350Z Powered 240SX !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tyndago View Post
    Looks good. Glad to see you are trying to use the factory ECU. I was wondering how pissed off it would be without the rest of the CAN around.

I think the VQ should be the next big swap. Lots of cars with the engine. Good displacement.Good torque. The aftermarket supports it. All aluminum. The next GT-R uses it....

The Turbonetics car is pretty cool. S14 He even kept A/C and PS. It does use an AEM for engine management . The car was shown at SEMA, and at the Autocrave event a couple weeks ago in Pomona. I'm trying to push them to run it in Ultimate Street Car Challenge.
    yup, that's the one. I hear it'll be on the cover of a magazine soon...

if you want his contact info, I have it

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Peters View Post
      the fact that you have 4 hazard switches is the win.

is your hood gonna close?
      once i cut the "skeleton" of the hood out around the intake plenum, it closed fine... the engine sits ~10mm from the xmember/steering rack...

then i installed a plenum spacer for a bit more power and i had to space the rear of the hood about .5"

Comment

nice to see something different done to a 240sx s13/s14 i have to say great job keep it going

Comment

well just waiting on a tiny little smd resistor in my ecu to get this this fired up!

spend the day wetsanding and buffing eveything ive painted. still need a few body panels...

here are some pictures i took with my cell phone:

Comment

very cool i was out testing mine today we have a aem unit and harness if you ever want to ditch that stock headache www.vqswap.com this is it after it came off the dyno http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=2036953331
            Last edited by SDARsupertuner; 06-16-2007, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SDARsupertuner View Post
              very cool i was out testing mine today we have a aem unit and harness if you ever want to ditch that stock headache www.vqswap.com this is it after it came off the dyno http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=2036953331
              i already have the 1900 box in and wired up. have the start up calibrations and all but still having difficulty getting it working...

Comment

The sound is much better on that video. That thing sounds all pissed off. Turbos always quiet down the motor a bit. Headers and a supercharger sounds alright.

Comment

Originally posted by carluch View Post
                  i already have the 1900 box in and wired up. have the start up calibrations and all but still having difficulty getting it working...
                  did you change the pin settings and do the cam mod? if not call me on monday and i will help
                  Last edited by SDARsupertuner; 06-17-2007, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SDARsupertuner View Post
                    did you change the pin settings and do the cam mod? if not call me on monday and i will help
                    everything is wired up according to aem.
                    the left bank cam is modified.
                    everything is set to hall (crank, cam, vss)
                    and all the circuit board crap to use stock coils and all is done.
                    using the aem startup cal files...

i will give you a call, it would be nice to get a fresh set of eyes on this...

Comment

awesome build mike. I think those might be my old taillights. Im the guy that traded you the koukis for an avc-r boost controller, i had topic's old s13 for a while. I cant wait to see that thing run!

Comment

Originally posted by IwantanFC View Post
                        awesome build mike. I think those might be my old taillights. Im the guy that traded you the koukis for an avc-r boost controller, i had topic's old s13 for a while. I cant wait to see that thing run!
                        good call, they definitely are!

Comment

hey im lookin to do this to my street car, could you e-mail me at NH_E_seller@yahoo.com im very interested, will custom motor mount brakets need to be made

Comment

Originally posted by na70sh View Post
                            hey im lookin to do this to my street car, could you e-mail me at NH_E_seller@yahoo.com im very interested, will custom motor mount brakets need to be made
                            you will definitely need custom motor mounts... no big deal really, probably the easiest part of the swap...

Comment

Working...
                            X