Mazda DriftAllStars Laughlin Pratice Day Jan 25 26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
    American drifting at its finest... I'm still confused where is Marty?
    Jesus Christ, stop sucking Marty's *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*.

Team All Star is in the West Coast and it makes sense to have drivers locally.

Comment

I'm still here, and I'm still working very closely with Bill, Leon, and the Allstars. Being in Atlanta is tough, but I should be out on the West Coast soon for some testing.

P.S. Al, I still love you. Don't worry, you're the only man for me

Comment

haha Marty <3

At least you got some dude sucking on your d*ck now lol

Comment

Originally posted by Al View Post
          Jesus Christ, stop sucking Marty's *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*.

Team All Star is in the West Coast and it makes sense to have drivers locally.
          Imagine if Falken had that same attitude when it came to Gittin....

I suck on Marty and Robs *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* because those guys are core roadster drifters, they have the reputation and the skills and have put in the hard work to have a opportunity to drive in a program with the potential that this one has.

But hell ya!! Team All Stars ???

Kyle is cool drives a cool rotary, I talked to him a few times, I still remember brainfoods effed up S14 at long beach in 06 and Pat is a thief in the night in his corolla and he made top 32 in D1. But damn, thought this was like a mx5 all star team?

Comment

I suck on Marty and Robs *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* because...
            Couldn't you think of a better way to start your counter-point?

Anyway we get where you're coming from but Team All Stars isn't like Falken.

First of all they're a car crew/marketing agency not an international tire company.

They don't have the money to cherry pick drivers from all over the country and fly them to the west coast every time they need to test.

Second they aren't building this team to appeal to all the hardcore Miata (MX-5) drift fans out there ....'cause there's only like 5 of them.

However in general the drift crowd does have respect for MX-5's because if their track car reputation.

This isn't about appealing to the small small circle of grassroots guys who all know each other..its about appealing to everyone while looking as cool as possible and spending as little money as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeySlide View Post

Second they aren't building this team to appeal to all the hardcore Miata (MX-5) drift fans out there ....'cause there's only like 5 of them.
              Here's some numbers from the forum on roadsterdrift.com

"Our members have made a total of 60,528 posts
              We have 1,080 registered members"

Not very many roadster drifters i guess. If they were smart i would think they would build this team to completely appeal to roadster driver's since really there's a bunch of us out there that dont have a car to root for in fd. Not that car type is a big decider for who people like and who they dont like, but its definitely cool to finally have a miata/mx5 variant out there.
              Last edited by gigglesnirt; 02-02-2008, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gigglesnirt View Post
                Here's some numbers from the forum on roadsterdrift.com

"Our members have made a total of 60,528 posts
                We have 1,080 registered members"

Not very many roadster drifters i guess. If they were smart i would think they would build this team to completely appeal to roadster driver's since really there's a bunch of us out there that dont have a car to root for in fd. Not that car type is a big decider for who people like and who they dont like, but its definitely cool to finally have a miata/mx5 variant out there.
                1,080 people on one forum is peanuts compared to the sales numbers of MX-5s without even marketing to the drift "crowd"

Most small companies wouldn't even advertise on a forum unless it had at least 10 to 20k members...

1,080 people isn't a lot at all.

That's the thing about being an enthusiast...when you're into something you feel like your niche is a lot bigger than it really is.

Mazda likes drifting and they agreed to do this because they want to create NEW roadster fans...not appeal to the people that they've already won over.

Why push yourself to sell your product to a guy who is going to buy it anyway?

Comment

1,080 people on one forum is peanuts compared to the sales numbers of MX-5s without even marketing to the drift "crowd"

Most small companies wouldn't even advertise on a forum unless it had at least 10 to 20k members...

That's the thing about being an enthusiast...when you're into something you feel like your niche is a lot bigger than it really is.

Mazda likes drifting and they agreed to do this because they want to create NEW roadster fans...not appeal to the people that they've already won over.

Buy it anyway, a lot of us roadster heads are undecided on the NC

I run a NA, I think giggle has a NA also... it would be a good way for the miata owners who already dedicated to the brand be more dedicated by seeing the potential of the new generation of products.

You say they arent falken, but they are mazda?? A car company has a bigger budget then a tire company.

Mazda/All Stars, are you going to let this guy undermine your dedicated enthusiasts? Do you guys really not care about the community that has been supporting you for decades?

Seriously think about it, why do companies like Ford, Chrysler, and GM make retro looking cars? Too sell them to a market that doesent even remember what a 66 mustang or a 70s challenger even looks like?

its about appealing to everyone while looking as cool as possible and spending as little money as possible.
                  I remember people who tried to do that... we had a name for them.... ricers?

