• Show
Clear All

surprise!

Its too bad but meh, everyone knew it.

Comment

Originally posted by EverythingDrift View Post
      Confirmed: D1 has canceled their 2008 series

http://www.everythingdrift.com/index...=291&Itemid=30
      har har.. even Zatoichi and Miss Cleo could see that coming.
      DB had made a complete plan for them to run a USA series and instead our "volunteer" wormed his way into a full time job at D1 USA and has since completely ruined the credibility of the company. What a shame.

Comment

Dont worry it will be replaced with my new event D-2. haha

that sucks dood!

Comment

Does Formula D recognize the D1 USA licenses that were given out all last year?

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy View Post
            Does Formula D recognize the D1 USA licenses that were given out all last year?
            We do not. We would have if D1 had excepted our offer to recognize each other's licenses. We are working on cross recognition with various international series, more info to come. With that said though, if a driver wanted to petition for a FD Pro License, please include your D1 USA license status in your driver resume.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim @ FD View Post
              We do not. We would have if D1 had excepted our offer to recognize each other's licenses. We are working on cross recognition with various international series, more info to come. With that said though, if a driver wanted to petition for a FD Pro License, please include your D1 USA license status in your driver resume.
              Thanks. That's what I figured. Not that I had a D1 license. I just know a few folks did that were kind of depending on the series this year....shoulda known based on the past, I guess. That stinks for drivers who invested in their series.

Comment

My complaint with FD is the Sonoma layout. It is a high speed course but with the entry speeds seem like they should be higher. Maybe a few course layout changes to freshen what is already there.

Aaron

Comment

Originally posted by akuma S14 View Post
                  har har.. even Zatoichi and Miss Cleo could see that coming.
                  haahhaha...Terry knows his Kitano Takeshi movies. Im impressed!

so D1 is done? can anyone confirm? Not that i dont trust the edrift guys, but i havent heard it from anyone else yet.

also on that link, it only says that the SERIES is done. not the exhibitions. perhaps, they still will do the thanksgiving event?

is NOPI drift the next to go?

Well if there is no d1 in US anymore, it is sad to see all the J drivers that cannot switch to FD will not be coming back. No more Team Orange, Nomuken, Yoshioka, etc...

unless...they switch to FD...that would be sick.

anyhow congrats to Jim and his staff at FD for having THE established and premier drift series in the US. Keep up the work and FD may possibly become the Premier WORLD Drift Series (kidding..terry.)

Comment

Some have questions this announcement, since nothing official has come from D1 yet...

We contacted D1 to conduct normal business last week (establish a give-away and coordinating discount code for the first round, scheduled for March 8-9, and discuss further promotional opportunities throughout the rest of the season) when we were informed of the cancellation.

We had heard rumors in the last 2 weeks that multiple staff members had left the organization. This phone call confirmed our suspicions that there may be a cancellation of the quickly-approaching March 8th event (of which there has been ZERO promotion of since SEMA). We were told that no decision had been made about the November "All Star" exhibition, but we would be informed of details as soon as they got them. We were given an email address for more information, and await to hear back.

The 2008 Japan schedule is still up on the Japanese website:
                    http://www.d1gp.co.jp/topix/08/08_sch/D1_SCHE_HP.html
                    Last edited by EverythingDrift; 02-12-2008, 12:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CamelTouge View Post
                      haahhaha...Terry knows his Kitano Takeshi movies. Im impressed!

so D1 is done? can anyone confirm? Not that i dont trust the edrift guys, but i havent heard it from anyone else yet.

also on that link, it only says that the SERIES is done. not the exhibitions. perhaps, they still will do the thanksgiving event?

is NOPI drift the next to go?

Well if there is no d1 in US anymore, it is sad to see all the J drivers that cannot switch to FD will not be coming back. No more Team Orange, Nomuken, Yoshioka, etc...

unless...they switch to FD...that would be sick.

anyhow congrats to Jim and his staff at FD for having THE established and premier drift series in the US. Keep up the work and FD may possibly become the Premier WORLD Drift Series (kidding..terry.)
                      Treesus christ man! You know I will help FD in any way I can to bring that caliber of talent to China. I am working on a Drift event in China now. It is a Charity event for underpriveledged kids and all ticket proceeds will go to Charity. I have sent an email to the FD people in singapore regarding a press pass but has recieved no response. :-( A little help from FD Corpo would be nice.

BTW the WDS is a joke and they have failed to pay several people including me. I am working to bring a legitimate series to China in 2009.

Comment

And now the final word has been spoken on the D1 Cancellation we posted.

Sorry to all those that were dependent on this series.

D1's Official Cancellation on D1GP.com

Comment

Working...
                        X