X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ReDc0aT View Post
    D1 > FD
    your argument that D1 > FD, maybe.

but i'd definitely say that FD > D1 USA.

i think in the OG post, sidewaysrules was refering to D1USA.

Comment

exactly what i meant.

it is awesome to see 5-6 car tandem at D1 USA events.

BTW... is taniguchi comin back to FD this year?

Comment

Man....

D1 doesent even have TV coverage...

And they show any and everything on TV in japan, eating contest, dudes running through ridiculous obstacle courses, all sorts of other bs we would never show on TV as americans....

And for some weird reason they cant get drifting on TV? And they been around for a good 6 years.

Selling DVDs is cool, but that doesent pay all the damn bills. Most D1 drifters make money off there own shops, not sponsors.

Uras

Koguchi Power

Vertex

Ueo Style

And seriously, when was the last time you seen 6 car tandem in D1? You see stuff like that in MSC series... And they are aligned with Formula D now.

FD in my eyes on both sides of the ocean is better, and seriously..... If FD hosts the World Series this year I dare the D1 guys to show up and get served. Not because we are better then them, FD just has totally diferent rules then d1, diferent driving style.
        Last edited by Bebop; 01-21-2008, 11:54 AM.

Comment

D1 japan - is good stuff. But D1 usa is a totally different story. If D1 USA didn't import D1 Japan drivers they would have nothing but poop.

FD has great talent, great marketing and the events are all good. There is not as much drama with FD and there is definately not as much questionable calls.
          FD has spent a lot of time and effort to make drifting a legitimate sport while D1 is only interested in selling DVDs. Take this from someone who has had an inside look at the operations of D1. When D1 USA removed Hideo Tomitaka they lost what credibility they had. After that they become a company that practices over promise and under deliver and that is why they are failing.

I like Hiroshi Inada and I wish him luck with D1 USA but until they cut the fool who thinks he can run that company - ( an ex DB volunteer BTW) they will never succeed because this guy is a total a$$hat. I would love to tell the world his name but I think every one that needs to know it already does.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
            Man....

D1 doesent even have TV coverage...

And they show any and everything on TV in japan, eating contest, dudes running through ridiculous obstacle courses, all sorts of other bs we would never show on TV as americans....

And for some weird reason they cant get drifting on TV? And they been around for a good 6 years.

Selling DVDs is cool, but that doesent pay all the damn bills. Most D1 drifters make money off there own shops, not sponsors.

Uras

Koguchi Power

Vertex

Ueo Style

And seriously, when was the last time you seen 6 car tandem in D1? You see stuff like that in MSC series... And they are aligned with Formula D now.

FD in my eyes on both sides of the ocean is better, and seriously..... If D1 hosts the World Series this year I dare the D1 guys to show up and get served. Not because we are better then them, FD just has totally diferent rules then d1, diferent driving style.
            Guess who got on Japanese TV? FORMULA DRIFT. We just started airing on one of Fuji TV's satellite stations.

Comment

That is so awesome Jim. I am in Beijing right now and will make the trip out to Singapore to watch the event. I have a few Chinese drifters that want to run there, is this possible? Can they get a license or even a temp one? They are pretty good drivers - one of them won both the WDS events I did.

LMK please - Terry@driftbuffet.com

Comment

When is the Singapore event?
                Hubert Young
                KORE 8 Films

Comment

More drift events are dope to see.

FD - Is marketed lights and sparklers entertainment show, Org with industry sponsors. Entertaining.

D1 - Is Japan the OG event. With bright lights and snakes. woooraaahh

Nopi - Not as great organization from what i hear.. Nopi girls yumm.. great pay out for drivers (this i think its *Censored**Censored**Censored* F-D dont pay out better), and interesting because not as clicky as the other groups as I always see some interesting new drivers coming up..But that could be lack of looking at private drivers or non top guys. I hate when the new guys and smaller guys are not highlighted thats hella *Censored**Censored**Censored*.

So all got there own shines and boo's

Im not rideing formula Ds nuts just cuz they got this site on lock. I think more events are fun as long as they don't try to *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* each other..

Grass roots is were its at , im a driver not a fanboy... but i support pro events because the guys with hart diving in them are doing there dream and there fun to watch on tv.

but i agree with alot ya D1 is at the bottem of my list...
                  Nopi n FD are far more entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by jwoo View Post

.....but i agree with alot ya D1 is at the bottem of my list...
                    Nopi n FD are far more entertaining.
                    I cannot agree with this. FD has gotten more and more boring over the years. I went to the Jerz event last year and I'm sad to say that it has lost a lot of the fun. I've gone every year since the first event. I just dont feel the crowd/announcer/driver connection anymore. The way its set up is just not cool for fans. Its more of an event set up for actual drivers only. Which is fine, but for the mainstream audience, its just boring. The big score screen and they way they decide on who advances (within 1 or 2 points). I dunno it was just too boring. There is no excitement or crowd participation. All "one more time chants" ignored coupled with some weaka$$ judging decisions. No more drift demos at all. Honestly the only reason i went to the jerz event this year was to see if Taniguchi would do a demo. I get there and the only HKS presence there was a damn tshirt stand, great. Go watch the event and we get blessed with that lackluster ending of Rhys a Dai, then make the crowd walk all the way to the other side to see who won. 80% of the people left before that. Very disappointing. I took non car/drit fans to this event to experience the awesomeness of drifting, needless to say they were pretty underwhelmed.

