No announcement yet.

Predictions - Fd Lb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 15th and 16th drivers scoed 89.58. Miki and gushi were 89.5, dmac was 89.25 . 3 pts either way on 10 drivers would have changed everything.

Btw, ties are broken on entry speed, and I believe the score on the 2nd qualifying run. Neener neener pumpkin wiener

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
      The 15th and 16th drivers scoed 89.58. Miki and gushi were 89.5, dmac was 89.25 . 3 pts either way on 10 drivers would have changed everything.

Btw, ties are broken on entry speed, and I believe the score on the 2nd qualifying run. Neener neener pumpkin wiener
      OK

So if they are willing to have one more times in tandem if there is a 1 point difference in score. Shouldn't they allow competitors run 1 more qualifying runs if there runs are .1 or.2 from the number 16th qualifier?? Just a idea...

I took my girl to the event also, she has never seen competition drifting live. She said that the qualifying round is really boring and they should just go strait into tandem. Maybe Formula D can take note of this coming from a noob fan.

I will also take time to give props to the privateers

Suell

Russakoff

and Ly

Thought it was cool that they all ran consistent lines all day while other higher profile drivers didnt even make the top 32 cut. I hope these guys get more support so they can continue to compete.
      Last edited by Bebop; 04-08-2007, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
        OK

So if they are willing to have one more times in tandem if there is a 1 point difference in score. Shouldn't they allow competitors run 1 more qualifying runs if there runs are .1 or.2 from the number 16th qualifier?? Just a idea...

I took my girl to the event also, she has never seen competition drifting live. She said that the qualifying round is really boring and they should just go strait into tandem. Maybe Formula D can take note of this coming from a noob fan.

Suell

Russakoff

and Ly

Thought it was cool that they all ran consistent lines all day while other higher profile drivers didnt even make the top 32 cut. I hope these guys get more support so they can continue to compete.
        I enjoy the qualifying runs as much if not more than the tandems. If a spectator finds them boring there is nothing keeping them from coming during the break between top 32 qualifying and top 16 tandems. There is an event schedule by the way.

Comment

OK

Suell

Russakoff

and Ly

D1 qualifying is all within a half point for the entire top 16.

Qualifying isn't about 'one more times'. once again, you show favoritism that way. Each run is scored individually, and everything gets sorted out from there. if all the qualifying runs are within 5 points, then GOOD! it shows the competitiveness of the series that way! if each driver is 5 points more than the driver below them, and the 16th ranked driver has a 45, then that's fine too, because that's the way the event is structured.

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u View Post

I hope falken feels bad for what they've done to the second best Hachi on the planet.
            What, painted it and sponsored him? Ask Darren about LB. I hung out with him alot of the event, and basically to summerize his thoughts was that he was still getting used to the format of FD versus D1 and his series back in Ireland. He now has the format pretty well down, and is ready for round 2

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedMachine View Post
              What, painted it and sponsored him? Ask Darren about LB. I hung out with him alot of the event, and basically to summerize his thoughts was that he was still getting used to the format of FD versus D1 and his series back in Ireland. He now has the format pretty well down, and is ready for round 2
              You know I was being facetious right? Of coarse big sponsor means big things. I just wish falken would let the cars have personality.

Comment

Darren's car - i thought they should have flipped the teal / blue on a few cars to help differentiate them... taka or darren's car, the silk road or ross petty's car, etc. That would help... I also was a huge fan of the blue / graphics scheme Darren had before, but sponsorship is what it is.

1 thing to remember - Haraguchi spun / blew a motor in Seattle, and lost drift in the first run against Sam back at Irwindale. This is his 3rd FD event... If Darren takes 3 events to get into the FD groove... that means Summit Point is his for the taking. Overall, I know he was disappointed in his performance, but I'd chalk it up to being THAT competitive of an event! which is absolutely phenomenal for the series!

but whats up with the whole sears thing

they didnt resign with Chris, at that point i thought sears was done with drifting

then i walk in and see a sears/falken solctice....

and see Ben Schwartz in sears racing suit with everyone saying hes the new driver...

I just want to know the circumstances that made Sears not go with a season vet like Chris and get a less experienced driver like Ben, not bad mouthing Ben though... just want to know the details about this.
                From my interpretation of the situation (strictly my interpretation), the option to let Chris Forsberg go was Falken's, not Sears'. It seems as though sears likes having their own team / scheme, and for whatever reason, Ben is that guy for the year. I don't think it's a bad choice at all, and I love the new solstice. Seems like they like the verts, for whatever reason. Can't wait to see it in Atlanta...

