Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FD Rd. 6 Points Deduction for Rhys Millen

As Quoted By Rhys
    "So today I received a letter from Randy the technical steward at "Formula D". It stated that I was being assessed a points penalty of 17 points and a fine of $500.00 for my brake lights failing to pass post race inspection at round six, New Jersey. It started out to be 34 points ( all competition points for the event ) but was dropped after I gave them my piece of mind. In my eyes this is a huge pile of $#!% for the following reasons :

Randy and his technical staff did not notice an issue until after the race nor did the judges or competitors say anything about the brake lights not working during the rounds. But for some reason after the race they were able to notice and recall that they were working in qualifying.

There is nothing written in the rule book that is based on a vehicle failing to pass "A Post Race Technical inspection" stating that points or fines will be assessed and deducted.

My brake lights were deemed to be working prior to Ross Petty hitting on the very first lap ( half a lap ) of the top sixteen.

In the past if an issue has come to the attention of the technical staff such as "deemed illegal tires" or "vehicle swapping during rounds", a technical bulletin has been handed out to all competitors along with a statement of how the infraction will be handled and that it will be enforced at the next round with no points or fines being applied to those parties involved"
    Last edited by E86; 09-13-2007, 02:47 PM.

sounds like bs to me. i think FD is trying to be a little too professional with stuff liek this. and if there was a problem with the car, you tell them before it goes on track or even while its on track. not after they ahve packed there bags and left the scene

Comment

Pretty sure that bump on your wheel didn't knock out your tail lights Rhys..............?

Comment

**CLARIFIED BY FORMULA D TO ME** Thanks.

I guess since I'm not at the cars 100% at the time, I don't know exactly when the cars are at impound. Thanks, Andy.
        Last edited by yukio@jic-magic; 09-13-2007, 03:47 PM.

Comment

So Ross's hit to the rim/rear fender caused both tailights to go out?
          right.....
          did the redbull eyelight go out too?

Comment

Not to trivialize your plight but be thankful you aren't McLaren Mercedes today. Talk about draconian penalties for rules infractions!

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/formulaone/40219/

Comment

ehhh. it doesnt bother me. yes yes... rhys killed it in wall!... but as a driver he has disappointed me recently, finding out about contracts against D1 and NOPI Drift events.

hahaha as for the accident ... it wasnt an accident. anyone who gets paired up with ross petty.... ur gonna get hit. just like him hitting nomuken at D1 englishtown....( but rhys wouldnt know cause he's a sell-out!)if you wanna see petty do well... like i said, go get a PS2.

Comment

ReDoc0at- Just to let you know we are planning on entering the D1 event in Nov. What are these contracts you speak of? Please PM me on this matter.

Comment

I Find It Very Possible To Have A Hit In The Rear Corner And Lose Lights My Rear Light Wires Run On The Left Side Of My Car And Just Over The Rear Fender Well If The Car Was Hit Pretty Good It Could Damage The Wiring But In Those Pictures What The Hell Do Lights Have To Do With Getting Punted?????????
                  Last edited by SDARsupertuner; 09-14-2007, 11:56 AM.

Comment

ok. its true i dont know what im talkin about. im just a fan that is really into it, and at wall i was talkin to someone who competes in NOPI and I was saying that pretty much team tokyo drift need to just leave Formula D and compete in the japanese D1 series (because you dont have to deal with all the ross pettys who just wanna hit u so everyone is talking about em for the next 2 months, its like top 32 of rhys millens. which means awesome)..just making conversation... and he freaked out saying that rhys has a contract against D1 points series events, but can do the exhibition matches and he has been paid not to compete in at least one of the NOPI events... like i said, im not tryin to start anything. he is the man. everything he does for this sport is awesome! anytime he is there you know your gonna see 110% effort.

coming to D1 - englishtown and not seeing any. any. US drivers except for Team Falken was depressing. with out D1 there wouldnt be a "cool, were all from california formula D"! To me as a fan.. i was thinkin oh.. all the US drivers used D1 to copy everything and learn as much from the japanese and steal all that and create americas own money maker.... i know atlanta was the next weekend and all, so nothings gonna get accomplished by me sayin all this. but. if team falken can do it... all the other seeded Formula D drivers should have been able to make it out there.