On the other hand we went to D1 at E-Town. Wow now that was fun. Lots of demo runs, Multi car tandem, lots of crowd participation, sudden death forever (Vaughn and Ueno, wow!), Nomuken comedy, Team orange demos!. Its just so much more fun for the non driver/everyday fan. D1 you can yell one more time all you want and theyll do it. Its more entertaining for everyone, just give them what they want to see. Of course you're not gonna do sudden death rounds if they're not required, but whens its close enough, they always go for it! None of that stupid 1 or 2 points off crap, just give the crowd what they want! There seems to be less focus on competition and more focus on just have a blast! Thats what it should be like.

So whether D1 happens or not they'll always be #1 in my book. Formula D is great too but I think you guys should make it more entertaining and stop being so serious about stuff. NOPI drift its pretty cool too. However I hate nopi because along with the trashy girls and ricey cars, someone decided that you need this thing in a car show for entertainment:

What we need as fans is just more action and fun for both the hardcore and mainstream drift fan. Crazy stuff like multi car demo runs, etc:

Comment

"D1 at E-Town. Wow now that was fun. Lots of demo runs, Multi car tandem, "

that sounds cool.

Comment

it was cool.

Comment

Originally posted by NOPIMAN View Post
                          We announced a full schedule for 2007

We had our events...Paid every winner...Put them on TV...ALOT!

More coming for 2008...

Why do some people hate us!

You guys would get alot more respect from fans and Professional drivers alike if you stopped selling lies.

"The new face of American Drifting" who are you kidding? GET SERIOUS!!!!!

"Nopi Professional Drift Series" get rid of professional and that would be true!

It is obvious to everyone except NOPI owners and employees. Nopi is great for up and coming drivers. It is a great way for these amazing hardworking dedicated up and coming drivers to get some exposure and build there tandem skills to prepare to step up to Formula Drift or D1. It is not a Professional Drifting series.

I'm not gonna sit here and bash on your efforts. I kept an open mind as hard as it was all of 2007. But being someone that has such deep passion and love for drifting I am blown away by some of the things I see and hear coming from the NOPI camp. If you guys would realize and market what you actually are (a pro am series) and help build and promote up and coming drivers to be ready for professional drifting you would accomplish multiple things. Most importanly you would help drifting grow and give up and coming drivers opportunity(AWESOME!!!). You would have good competitions, due to the fact the competitors would be equal in level so there would still be tight battles, You would also obtain your main objectives, bring crowds to attendance slacking NOPI events, Make some money, and continue building the NOPI brand to appeal to your target.

We ALL want drifting to continue to grow and opportunities for drivers, fans, organizers and sponsors to grow. You would think after seeing the spilt in import drag racing you guys would understand that better then most....

All the best to all up and coming drivers. Chase those dreams, Keep at it and dont let all the hooplah mess with you!! DO IT!!!

hugs and high fives!

JR
                          Last edited by j.r.; 01-25-2008, 01:15 PM.
                          www.driftalliance.com
                          TEAM FALKEN

Comment

Originally posted by Lord_EJR View Post
                            it was cool.
                            yes it was. I even got to drive at that event. I only finished 13th (dun dun dun) in the driver search but I had the 4th highest entry speed and I was the only one there out of the am drivers in a four door car. It was a blast. O O O, and I also got to park under the Dunlop trailer along with Ken Nomura. So that was a bonus.
                            The demo the next day after the main event was sick as hell also. They were running trains and team orange did that head on drift thing at some decent speed.
                            I have been to all the NJ FD events and they seem to get weaker and weaker each year.
                            What I really don't get is how NOPI is getting E-towns road course this year and FD isn't? FD has out grown Wall.

Comment

Originally posted by j.r. View Post
                              You guys would get alot more respect from fans and Professional drivers alike if you stopped selling lies.

"The new face of American Drifting" who are you kidding? GET SERIOUS!!!!!

"Nopi Professional Drift Series" get rid of professional and that would be true!

It is obvious to everyone except NOPI owners and employees. Nopi is great for up and coming drivers. It is a great way for these amazing hardworking dedicated up and coming drivers to get some exposure and build there tandem skills to prepare to step up to Formula Drift or D1. It is not a Professional Drifting series.

I'm not gonna sit here and bash on your efforts. I kept an open mind as hard as it was all of 2007. But being someone that has such deep passion and love for drifting I am blown away by some of the things I see and hear coming from the NOPI camp. If you guys would realize and market what you actually are (a pro am series) and help build and promote up and coming drivers to be ready for professional drifting you would accomplish multiple things. Most importanly you would help drifting grow and give up and coming drivers opportunity(AWESOME!!!). You would have good competitions, due to the fact the competitors would be equal in level so there would still be tight battles, You would also obtain your main objectives, bring crowds to attendance slacking NOPI events, Make some money, and continue building the NOPI brand to appeal to your target.

We ALL want drifting to continue to grow and opportunities for drivers, fans, organizers and sponsors to grow. You would think after seeing the spilt in import drag racing you guys would understand that better then most....

All the best to all up and coming drivers. Chase those dreams, Keep at it and dont let all the hooplah mess with you!! DO IT!!!

hugs and high fives!

JR
                              Thank you.

Comment

Confirmed: D1 has canceled their 2008 series

http://www.everythingdrift.com/index...=291&Itemid=30

Comment

Working...
                                X