But hey, these are some well designed machines, not the prettiest but damn these things have potential

Comment

Its not looking at the 1000 or so members on one forum that should be appealing to companies. There is a small forum, not well advertised (sorry rob but its not) and it still manages to bring in 1000 members and growing. Now if you were a company i would imagine you'd look at how many people probably do not go there as well which should be quite a few who are still drifting. On top of that look at all those other people driving miata's that probably have not even looked into drifting. The car is one of the best selling sports cars in the world and plenty of people out there driving the car could see this vehicle on the track and say, hey i have one of those thats great, i'll root for this guy. Whether they are a hardcore motorsports fan or not.

Comment

Imagine if Falken had that same attitude when it came to Gittin....

I suck on Marty and Robs *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* because those guys are core roadster drifters, they have the reputation and the skills and have put in the hard work to have a opportunity to drive in a program with the potential that this one has.

But hell ya!! Team All Stars ???

Kyle is cool drives a cool rotary, I talked to him a few times, I still remember brainfoods effed up S14 at long beach in 06 and Pat is a thief in the night in his corolla and he made top 32 in D1. But damn, thought this was like a mx5 all star team?
                      i agree 110%

Comment

You say they arent falken, but they are mazda?? A car company has a bigger budget then a tire company.
                        News flash dude. They aint a factory team! Mazda is a partner. They just provided the cars/motors/build.

Everything else is paid for by the team's sponsors like circuit city and cooper tires.

Hell the ONLY REASON why Mazda even got in on this is because of the Formula D Champ Car demos. Why? Because 150k people will see their product sliding around a track and think its cool. Do you think all those people are going to care who the drivers are?

Actual Formula D competition is secondary to them. They'd like to do it but that wasn't the main objective of the program.

I know this because I personally spoke with the Marketing Exec of Mazda NA several times. Had lunch with the dude too..nice guy also a weekend racer.

Also, Mazda has a hand in a myriad of other motorsports including an entire open wheel racing ladder. They can only throw so much money at any particular avenue

Mazda/All Stars, are you going to let this guy undermine your dedicated enthusiasts? Do you guys really not care about the community that has been supporting you for decades?

Seriously think about it, why do companies like Ford, Chrysler, and GM make retro looking cars? Too sell them to a market that doesent even remember what a 66 mustang or a 70s challenger even looks like?
                        Jesus Christ! Melodramatic much?!

First of all I'm not underminding anyone. I'm simply stating Mazda's objective in all this.

If anything you are underminding them because you're trying to make it seem like just because they aren't using a few Miata drift guys that only a handful of us actually know that they're some how being untrue MX-5 enthuisasts or something.

Secondly Ford and GM are a different case entirely. The Mustang and Challenger have been around for..what...50+ YEARS! With the exception of the challenger (which isn't really being marketed to the "youth" crowd) there has been a new generation every few years so it doesn't matter how old you are everyone is going to know WTF a Mustang is!

And retro cars look cool not just to those who remember what the older models look like but to people in general. Selling Mustangs to the old timers is only part of it.

The fact that Mazda gave up three MX-5 bodies in white with cosworth motors all for a drift specific purpose should be more than enough to please any real MX-5 enthusast.

Driver wise they have to do what works best for them and that isn't scouring the country to hand pick all the best MX-5 drifters out there.

There is more than enough talent in So Cal.

Like I said..this isn't about appealing to the very small circle of MX-5 drifters who all know each other.

One of the rules of marketing is not to waste a lot of energy preaching to the choir.

Comment

*applause for monkeyslide*

he gets how this whole thing works

one day the guys who disagree will understand too

Comment

i havent really seen marty drive... but what has he done lately? pat went to pro am and got his formula d liscence, made top 32 at d1 in a new car. got a lesbo hair cut
                            brogers made the team from just testing out the car.
                            its obvious these guys can drive all bad a$$. who cares if its a miata guy that drives it or not
                            Last edited by sdtouge; 02-04-2008, 03:50 PM. Reason: *Censored**Censored**Censored* was censored

Comment

WoW! Seems like a little bit of bashing on the Allstars here! As mentioned before they are not Falken, however, some tend to forget or possibly don't know about the Allstars involvement behind the scenes of many of the top automotive events that "you' all love.

A few top drifters from around the country who don't drive MX5's including Formula D drivers are Allstars members!

Enjuku racing! Fast N Furious 3, Extreme Auto Fest, HIN, the list goes on and on! Even have things going on in Canada and Europe! Plus programs for school kids!

So Keep in mind that this thing with the MX5's has just begun and judging from all the other successful endeavors the Allstars have had, I'm sure they know what they are doing!

Comment

Originally posted by cfrost View Post
                                *applause for monkeyslide*

he gets how this whole thing works

one day the guys who disagree will understand too

No one really cares until they have a friend involved.

Its cool Colin.

One of the rules of marketing is not to waste a lot of energy preaching to the choir.
                                You must have poor marketing skills.

I think it will all come down to how they do in formula D this year

Comment

Working...
                                X