: That knock-off body kit from VIS on your car is like ugh too
                        Last edited by DriftGirl; 06-30-2003, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Knock off kit from VIS? Dang I paid too much for my D1GP Bumper from Japan then!

I didn't know VIS front bumpers cost over 500 dollors! *GASP!

Comment

Posting my car picture was an open invitation for critics...That i can deal with and like. I've done 3 full JDM body kits in about 5 months and always make changes to my cars...a lot coming from people that give helpful info,opinion or advice.....

Forum bashing is childish and pathetic, so Take the lead from Mr. Sparkle on critiqing a car like a man and not a little boy.

BTW, "Mr.Know-it-all"...$500 isnt that much money for a full front bumper coming from Japan.

I dont have any beef w/you.......just lettin' you know.

Not gonna get into a 'pissing match' ...You do know what they say about "Living in a glass house" dont you?

~DG

Comment

Don't pee on the windows?? Ehh... I don't get it.

*note the sarcasm.....

Comment

sc300

wow i have a sc300 5spd i can drift it woohoo good luck with your sc i think i saw u in a another forum in club lexus where did u get those carbon fiber hood and trunk i want it for my car

Comment

Working...
                                X