rhys is the man. just wish he would stay more on the fan level. like have him post on this forum. reply to this! i just wanna here one of the OG US drivers who started in D1 to honestly give there views on drifting as a machine and not some fluffy i like fans reply.... and not from a series. i wanna here a driver. cause i know there are all sorts of issues over in japan with people leaving D1 because of shady buisness.. I'd really like to talk to miki.... but theres a whole language issue there. lol

cant wait to see the baja drifting! or rhys's next crazy action movie!!!... but i would rather see him just compete in englishtown next year.

good luck in irwindale

Comment

This was posted to our website but we have been experiencing problems for the last couple of days so here it is for everyone here:

OFFICIAL NOTICE: Formula Drift Post-Race Technical Inspection Report

During the routine post-race technical inspection, which first began during Round 4 at Evergreen Speedway, on September 8, 2007 at Round 6 of the Formula Drift Championship event at Wall Speedway, it was determined that the #2 car, driven by Rhys Millen was not in compliance with the 2007 Formula Drift Rules & Regulations.

Upon inspection by the Formula Drift Technical Manager, it was determined that the #2 car did not have functioning brake lights as required in Section 8.5 of the series rules, which read:

Section 8.5 Electrical Systems
                      … Brake lights, tail lights (rain lights), reverse lights, and hazard lights must function normally.

During the course of the investigation, Formula Drift Officials were able to determine that the brake lights were operable during Pre-Event technical inspection on the morning of Friday September 7, 2007 and that they were working earlier in the day of Saturday September 8, 2007, prior to the Qualifying round as witnessed by a Formula Drift Official. Team RMR was immediately notified following the post-race technical inspection by Formula Drift Chief Steward of the initial findings and was told a penalty would be assessed upon further detail review.

Formula Drift attempted to determine if there were any extenuating circumstances such as an impact or other incident that would have rendered the brake lights inoperable. Upon review of the footage of every scored run made by the #2 car including all qualifying runs, it was determined that the brake lights were never operable during Top-16 Tandem/Head-to-Head competition. In addition, Formula Drift rulebook Section 6.3 states:

Section 6.3 Damage
                      …It is the responsibility of the team to notify the TECHNICAL MANAGER of any or all damage.

As a result of a detailed review and the team’s appeal, the #2 car will be assessed a 17 point penalty and a fine for a rulebook infraction of Section 8.5; Electrical System.

Comment

Originally posted by ReDc0aT View Post
                        ok. its true i dont know what im talkin about. im just a fan that is really into it, and at wall i was talkin to someone who competes in NOPI and I was saying that pretty much team tokyo drift need to just leave Formula D and compete in the japanese D1 series (because you dont have to deal with all the ross pettys who just wanna hit u so everyone is talking about em for the next 2 months, its like top 32 of rhys millens. which means awesome)..just making conversation... and he freaked out saying that rhys has a contract against D1 points series events, but can do the exhibition matches and he has been paid not to compete in at least one of the NOPI events... like i said, im not tryin to start anything. he is the man. everything he does for this sport is awesome! anytime he is there you know your gonna see 110% effort.

coming to D1 - englishtown and not seeing any. any. US drivers except for Team Falken was depressing. with out D1 there wouldnt be a "cool, were all from california formula D"! To me as a fan.. i was thinkin oh.. all the US drivers used D1 to copy everything and learn as much from the japanese and steal all that and create americas own money maker.... i know atlanta was the next weekend and all, so nothings gonna get accomplished by me sayin all this. but. if team falken can do it... all the other seeded Formula D drivers should have been able to make it out there.

rhys is the man. just wish he would stay more on the fan level. like have him post on this forum. reply to this! i just wanna here one of the OG US drivers who started in D1 to honestly give there views on drifting as a machine and not some fluffy i like fans reply.... and not from a series. i wanna here a driver. cause i know there are all sorts of issues over in japan with people leaving D1 because of shady buisness.. I'd really like to talk to miki.... but theres a whole language issue there. lol

cant wait to see the baja drifting! or rhys's next crazy action movie!!!... but i would rather see him just compete in englishtown next year.

good luck in irwindale
                        Are you wearing tampon when you made this post?

and were you crying when making this post?

Comment

read the full thread http://www.driftlive.com/dl/2007/09/...modifications/

Comment

hahaha. im good big al.

hey. at least he's only in formula d and not formula 1. points deducted in a series that is pretty much just a show is a whole lot better than getting disowned as a manufacturer and a $100,000,000 fine. oh well.

Comment

Aren't they on then?

Comment

Working...
                              X