No announcement yet.

FD Rd. 6 Points Deduction for Rhys Millen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those are taillights....the ONLY lights that actually worked on the car.

Comment

Originally posted by 110octane View Post
      Those are taillights....the ONLY lights that actually worked on the car.
      if those are tail lights then why arnt his headlights on?

Comment

Because his headlights weren't working either.........

Comment

Who.

Fing.

Cares.

This is over and beyond for formula D. A points penalty? For some faulty wiring or broken bulbs?

I could see a fine, but jesus...

Comment

It is very well possible that, that impact could affect the tails.
            And with them being on the rear of the car, how would he know? Who would be looking for that? I mean really, who'd be watching/noticing tail lights not operating... during the day, under all sorts of vaporized rubber?

It's silly.

Are lights important to the drift? Important to the function of the vehicle? To the safety? I think no on all counts. It's not ALMS or any other multilap race (does Nascar require taillights?)
            Maybe all the events should be re-evaluated for rear impact/taillight malfunctions.

Maybe the rule needs to be re-evaluated.

I seem to recall a few instances where the rears of some have been affected, but not penalized.

Absurd.

Comment

Originally posted by Double M Star View Post
              It is very well possible that, that impact could affect the tails.
              And with them being on the rear of the car, how would he know? Who would be looking for that? I mean really, who'd be watching/noticing tail lights not operating... during the day, under all sorts of vaporized rubber?

It's silly.

Are lights important to the drift? Important to the function of the vehicle? To the safety? I think no on all counts. It's not ALMS or any other multilap race (does Nascar require taillights?)
              Maybe all the events should be re-evaluated for rear impact/taillight malfunctions.

Maybe the rule needs to be re-evaluated.

I seem to recall a few instances where the rears of some have been affected, but not penalized.

Absurd.
              hmm... I can think of an example.
              Attached Files

Comment

my .02

this is a pro series, if tail lights are affecting our pro drivers ability to monitor another car then maybe we shoudl limit tire smoke too.

i think this is a bit harsh. i really dont understand why tail lights are soooooo important in a smoke where part of the objective is to produce enough tire smoke to not be able to see the tail lights, and the objective of the following car is to be close enough on the drivers door/front tire/front bumper where you cant see the tail lights.

i really think this is a bit harsh, race cars break, and as a competitor i think the last thing ill ever look at on track is another guys tail lights.

non-refundable

this is not intended to offend/discredit anyone, just purely my .02 on the matter. formula drift and rmr are two great operations in drifting, and randy does a great job as far as taking care of safety and tech at all the events, i just think this is a bit harsh.

Comment

Originally posted by GBC View Post
                  AHA! Remove 16 points from his score! We can all see the malfunction!
                  I'd personally remove 4 more points because it's causing track debris, but we'll do that later.

Comment

If any of you were at this event, you would've noticed that a few drivers were left foot braking the initiation into the bank (i.e. Tanner Foust), throwing off the trailing car. I saw this happen when Miki and Nishida were following Foust. Rhys was probably doing the same thing but we didn't notice because his brake lights weren't working. With such a small track like Wall, having non-working brake lights is definitely an advantage.

Quote of the day at Wall from Ross Petty, "the only way to get Rhys is to hit em."

Comment

tanner was doing that last year too, irwindale as well. tanner left foot brakes a lot, but his runs are also like insane so whatever he is doing seems to be working well.

Comment

Originally posted by GBC View Post
                        Obviously, if the tail lights are damaged on that run, then nothing can be done until after the run is over. then the team is given a chance to fix the issue.

Looks like the issue was resolved (albeit crudely) here:

Also, since the car was involved in ANOTHER collision on the final lap, it was hard to do a proper post-race inspection

Comment

god damnit.

who cares.

Comment

So is this an issue of alleged foul play or negligents?

Comment

Brian H. says " god damnit. who cares."

-2 points for false cursing. And -13 more for failing to pass a post curse inspection.
                              see rules section 51.12a

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u View Post
                                So is this an issue of alleged foul play or negligence?
                                negligence

Comment

Working...
                                X