Drift for Dummies.. help me out guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drift for Dummies.. help me out guys

Im just getting into the drift scene wit a couple friends of mine.. Ive watched a couple videos and read up on it.. Then I find out theres different drift techniques and the whole nine.. I just wanted some basic pointers for starting out.. such as shifting techniques and speed around corners and that good stuff.. Oh im driving a 94 acura integra.. any help would be appreciated Thanks!

go to barnes and nobles and get this-
    Attached Files

Comment

no friggin' way, is that thing real?

cause if so thats pretty tight, i might have to pick that up myself

Comment

no.

i was kidding.
        search any info here...
        or on the internet.
        It's there. If I can find chevette stuff, you can find anything.

Comment

First tip: Get a RWD! While it's not necessary to get sideways it is to drift at the limit.

No really, meet your new best friend:
          Attached Files

Comment

Mr. E-brake..... good friend indeed.... ya first thing is you should get a RWD car... but if you wanna stick with FWD go for it... do some suspension wor....... nm just sell your car and get a RWD car.

Comment

Get an RWD. It easier to learn it if you are a beginner.

Comment

i dont tink the E brake is good for drifting......i mean it helps but for i beginer i would suggest puttin good tires in front,and shitty in da back.Goood for gettin started at low speeds.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by AE86 luva!
                  i dont tink the E brake is good for drifting......i mean it helps but for i beginer i would suggest puttin good tires in front,and shitty in da back.Goood for gettin started at low speeds.
                  I agree on your setup technique
                  E-Brake is something every drifter should know first thou.
                  It's the technique that the first drifters used to get sideways

Comment

They were talking about drifting with FF your E-Brake would be your new best friend!

Comment

I've tried drifts in a FF CRX before I got my S13. Even using the side-brake it was pretty tough to get it to do what I wanted. The FR S13 is way more accommodating to the beginning drifter but anything can be drifted with determination and practice. As usual I will recommend the “Drift Bible” as a great audio visual reference for any aspiring drifter. You can buy it right on this site too. Convenient, No?

Comment

drift newb welcome to the scene and may you florish in the art of drifiting!

and a rear wheel car would be best for a beginner. u can get a s13 240sx cheap

Comment

Heh I have love for Mr.E-brake... lol my first two cars were FF... and i could do pretty well with em... Its ok to start off with FF car, they have their limits though *warning* once u get the Drift Virus... my god its like crack.. youll only want more...

Ok tips for FF drifting...

1. Start off at slow speeds... experiment with the e-brake see how your car slides around...

2. Dont just yank the damn thing.... its about control....

3. A technique i used when i was ff drifting.... double tap the ebrake... initiates a nice slide...

4. For longer drifts you will either need more initial speed or you will have to use the e-brake frequently during the drift to keep your angle...

5. Not really a tip but... get ready to do lots of front end maintnence ... Lots of wear and tear with ff drifting....

6. Heh i gotta agree with everyone else... get a RwD Vehicle

Comment

My E-brake barely works. I have to pull it allllll the way up just so it wont move when the car is parked. When I'm going like 10mph and pull the E-brake it wont grip. Why???
                            Oh by the way. Sell the FF for sure. FR is the best way to drift. you could go FF with drifting but you would need some serious power and skill to pull it off.

Comment

Nismo,
                              There should be a nut on a threaded shaft underneath the boot on your e-brake lever. Take off the boot at use a deep socket to move the nut further down the shaft. This will effectively shorten the cable and allow braking with only a short pull up. What I described is for an S-13. Also, if it is really as bad as you make it sound maybe it's time for some rear brake assembly maintenance, or maybe even the e-brake lever pivot point has been damaged- you will be able to see that if you take out the center consul.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X