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u View Post
                  You know I was being facetious right? Of coarse big sponsor means big things. I just wish falken would let the cars have personality.
                  Word!!!

Wait until you see Hiros new ride... a lot of personalty. Has hiro written all over it, not just falken.

But anywho....

Did anyone else see Toshiki Yoshioka hanging out in Long Beach?

I was walking through the RMR pits and I see this little J dude walk up to Rhys, Rhys was asking him " are you driving" in a half way playful manner. Dude was like no and they had a little conversation which i only picked up bits and pieces of (just small talk). I was thinking too my self "that little bastard looks familiar", by the time I realized who it was I was long away from the Pontiac pit....

Pretty cool siting!
                  Last edited by Bebop; 04-08-2007, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
                    Darren's car - i thought they should have flipped the teal / blue on a few cars to help differentiate them... taka or darren's car, the silk road or ross petty's car, etc. That would help... I also was a huge fan of the blue / graphics scheme Darren had before, but sponsorship is what it is.

1 thing to remember - Haraguchi spun / blew a motor in Seattle, and lost drift in the first run against Sam back at Irwindale. This is his 3rd FD event... If Darren takes 3 events to get into the FD groove... that means Summit Point is his for the taking. Overall, I know he was disappointed in his performance, but I'd chalk it up to being THAT competitive of an event! which is absolutely phenomenal for the series!
                    Regarding the paint, it comes down to marketing. The blue and teal are known for being Falken Motorsports colors, just as is the RMR team with their scheme, JIC for their scheme etc. Falken just has more cars. Sure it would be cool to have individual car schemes for all the cars, but when you are on a team, you usually rock the team colors. Would team orange have been team orange without both cars being orange? I agree that Darrens car looked awesome in its previous scheme, but it still looks different than Takas insane new car.

Darren is going to do really well this year I am betting.

Comment

When will the Speed Machine FD be back? =)

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedMachine View Post
                        Regarding the paint, it comes down to marketing. The blue and teal are known for being Falken Motorsports colors, just as is the RMR team with their scheme, JIC for their scheme etc. Falken just has more cars. Sure it would be cool to have individual car schemes for all the cars, but when you are on a team, you usually rock the team colors. Would team orange have been team orange without both cars being orange? I agree that Darrens car looked awesome in its previous scheme, but it still looks different than Takas insane new car.

Darren is going to do really well this year I am betting.
                        The thing with the falken colors is with the paint scheme, the scheme on all the cars is cool... the colors on all the cars isn't. With that being said, if the cars had the same 2 tone scheme but with diferent colors that would be awesome!!! Hankook has only 3 cars with the same scheme, and 2 of them at use at one event at a time. RMR/Pontiac changed the scheme of there GTO numerous times. I think 3 too be exact. Hiro's chasser is orange and silver with the falken scheme and still looks cool and is never mistaken for another teams car. Same goes for the old discount tires S13 that rocked a red and silver setup. The Quaker green and light green S14 was pretty sweet looking as well. If they painted Haraguchis car a cool two tone black and gold I doubt it would be less popular. Same if they hook D mac up with a blue and red scheme. From a fan stand point all that teal and blue gets kinda old and annoying, seeing that Haraguchi got first and is probably the most valuable falken dude next to Vaughn at this moment I highly doubt we will see a change of color with that car.... but it would be cool too see them paint it yellow with some 18x12 -30s with stretched tires!!! lol

But yea... when are we gonna see the new trend that suppose to change the face of drifting??? Why wait until road Atlanta.... ahhhh Haraguchi in Atlanta. You southerners are in for a treat!!!! You guys better sneak some cameras in and film the whole event for us, ESPN 2 wont be airing FD until November!!!!!!
                        Last edited by Bebop; 04-08-2007, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Uhh..

November is a pretty long time. I REALLLY hope the coverage is good.

Comment

haraguchi new trend = seattle.

just wait. it will be worth it
                            Last edited by Slapshotnerd; 04-09-2007, 06:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by VDMTom View Post
                              When will the Speed Machine FD be back? =)
                              umm Seigo was driving it at LB.......it's back but not for long!

Comment

I predict Haraguchi and Foust in the finals again at Atlanta. Tanner will take his second win here.

Comment

Working...
                                X