Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MonkeySlide View Post
    Um yeah

NOS center lost their insurance last I heard.

this is wrong information. NOS center did not lose thier insurance. There will be Drift Buffet events there again this year.

Comment

And the NOS center is done man..done! There was an accident there and it messed up that whole deal.
      Where do you get your info? When its flat out wrong, probably shouldnt repost it on a public forum.

As far as the "drift park" I am sure that it will get alot of attention and probably alot of business. Depending on where its located and if you can actually make it happen. Zoning and permits are a huge obstacle. If there is anything I can help with let me know I have quite a bit of experience with course design and setup.
      brainfood at sbcglobal.net
      good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Soldat View Post
        It's actually not that bad. My brother was trying to open a motocross park a few years ago and I believe all he really needed was to have a licensed EMT on staff and on site at all times, which is just a matter of hiring a guy. He only needed the full EMT team and ambulance on race days . . . or something. I may be wrong, though.

I know I would love to have a more local place I could go to and practice more often. I made two passes at the skidpad at DD40 this weekend before my differential broke. By the time the next event I can get to rolls around, it will have been over two months since I'd had any real seat time. That's not very much when you're trying to learn.
        You COULD go up to Balcony on a week day and practice. I think it's $100 any day of the week ($100 annual membership as well, IIRC.)

I think something needs to be built between LA and SD. Maybe in the Carlsbad area?

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
          You COULD go up to Balcony on a week day and practice. I think it's $100 any day of the week ($100 annual membership as well, IIRC.)

I think something needs to be built between LA and SD. Maybe in the Carlsbad area?
          Willow Springs is almost three hours away from me. Maybe I'm just "not that dedicated", but my wife is 9 months pregnant. I don't see any time in the near future when I'll be comfortable with being that far away.

If Drift Buffet really will be running events next year, then I'll be doing a lot of that. I just haven't seen an update to their website since August and when I went out there on a scheduled day to watch, it was a Latin Music Festival.

Comment

Originally posted by brainfood View Post
            Where do you get your info? When its flat out wrong, probably shouldnt repost it on a public forum.
            Originally posted by akuma S14 View Post
            this is wrong information. NOS center did not lose thier insurance. There will be Drift Buffet events there again this year.
            I heard from a few what I considered reliable sources in the paddock at the Formula D finals this year.

If its wrong its wrong but it aint like I heard it from some random jackA$$

Anyway what this guy wants to build doesn't seem like it's going to be anything like whats already available.

He just wants to build a giant pad and then from there its "make your own course"

The only issues are location and safety.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeySlide View Post
              I heard from a few what I considered reliable sources in the paddock at the Formula D finals this year.

If its wrong its wrong but it aint like I heard it from some random jackA$$

Anyway what this guy wants to build doesn't seem like it's going to be anything like whats already available.

He just wants to build a giant pad and then from there its "make your own course"

The only issues are location and safety.
              Well now you have heard it from the horses mouth.

Comment

you guys are overcomplicating this and complaining about irrelevant things

leon is giving everyone a GREAT opportunity to have a facility that isn't event-based..it's SHOW UP and drive when you want to drive based! that's awesome!

it really bothers me that anyone would turn away a great idea like this that would be a GOOD thing for drifting, whether it's skidpad or actual course it'd still be great to have, especially if it's not as far a drive as willow springs..

best best best of luck with it leon, if you need anything or get to the point where you're going through with it 100% and you need help promoting it i'll throw some banners up on my site - email me if you need anything colin@cfrostracing.com

Comment

this is a really good idea.some people i know are trying to openin one on the east coast. hopefully we will start building by the summer.were now lookin for a place to build it. please check us out. http://ecdriftraceway.com/

Comment

Originally posted by cfrost View Post

leon is giving everyone a GREAT opportunity to have a facility that isn't event-based..it's SHOW UP and drive when you want to drive based! that's awesome!

it really bothers me that anyone would turn away a great idea like this that would be a GOOD thing for drifting, whether it's skidpad or actual course it'd still be great to have, especially if it's not as far a drive as willow springs..

best best best of luck with it leon, if you need anything or get to the point where you're going through with it 100% and you need help promoting it i'll throw some banners up on my site - email me if you need anything colin@cfrostracing.com
                    Agreed.

Good luck with the track. If it's closer than Willow Springs and more available than El Toro, then I know I'll be there.

Comment

Originally posted by cfrost View Post

Frosty is right. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth mother*Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ers.

Comment

the word of Frost is teh gospel.

Comment

To me, if it takes guys off the streets and safely onto the track, then I'm all for it. Good luck.

Terry, me miss you long time.

Comment

You know what area seems totally rad for this?
                            let me tell you.

Right next to Long Beach airport, I think part of Boeing used to be there.

It is on... Carson and Lakewood intersection area.

I can't imagine much noise polution ebcause there IS an airport right there.

and it is a giant area.

hoopla

I need to drift more.

Comment

You know what area seems totally rad for this?
                              let me tell you.

Right next to Long Beach airport, I think part of Boeing used to be there.

It is on... Carson and Lakewood intersection area.

I can't imagine much noise polution ebcause there IS an airport right there.

and it is a giant area.

hoopla

I need to drift more
                              That's what I'm talkin' about! if my corolla breaks, i can push it home or have Monkey Slide tow me.

Seriously though, it's a dope location and great idea. If it were a perfect world and we could get what we want, id run it like that gokart place in jdm insider, gokarts & drifting.

Comment

there is a go kart track for sale that's south of atlanta.
                                from another forum:
                                "The track is up for sale for 90,000.00 If you want to own your own track this is the time to do it. The rest of the money my investor is willing to let someone take over the loan. It is 175,000.00. For the specifics on that just call me. The track is 15acres of c-2c-3 zoned commercial property that is granfathered in for racing. The track has alot of business there for what it is. It brings in over 40k a year and appraised at 225,000 2 years ago. We race GSKA,SEMRA, NASMOTO, and we do a little drifting down there as well. There is a full scedule for the 08 season. I am in a bind right now, with the way i was screwed out of a lot of money 2 years ago when i tried to make the place cool. But anyway i have to sell and cut my losses. PLease feel free to call me if your a serious buyer. I cant talk to a bunch of people that are just looky lous. If you need any other info just call me and i will let you know.

david@blackhillscircuit.com
                                DAVID 770-560-4824"

the guy was supposed to turn it into a drifting only track but never did.

Comment

Working...
                                X